1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Glaceon / Leafeon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Dragon, Apr 5, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Eevee (J)
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽45.7
    [​IMG]
    Gen 4's Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum introduces two new Pokémon - two more members of the Eevee family: Glaceon and Leafeon! It's a little bit different to evolve Eevee into these two Pokémon though: Leafeon evolves from Eevee by leveling one up near the Moss Rock in Eterna Forest. Glaceon evolves from Eevee by leveling one up near the Ice Rock near Snowpoint City.

Which Eeveelution in this game do you prefer, Glaceon, or Leafeon? Which one did you play with in-game in D/P/Pl, if you did have one? What did you think of this new Eeveelution method? Share any other thoughts here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I used Glaceon the last time I played Platinum (when I did a Blue Mono-Color in late 2014). It was pretty nice, despite its lack of resistances it was very helpful with its Defenses and great Special Attack stat. I liked using it. I thought these two Eeveelutions had alright methods of evolution, so it's nothing I could complain about.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I personally really liked Leafeon more. I just thought it was cuter? It was a lot less of hassle then how to get Glaceon since it was in the Eterna Forest, not the stupid snow that made you go slow. Anyhow, I liked this evolution concept for what it was, I was just confused on how it would work in later generations.

4. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I've always been a Leafeon person. Even though I never played any if the Gen. 4 Pokémon games it didn't really stop me from wanting a Leafeon in X and Y along with ORAS.

5. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Leafeon has been my favorite Eeveelution since it was introduced. Something about its design was always appealing to me, I had discovered Leafeon by accident in D/P/Pt, but Im glad I stck with her. The evolution method was unique, and I liked it.

6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I preferred Glaceon because I liked its design better and there were that many Ice Pokémon before that really appealed to me since. Glaceon is actually pretty decent competitively and its surprisingly bulky for an ice type. It also learns Mirror Coat and Water Pulse which I think is pretty unique. Glaceon also has one of the most melodic Pokémon cries that I've ever heard and I always get the chills when I send it out to battle.

7. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I've been a Leafeon guy since the release of Gen 4. The release of his HA made it all better. I use her on my Grass Sun Team.

8. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've raised Leafeon a little bit in SacredGold and Alpha Sapphire, but never past level 20 or so. The thing that bugs me about its (and Glaceon's) evolution is GameFreak's weird method of retconning evos and prevos. To me, it makes sense that Leafeon would evolve by Leaf Stone item (like the first 3 -eons, and maybe an item could have been invented for Glaceon and other Gen4 Ice types like Froslass). But for some reason, Gamefreak decides they need a concrete explanation as to why Leafeon couldn't be Leaf Stone evolved in Gen1-3, same just like how every time past Gen2 a new 'baby' Pokémon is introduced, a corresponding incense that permits its breeding is introduced tandem. "That's why you couldn't breed Azurill in Silver, you didn't have any Sea Incense." "That's why you couldn't evolve Eevee to Leafeon in Blue Version, there wasn't a Moss Rock in Kanto."

*catch breath* But I do like how they had a summer/winter dichotomy going there. That was super cool, like night/day umbry/espy.

9. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    While they're certainly not my favorite eeveelutions, Leafeon has at least grown on me since using it in my Platinum replay through. I used to hate them both, design wise, so much that I made my own lol, and never used them other than for the dex. However I still dislike Glaceon's design the most.

The different evolving method was both unique/creative, and annoying, for reasons @[member="ZeroBlack"] already stated.

10. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Both were great additions to the Eeveelution line, but I do have a slight preference for Glaceon. Its cold, icy design and awesome facial expression (if you want to call it that) makes it an awesome Eeveelution! Only Pokémon that manages to simultaneously look happy and POed at the same time.

11. pokedragonS8

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Glaceon for me. It's just cooler. Pun XD

I've heard some rumors that these two designs were made by a fan, is that true?

12. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Although I'm not a huge fan of Grass-types, I prefer Leafeon. I find this cutie to be super adorable! Its colouring and leafy appearance just feels right to me. As I don't prefer using Grass-types in-game, I have never used Leafeon before. As for its evolution method, I have no opinions on it, although a Leaf Stone would be a good substitute.

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    [​IMG]

Leafeon! Poor baby is underrated but it served me so well in D/P. The physical and special split was just introduced so messing around with Leaf Blade was very fun, plus it was bulky with a great defense stat and good speed, too. Glaceon was a little too frail for me at first and I didn't try using one until much later. Leafeon was one of my first lv. 90s+ in this game. :'3

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I think I used Leafeon more, but I prefer the design of Glaceon. It is so elegant looking, and Ice is my favorite type. 8)

15. Kizojin

Kizojin Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    i like leafeon but i also like Glaceon but Leafeon is a grass type and i do like grass types a bit more.

16. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    wHY ARE YOU MAKING ME CHOOSE ONE OF MY BABIES
    I'll choose Glaceon, because it's so beautiful, and the grace of that is beyond words.

17. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    They're both pretty cool! The only one I've ever used was Leafeon though, and even then that was on PS randbats haha. If I had to pick one, probably Leafeon. It has a nice cry (well they both do) and it looks cool too.

18. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Leafeon and Glaceon are some of my favorite Eeveeloutions, along with Espeon and Sylveon! I do prefer Glaceon a tiny bit more, although Leafeon is still amazing. Their designs are just really cool and interesting, and I love using them in battle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.