1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gifts for friends

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Do you guys give gifts to your friends, or is it just family? What's your spending limit of you do? Do you put thought into it, or do you ask them what they want? Even do you typically hand them it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I give gifts for friends, but I generally don't go too expensive unless they are a REALLY good friend. For example, my dear friend got Omega Ruby for christmas. I wonder what handsome rogueish devil did that? (snickers then cackles meniacally)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    If I see something I like and its not a celebration involved in giving gifts, yeah, I'll go over there and buy it for them!

4. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    My family has a system where each person gets a gift for someone else who isn't in the same household eg. this year I'm getting my cousin a gift. When it comes to my friends, I usually get them a game from their Steam wishlist (if I can be bothered getting anything at all).

5. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I usually give my bestie a pair of earrings. But nothing this year because I'm out of money because I had to get extra gifts for family.

6. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    I give gifts to my friends who have been with me throughout my struggles as an autistic boy. There is a very key difference between friends and "friends". Friends will stand with you no matter what. "Friends" are only there to stab you in the back. I have been deceived more times than I can count and it made me not want to trust anyone as a person. Friends who stand with me get rewarded at certain times like holidays and birthdays.

7. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Heh, in my friend group we usually just hand each other a bill of 10 or 20 when we arrive at their birthday party. I can't remember the last time I gave a real gift to one of my friends for their birthday :sweat:

8. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I get a gift for one friend only. Everyone else, I say "the best gift for me is not getting me a gift so I have the peace of mind to not have to shop for you." That friend who I do shop for is like a super best friend though. There are probably a few alternate universes in which we're married, so admittedly we're not talking about random buddy I hang out with at work.

I still don't know what I'm getting her this year though. I was thinking a Zen Pencils poster or two, since she's really into that inspirational/motivational stuff, but I just can't find the right one. Even if I buy one right now though, it probably won't even show up until the first week of January. And then there's the supplementary gifts too. I suck at christmas shopping.

9. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I don't pay for the gifts I buy. My dad doesn't let me. Instead, he lets me choose what gifts I want and pays for them. I never buy gifts for my twin, since she's like a magnet and is always somehow at least within 20 metres of me (except at school). So... we give the gift of giving! We inspire giving and bringing the family closer, so you can count that as a great gift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.