1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Getting tired of playing Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Wizard, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I have been facing a dilemna in recent years. I recently bought Pokémon Ultra Moon and loved playing it for a little while. Then, I got... bored. Not only with Ultra Moon, but I got tired of playing Pokémon on general. I felt that way a little bit before I left for two years, too. I hate to say it... but I'm tired of playing Pokémon.

Are you getting tired of playing Pokémon? If not, then what keeps you going?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've not gotten tired of playing Pokémon games, I replay them maybe times usually. I found somethign that works for me and that's Nuzlocke runs, I love doing Nuzlocke runs and I do them like 95% of the time. Is what keep it interesting for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    When I get bored of my current Pokémon game, I start a new one. I've also started to give myself challenges to make the game more strategically based. So far my challenges have just been to get through the game using just a single type. I've played through Pokémon Ruby using just Grass, and then just Water Pokémon, and I'm planning on playing Firered with fighting Pokémon soon. And if that stuff still doesn't appeal to you, it's okay to take a break from Pokémon games for a bit and maybe pick it up again in a few months or something. Some time off might help.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    Not at all! The world still has so many possibilities to explore, and I eagerly await every game that comes. While I will be skipping over Let's Go, I am excited for Gen 8, and what it will bring.

5. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Considering the many many many different ways to play a Pokémon game, there's always bound to be something I can do. You can nuzlocke games, randomize them, play competitive mons, do certain challenges, solo runs, etc.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I am tired of the current game, but I am still super interested in the story and the world

7. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Yes. I am extremely tired of playing Pokémon by this point. Since they started adopting a narrative focused approach with Gen V - a narrative that in no way justifies that focus - I have become steadily more disgusted and irritated with the main series games. It has reached the point where I am seriously considering avoiding the next generation, if it's going to be more of the same mediocre rubbish overlaying some still-addicting gameplay.

8. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    *Long post alert*
    Last year I started losing interest because I didn’t really have anyone to talk to about it. When I first started playing I would talk about it with my brother (who got me interested in the first place). Then I made friends with someone who loved it too, but that friend didn’t go to the same high school as me and I haven’t seen them in a long time. So I had no one to talk to about Pokémon and I lost interest. Then a few months ago, I started watching some Poketubers and I subscribed to them and I started coming back to Pokémon. I started playing more and more often, and I joined Lake Valor and Smogon.

Long story short, I lost interest because I didn’t have anyone to talk to about it, but I came back because of Poketubers. Wow

9. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    I agree with this, Nuzlockes are an excellent way of regaining interest, and there's tons of ways of making them extra challenging and fun!

Such as once I did an Egglocke where I asked on a forum for a bunch of random eggs, and somehow I ended up with a team that had a Shiny Tyrantrum, a Shiny Lapras, and someone gave me an egg that hatched into a Level 1 Giratina because... why not. (I still have it, never leveled it up because it still makes me laugh.)

10. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I only ever play a Pokémon game once, its just the kind of person I am, I only play something once. That being said I get bored of playing the games all the time. However, I never really got bored of Pokémon in general. I love Pokémon and I don't think I'll ever tire of loving Pokémon, even if I get tired of the games, anime or manga.

11. ninJAS

ninJAS Proud new daddy!

O_O
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    Ultra Ball
    I think everyone at some point gets burnt out on certain games even if you love playing them and Pokémon is no exception. I lost interest for a couple of years myself (from gen 3 to gen 5) but steadily got back into the games and played through all the ones I had missed. Took another hiatus early gen 6 just because my main focus was competitive battling and the community I grew up with battling began to dwindle. I'm back into the games again now but I'm sure I will lose interest at some point just to return again later xP

12. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Don't Know If I Am The Expectation One But Because Of Unable To Playing Pokémon Game, I Still Like I Am Tired To Watch Pokémon Playthrough.

There Is A Point When I Lost Interest On Pokémon From 2009 To 2013/2014 When It's Only The Playthrough Of Black And White Got Me Back To Pokémon.

13. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'll get bored of the games but then I'll go through phases where it's the only game I'll play

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    I tend to go back and forth with how much I actually like playing Pokémon. Lately I've been getting into them whenever a new set of games come out, falling out of them after I beat the newest games, then getting back in when a new set comes out.

15. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I get tired of playing the games, which is why I take breaks. I don't play it as much as I used to, mainly when a new game comes out.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I haven't picked up a Pokémon game, or any game actually -except for Minecraft- in over a year. Although I'm still a fan of the franchise, my interest in playing video games has decreased significantly in the last few years to the point were I don't want to play them anymore. Hell, I rarely even watch YouTubers play games because it's doesn't interest me at all. I'd rather spend my time doing other activities like drawing, listening to music, or worldbuilding.
    I'm not even sure if I'll be getting the Gen 8 games at this point. I'll probably only end up half completing them anyway.

17. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I face this feeling sometimes. Probably twice in my life I entirely dropped out of Pokémon for a year or way more (I skipped from SoulSilver straight to AlphaSapphire). And I can tell you now, if I were to try to play a Pokémon game Gen 3 or earlier... I'd probably put it back down after an hour.

My best plan is to work on conquoring the things I haven't absolutely destroyed yet. In Ultra Sun, that means breeding a perfect specimen of every single breedable Pokémon in a nigh-endless quest for perfection. It might also mean a challenge like Monotype or Nuzlocke or solo. Find what it is that might be a challenge that you're interested in, then take on that challenge!

18. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Yup, that’s happened twice. I’d start too many Pokémon games at once and get too burned out to play any of them.

19. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    This is something I still face to this day. I never fully finished Pokémon X/Y, and I barely finished Sun/Moon/ORAS. I think I stopped playing because I just lost interest in the competitive portion after so long. The newer aspects of competitive play (namely Z-moves) really went outside the realm of what I was interested in regarding tournament play, so I think that's what set it off along with the lack of ability to play against high-level opponents anymore.

20. jmoul18

Gwen
    (Kirlia)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.3
    Gardevoirite ★★★★Poké Ball ★
    I get bored with individual games, but I branch out and try the hacked versions with an emulator. It adds variety to the experience.