1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Giveaway interest.

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Strytho, May 4, 2018.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    So as many of you are aware, I have been doing monthly giveaways for the past four months. I am very proud to be doing this and it is a ton of fun to be a part of. My last 2 giveaways though haven't had any participation. I am wondering, is anyone still interested anymore? I obviously need some suggestions to keep this going and to keep it enjoyable. Here are a few questions:

What kinds of Pokémon would everyone like to see? Battle ready mons, good breeding materials, legendaries, shinies, rare items attached to the Pokémon?

Are there any particular Pokémon or types that you would like to see?

Are there any themes or holidays thar you would like me to focus on?

Do you have any suggestions for how I can improve?

Any thing that you didn't like about past giveaways?

How have my selection of Pokémon been? Good or bad? Did anything keep you from wanting to join in?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I thank everyone for joining in my giveawsys and I really hope to continue them

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm really sorry! It's not that i didn't want to attend it's just that i never even knew that they were happening! The ones that i joined were great! I really like how you included rare event pokémon that you can't get otherwise!

And i was wondering, is there any way for you to give away special Pokés in Gen v? I've been wanting to do the special Relic song event on black and white, and i want to complete my pokédex!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 May 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2018
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Last two? Maybe I missed one when I was out for two weeks...

Lately, with your help, I've gotten into breeding my own Pokémon, and I somewhat enjoy the work of breeding four generations of family tree trying to make an excellent Pokémon the long way. So when it comes to breedables like your Tyranitar and Togekiss, I maximize my own happiness by making them myself (if I have the specific motivation for that). To answer your questions:

What kind of Pokémon do I want to see: I mostly like legendaries and event Pokémon, even if they're clones/replications.
    Particular Pokémon: Maybe some of the things that have had very limited distribution, like Arceus, Manaphy, Shaymin, or a few others that don't come to mind right now.
    Themes or holidays: I'm not a holiday celebrant, but I enjoy a clever theme. Like maybe one out of a selection of Pokémon that are catered to a particular Weather or Terrain type, or a reference to things within a particular game like the multi-battle partners from Sinnoh?
    Suggestions for improvement: None that I can think of.
    Things I don't like: You're pretty good all around!
    Your selection: Seems very good, its just I've only knowingly passed up breedables because I'd rather do it on my own.

I hope that informs you of this individual's thoughts.

4. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Thank you guys for the input! This will help me out alot! Please keep it coming though because I would love to here from you so that I know what to do moving forward.
    Unfortunately, Gen V is completely shut down on that end. Only person to person stuff can be done because wifi functions and support for the orignial Wii and DS families was shut down in may 2014. Nintendo had to do this because it was becoming to costly and taxing. They needed to focus their resources on future systems and would have spread themselves too thin had they kept them running. The only way to get those events is either person to person trading, hacking, or getting a hold of an event cartridge (This I would not recommend because it is VEEEEEEEERRRRRY costly. A good cart in working order can go for $100 (US currency) or more. They are also not considered legitimate mons in most places because it can give you a clear and unfair advantage in the eyes of others).

5. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    That's okay! Like i was saying i really enjoy what you're doing with the give-aways!

6. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I think your distributions are great! I wasn't able to participate in the last two because I was getting bored of logging on to LV and other things and wanting to do other things. Anyway, an idea i had while typing this is to add a puzzle to the distribution. For example if you were to give away a Latias or Latios you can give a riddle like "The Pokémon of eons flies like a jet. Riding it will get you anywhere faster than extreme speed." (Latios and Latias are the Eon Pokémon and are said to be faster than jet planes.) The participants would then pm you the answer and if guessed correctly they would get the Pokémon. (If guessed incorrectly they can try again until they get it right or have a limited amount of guesses if you want) But that's just my thoughts. You can do them however you please

Strytho likes this.