1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Generation 6 anime: Adventures in the Kalos Region

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Amport, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amport

Amport Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    So the first episodes of the new Pokémon anime series in the Kalos region have been broadcast in Japan and (luckily) brought to us in Greece as well by cable tv. After the failure (for most of the Pokémon fans) of Generations 4 and 5, the Pokémon series have returned back to the greatness of the Kanto region. The fans took a taste of what was about to follow from the 4 special episodes "Pokémon Origins", which depicts the story of Red and introduces us to the Mega Evolutions. The "Origins" looked so good that all Pokémon fans watched them with a smile with the hope of a better anime. They proved right. The anime is directed and written by the same guy who also came with the idea of the origins, and Pokémon looks better than ever!

Take your time and watch the episodes from 1-4 when you find time. Very briefly, Ash catches the water starter Froakie and (as in every region) the flying type Fletchling and heads on to the first gym, after having calmed down a rampaging Garchomp.

Let me know your thoughts on the series, I believe that this is a great comeback for Pokémon and that most (if not all) Pokémon fans will love it!

2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I've seen both The Origins and the first anime episodes, and it was surprisingly good!

I mean, The Origins... Cubone episode... It was so good, I wished they would make more like that.

The anime was very good as well! Certain things stayed the same (dumbass Ash, jumping off Prism Tower), while they removed all his previous friends (even Brock!), to make room for the new ones.

I'm definately going to follow the anime from here, because I really liked this :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Amport likes this.
  3. Amport

Amport Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Spoiler alert! Brock returns in the last episode of the series. And yes, there is this feeling of the unexpected, the new thing once again in Pokémon, when you don't know what's about to happen next! That's what makes it link with the first episodes, not the plot, nor the Pokémon or the characters. The inner meaning of it!

I got too passionate about it perhaps.. :P

GarchompIsBlaziken likes this.
  4. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I was very happy with what I saw in the Kalos region anime so far. I liked the approach they took at the start to make it look like exactly what happened in the game with Fletchling waking up Serena in the way that it did. I'm very happy with it so far. Mega Pokémon were introduced to the anime perfectly with Blaziken being jumping around like that. It was cool.

Point is, I'm enjoying it so far, and I'm pretty excited to see where they go with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Amport

Amport Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    ^-^ that is the spirit of Pokémon! Success for gen VI, expecting more from the physics nerd with the Bunnelby..

6. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I watched the first 2 episodes on Cartoon Network and I will say they were pretty good (other than Ash still being a dumbass, as stated earlier xD).

7. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    I'm back to watching the show once xy starts for good, the new characters are actually pretty good. I love Serena's attitude and Clement's nerdish aspects (he made bunnelby look useful as something other than a HM slave). Ash, while still lacking most common sense, did improve a little. I think we are for a great series now!

8. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Why does it have to be Clemont? Why? I hate Clemont. Least favoirte Gym leader in the whole game, his backpack with the arms and shit is stupid, and do we really need the little weiner to have his sister around?

I'll probably still watch it eventually though, when I am done watching some of the older seasons in succession. Will also give me time to wait for the English one to come out, cause I am just not weeaboo enough to sit and read Pokémon subs.

9. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Yeah, Clemont doesn't seem the best travelling partner, but it's only logical, since he is the only kid Gym Leader in Kalos. Also, I think I'm going to watch the anime or previous generation, english subbed. Just because, the Pokémon keep their japanese names, the sounds they make just sound more natural to me.

10. Amport

Amport Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Anyone seen episode 5? Seems Ash finds a girlfriend at last.. Unless he friendzones her and my mind will be blown!

11. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Yeah, I've seen it. Ash meets Serena, who is a childhood friend. He doesn't recognise her right away, and the episode stops where Serena asks if Ash knows her from something. So yeah, probably a friendzone, like always :\

12. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Watch. She will be friendzoned just like the rest. Itll piss me off to no end but we all know it is going to happen.

13. Amport

Amport Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Probably the drawback of the season is that Ash is the same stupid and stupid kid (yup, on purpose twice) which will not make his Pokémon evolve and just friendzone another girl. I'll be really pissed off if it really is going to be so.
    Wouldn't it be a great idea if in Gen VII or VIII Ash grew adult, or perhaps 15-16 years old, so that he is not filled with immaturity and finally catch a legendary or win a league with right strategy and so? Or wouldn't we like to see the Gary's adventures in the Kanto region which happen in parallel to Ash's, but from Gary's point of view? That would be an amazing idea if someone came up with it and made it real!
    Waiting for episode 6!

14. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    Guys, no offence, but him having a "girlfriend" is so stupid and unnecessary imo. this is a kid's show, and he's 10. You don't have to be all "ash is stupid if he friendzones her", this show isn't made for YOU and you only. It's made for 7-10 year olds who could care less about "girlfriends". If you want a lovestory, you can just read/watch Twilight, but Pokémon is not the place for "romance". Like, do you think, it's fine for 10 year olds to have a girlfriend/boyfriend? Its not. Thats why we have pregnant 7 year olds (some.).

Jathemon and Shadow Blaze like this.
  15. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Pokechu has a point, though it can be said that even 10 year olds aren't as fuckin stupid as Ash.

16. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Actually, the entire Pokémon franchise is no longer really based on 7-10 years old, as you can clearly see in both the anime and the games. I mean, they obviously didn't make The Origins for 10 years old. And the same thing counts for the games, 7-10 years old wouldn't understand like 99% of the story in Pokémon X&Y.

What I'm trying to say is, I honestly don't think Ash will ever get a girlfriend, but really, he's clearly no longer 10 years old... I'd like to see Ash developing some more strategy and battling skills. Because after 5 entire regions, Pikachu still manages to lose from a Bunnelby. x_x

17. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I came in here expecting a mature discussion, relevant to the topic. Instead, I find arguments that a 10-year-old child should have a girlfriend and is stupid for not doing so. I'll say it once, and I'll say it again. The Anime was not made for the older age range. It was made solely for the target audience: 7-10 year olds. If you watch a show for that age range, accept it for was it is and stop trying to make it into a sappy fanfiction. If you can't do that, you have no business watching and/or complaining about it. Yes, there are older fans and Origins and many Pokémon mangas were, indeed, made for the older age groups. The Anime was not. So, are we going to actually talk about the gen6 Anime, or continue to bitch about how Ash, a mere child, keeps friendzoning every girl he meets?

On the topic at hand, I actually really liked Clemont. He was dorky looking and my god, why is he wearing that jumpsuit? But I love his personality. I did really like Cilan, but I think Ash's companions in this will be much less annoying. (I'm looking at you, Iris) I sort of faded out of the Anime after the Team Plasma arc, but I'm really looking forward to this series!

Deltheor likes this.
  18. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    In the latest episode, Clemont's sister (forgot her name) tries to get Clemont a wife. That was so hilarious, I hope that becomes a returning thing!
    I haven't really seen any of the other anime series, but appearantly, Ash's companions are usually really annoying, and I hope Clemont won't be like that.

19. UltraMew64

UltraMew64 Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    This series seems like it's going to be awesome. Ash has gotten alot better and improved. Now, if they would just show some character development in him and make him a little more mature. Serena looks awesome too. And maybe I'm just being a little too hopeful, but I really hope Ash and Serena get together, especially after seeing episode 7. Now some say that it's a kid's show, but there has been romance in kid's shows before, and Pokémon does actually have a few romantic moments in it and has shown various characters actually getting together or showing romantic feelings for one another. So I think Ash x Serena has a chance of happening.

Clemont seems pretty cool despite what some people may say and I think having an inventor travel with Ash makes it somewhat interesting. And Bonnie is just so cute.

20. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Honestly, I had my doubt about Clemont & Bonnie at first, but I'm convinced now. Clemont has it's own funny moments with it's inventions (also: episode 9, he has to challenge his own gym). And Bonnie trying to get Clemont a wife is just plain hilarious! And yeah, Ash and Serena... They certainly had some romantic moment already and we're just 10 episodes in!
    The anime really succeeds in making me look forward to the next episode, which is really cool! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.