1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Generation 8 New Technical Machines (TM's)

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Wizard, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    We have quite a few TM's these days, getting as high as 100 in the latest games. Some of these moves are terrible, but some are amazing. Generation 5 made it so TM's have infinite use, making them a lot better, and making our lives a lot easier.

What changes would you like to see with TM's in generation 8? Which ones do you want gone? Which ones do you want added? Do you like spinach? How many TM's should there be?

I think it would be fine to keep it at 100, but if we have more, that's totally fine. I think the TM for Hydro Pump would be pretty cool. It is fairly similar to Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard, etc., and I think it would be fun to give it to otherwise weak water Pokémon that don't have access yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I'd like to see TMs for new moves that more than one Pokémon can learn. It'd be nice to vary up the playing field for the Pokémon that already exist.
    And yes, I like spinach.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    The main one that I want is Hypnosis. It would really help me when trying to catch Pokémon.

4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    A lot of the moves that used to be TMs in older gens were turned into Tutor Moves come Gen 7. I can't complain TOO much because of that, since they're still obtainable, but I'd like to see Giga Drain and Hone Claws come back in TM form :3

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I really want another Fairy type TM. I think Draining Kiss or Moonblast could make for good TMs so that more mons can get a reliable recovery move, or simply a better Fairy move than Dazzling Gleam. I think we should get rid of Quash and Brutal Swing as a TM because I don’t think anyone uses them. And I also like spinach.