1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
  1. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Ethan... he was right. She had to move out of here. To do something. Whatever she could. Whatever they could. The little ray hope was back. Her eyes lightened up. Okay, let’s do this! she thought, suddenly smiling.
    But the Ralts had started talking again. Kelly tried to catch up.
    "...go out and take a look around town, maybe I can find something to progress the story of the game. Maybe that'll fix it, maybe not, but I still need to try. Wanna tag along?"
    "Y-yeah, sure! It’s better than staying here doing nothing anyway." The Dewott got up. She didn’t want to stay alone with her thoughts, especially if Ethan was out trying to get them out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Happy knowing that Kelly hasn't given up yet, Ethan began walking out the door with her following behind. His first destination was the town guild, since that's where most of the progress was supposed to be on these games. After only getting lost twice and asking multiple NPCs for directions, they finally made it to an enormous building, which they believe was their destination.

Walking inside the building, they both found out that this was, indeed, the place they were looking for. There were NPCs all over the place, and bulletin boards on the walls. While serching around, Ethan failed to notice one of the NPCs making their way towards them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    As she looked around, Kelly saw a Shroomish coming to them. Her expression was a mix of hesitation, confusion and determination, which made her face looking quite strange. Before she could warn her partner, the mushroom Pokémon called out to them.
    "Er, huh, hi, huh, you two are a team, right?" she asked.
    "Actually–"
    "Er, I mean, of course you are, the Shroomish added, interrupting the Dewott. "There’s... er... my friend Horsea is in the Sleepy Woods, and, huh, please rescue him! Now, huh, I think I gotta go-"
    "Wait!" Kelly interjected. "First, where are the Sleepy Woods-"
    "O-oh! You don’t know that? It’s easy, turn left when you go out of here, then just follow the signs, it’s not too far from-"
    "Hey, I’m not finished! Second, we’re not even a Rescue team!" the otter almost shouted, a bit annoyed.
    "You’re-" the NPC started, before pausing. Her face was showing pure confusion now. She stopped, but it looked weird – as if the 3d model was frozen!
    "Er..." Kelly waited for it to move before turning towards Ethan. "I might have broke-"
    "...not a team?" the Shroomish finished, startling her. "It’s weird... I feel like I should say something in particular but... also like if Horsea should be here for me to say that... and... Ah, I don’t know... everything is messed up in my head..."

4. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    After watching the whole scene play out, Ethan believed he had an idea of what was going on. He quickly turned towards Kelly, who looked slightly confused, and began telling her what he though.

"I think you found what we were looking for." He told her, recieving an even more confused look.

"Let me explain. If I'm correct, that was most likely a mandatory quest. We're supposed to complete the quest in order to continue with the story. I played other games that do similar things." He explained his theory. " I mean, why else would the NPC just walk up to us and ask for help, instead of post something on the bulletin boards like everyone else? It doesn't really make sense."

Ethan then turned to face the guilds exit. "I think we need to complete this quest to progress through the game. What do you think?"

5. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Kelly thought about it for a moment.
    "...Yeah, makes sense... And it’s a rescue mission, so it’s more likely urgent, which is a good motivation for the player to do it. So we have to get to those Sleepy Woods. Weird name."
    She looked at the Shroomish, who was mumbling to herself.
    "Why are they called like that?"
    The NPC looked like she was reconnecting to "reality". "Huh, what?"
    "The Sleepy Woods. That’s a strange name."
    "Oh, that’s just because there are a lot of Pokémon with soporific moves or abilities."
    This made Kelly think about the fact that Ethan and her certainly had moves and abilities too. Would they need practice to use them? They’d probably need to somehow make a movement associated with the move. Like, using a Claw or Punch move without moving would seem super weird. The moves they had where probably at least indicated somewhere though. But what if... they were supposed to get some kind of tutorial at the beginning on those things and they missed it because of the glitchy game? What if they missed something important?
    She stopped that chain of thoughts before it trapped her in a state of panic again. In the case that they indeed missed some things, they’d probably figure it out in some way or another. Besides... she wasn’t alone.
    She waved at the Shroomish to have a good reason to walk a few steps away from her. Since the Dewott had the thought that the NPCs may feel like sentient beings now – who probably didn’t know they were in a game –, she found herself having a bit of compassion for them, and didn’t want to risk to confuse the mushroom Pokémon even more with the "fourth wall breaking" stuff she was gonna talk about with Ethan.
    "So huh," she started, "we probably have moves too. I think it’d be useful to check them and maybe get somehow used to them before we go into any dungeon, even the first one."
    She kept her anxiousness quiet, preferring to bury it in the deepest part of her mind.

#45 Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  6. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Kelly was right, they had to learn how to use their attacks. Ethan didn't really think about that fact. He completely forgot about that single important detail. Running towards The Sleepy Woods would've been a death sentence. Thinking that most likely missed some sort of tutorial, he began thinking of a possible way to deal with this problem, after some thinking, he came up with something that might help them out.

"What better time to learn than the pressent?" He announced. "Come on, we've got to get to The Sleeping Woods. We can try to learn on our way there. Don't worry, we wont go in there untill we learn a thing or two."

Making his way out, he made sure to follow the Shroomish's instructions and began to follow the signs. Once they were a distance away, Ethan stoped walking and turmed around to face Kelly.

"Okay, this seems far enough. Here's the thing, I think we should practice ussing our attacks out here, away from most of the NPCs. We can't enter the woods unprepared, that won't end well for us." He told Kelly. "Try to use your watergun on me. You're a dewott, you should at least be able to do that. I don't think it'll hurt much, I mean, it's just water... right?"

7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Kelly followed Ethan in the town's streets. Stopping on their way to the Woods, he turned around and proposed to start training.
    "Yeah, sure... Huh, I should probably check my moves first, just in case I don't have Water Gun, you never know what can happen," the Dewott said.
    She opened the menu, looking for a "moves" option. There was an "Info" button. That should be it, she thought. Good news, it was.
    "So I have Water Gun, Fury Cutter, Rock Smash and Double Team... neat. Oh, and Torrent as an ability, apparently. That could be way worse."
    Quitting the menu, she informed her partner of her discovery and suggested that he should check too.

#47 May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Listening to Kelly's suggestion, Ethan opened up his menu and found his info.

"Huh, I have Confusion, Draning Kiss, Heal pulse and... Magical leaf? Huh, didn't think a ralts can learn that." He announced to his companion. "Huh, I'm pretty sure psychic attacks are gonna be pretty dificult to understand. Cause you know, most phychic attacks don't involve phisical movent, just mental strenght."

Ethan was pretty cunfused to how using a psychic attack was gonna work in this game, but he didn't feel discouraged.

"Well, Kelly. Let's see what your capable of. Try using yuor watergun on me, and if it works, than I guess it wontbe dificult to learn how to do these attacks."

9. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    So it seemed that they both got pretty good moves. At least they had that...
    Ethan invited Kelly to start first with Water Gun. She nodded and thought about how she’d do it.
    So... I could probably spit it like Pokémon are often represented doing so... but... I wonder if...
    The Dewott stretched her arms in front of her for her open palms to be facing the Ralts. She closed her eyes to concentrate on the thought that she wanted to shoot water through her hands, or paws. Taking a deep breath, she noticed a strange feeling of power flowing through her veins, going all the way to her open hands. Which seemed a bit too much for just a video game... but she pushed that thought away. Stay focused. Opening her eyes, she felt more than she saw a sphere of water, from the air around them and a bit from her too, forming at the tips of her fingers. Suddenly, the power was released, and the sphere shifted into a squirt flying right towards Ethan who fell down on impact.
    "A-ah! Are you okay?" she asked as she ran to her partner.

10. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Ethan was surprised when he saw a sphere of water begining to form from the tips of Kelly's fingers. The moment the sphere began to change into a squirt, he expected to get splashed in the face. But what he didn't expect, was the very same water causing him a lot of pain. The water hit him hard enough to make him fall down just from the impact. It took him a while, but he recovered from the initial shock. Groaning, he tried to sit back up.

"Uhh, that was surprisingly very painfull." He told Kelly, rubbing his face where the water last hit him. "How about we don't use our attacks on eachother, trust me, it hurts more than you think."

Once Ethan got back up, he began to think of a way to try to practice his own attack without using it on Kelly. His eyes glanced over a small rock on the ground, and that gave him an idea. Staring at the rock intently, he was using every ounce of his willpower to use his Confusion to move the rock around. He close his eyes, trying to concentrait on the rock. Once he felt something, he opened his eyes, not noticing his eyes slightly glowing. He felt the rock, but not with his hands. It was tough, but it was smooth at the same time. This was extremely complicated, and felt way to real to just be part of some game, but he ignored it and began moving the rock with only his mind, it was strange at first, but once he got a good grip on the rock, he began moving it with more ease.

"Woah, this is amazing... a little but weird, but amazing." He told Kelly. "I'm not sure how this works exactly, but maybe I can do some psychological damage to our oponents."

#50 May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  11. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    After he had recovered from the hit, Ethan looked around and began staring at a rock. Before she asked him what he was doing, Kelly realized that he was probably thinking about using the psychic powers he talked about earlier. She saw him closing her eyes like her, but when he opened them again, they were glowing! Funny how psychic powers are so often represented by eye glowing, she thought. As the Ralts was carrying the rock around, the Dewott wondered if he had that same kind of weird feeling that she felt earlier.
    "Woah, this is amazing... a little weird, but amazing," he said. "I'm not sure how this works exactly, but maybe I can do some psychological damage to our oponents."
    "Yeah, that’s it! Strange but amazing. That’s how I felt too," she answered, skipping the last part as she was mostly excited about their powers. Suddenly, she got an idea. "I’m gonna try something."
    Before her partner could ask what, she bent her knees, her palms opened in front of her, one facing the other in some kind of (what she hoped was) cool-looking pose. Forming another water sphere – it was already a bit easier –, she suddenly leapt as high as she could and aimed the squirt on the ground. Propelled even higher by the strength of the jet, she localized and locked her eyes on her target as she moved her arm back, only to throw the stronger punch she could.
    The rock was destroyed.
    And, of course, to truly complete this scene of awesomeness, she fell down on her feet but somehow managed to trip and took the most pathetic tumble of her entire life.

#51 May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  12. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    The moment Kelly mentioned that she wanted to try someting, Ethan was somewhat eager to see what she was planning. He watched as she prepared another Watergun, but instead of aiming it at another object, she shot it straight down after jumping, gaining a lot of altitude. By the looks of her trajectory, it looked like she was gonna be landing on... a decent sized rock. This won't end well, he thought to himself. But before he could vocalize his concerns, Kelly smashed the rock with her bare hands. It would've looked amazing... if one of the rock shards didn't hit him square in the head, effectively knocking him back to the ground. ow, why do you think keeping me in the face, he thought to himself. Picking himself up, he noticed a small bruise forming in his head, no doubt from all the abuse his head had recieved in the span of a few minutes. Thinking this was the best time to practice, he began on concentrating, trying to utilize his healing pulse. He felt something coming from the back of his mind, letting it out, he felt a strange pulse emanating from his body. Immediately he felt the bruise on his head completely dissapear. Looking back at Kelly, he saw her picking herself up from the ground.

"Yo, I'm not gonna lie, this is actually kind of amazing." He told kelly. "I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think we're ready for taking on our first quest. What do you think?"

#52 May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  13. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Kelly got on all fours just in time to see Ethan healing himself. She had seen a rock shard hitting him out of her eye’s corner. She was about to apologize when his bruise started disappearing and she couldn’t help but stare at it.
    "Yo, I'm not gonna lie, this is actually kind of amazing," he said.
    "You bet it is!" the Dewott exclaimed.
    "I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think we're ready for taking on our first quest. What do you think?"
    "Yeah, I think we can go. We can always try our other moves in the Woods," Kelly answered. "Oh and by the way, sorry for your head."

14. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Nah, it's okay. You didn't hit my face on purpose... at least not the second time." Ethan responded. "Okay, so lets continue to make our way to The Sleepy Woods."

Ethan was about to lead the way, but before he took a step forward, he realized he just forgot the dirrections that the Shroomish gave them. Turning to face Kelly, he let out a guilty laugh.

"Sorry, but I seem to have forgotten the way to the woods." He admited, recieving a somewhat dumbfounded expression from his companion.

After letting Kelly lead the way for about a few minuted, they finally came across what seemed like the entrance of a forest.

"Well, this is it. Our first quest starts here. Lets do this." He told Kelly, before walking into the woods.

15. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    The Woods’ atmosphere alone felt sorta cottony. Kelly was walking carefully. Wandering in potentially dangerous places like that wasn’t really her cup of tea. Fortunately, she wasn’t alone; she probably would’ve been terrorized without Ethan’s comforting presence. A slight fog was twirling around the trees.
    Suddenly, she heard something. Turning towards the origin of the sound, she saw a rather big-looking Breloom stand in front of her. It seemed in a bad mood. Immediately, her brain started thinking: Breloom. Grass/Fight. Resistant to two of her attacking moves – the last one, though...
    Following her intuition, the Dewott took a step, her claws coming out of her paws and starting to glow. As she dashed to her foe, her Furry Cutter successfully hit, but, as she wondered how she managed to pull it off so well, she felt her eyes slowly closing.
    "Heck... I forgot about that damn Effect Spore..." she whispered, her voice going down as she was falling, carried away by her momentum.
    "Sorry..." was her last word before she fell asleep on the floor.

16. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Walking behind Kelly, he was enjoying the sight of the woods. If he didn't know any better, he would've thought that this was your everyday forest. Sadly, with a name like The Sleepy Woods, it's hard to believe this place was normal. While looking around, slight fog began surrounding them. While the fog began enveloping them, they heard a strange sound. Looking towards the direction of the sound, they spotted a Breloom. Before Ethan could think of anything, he saw Kelly dash towards the Breloom, and attacked it with a fury of cuts with her claws.

Ethan thought the Breloom was done for, but before he could congratulate his partner, he saw her loose balance and fall to the floor. To make matters worse, the Breloom was still standing. It looked hurt, but itcould still fight. Either the Breloom used sleep power, or it's Effect Spore kicked in. Either way, he had to keep his distance. Thinking about the possible type advantages, he concluded that he had a decent advantage against his opponent. And since he wanted to keep his distance, he concluded that the best thing to do was use Confusion. While thinking, he didn't notice the Breloom dashing towards him. Without thinking, Ethan quickly used his confusion. It wasn't a strong attack, but his type advantage made it pack just enough punch to knock the Breloom out of commission. Once the foe was out of the way, he made his way towards his partner. Since he didn't have any other means of waking her up, he began shaking her violently.

"C'mon get up. We don't have time for a nap." he called to her.

17. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Kelly’s waking was quite brutal. "I-its okay, I’m-" she tried telling Ethan, before noticing-
    "Watch out!" she exclaimed, grabbing the arms that were shaking her to make them both roll on the side, out of the Breloom’s Mach Punch’s way. The Ralts looked relieved and stared at the Breloom. Seeing Ethan’s eyes glowing and as the Mushroom Pokémon seemed to have an headache, her partner was probably using a Psychic move. Coming back into the heat of the battle, she quickly got up and prepared a Water Gun. She could see the surprise in their enemy’s eyes when the jet hit him, throwing him at a tree. As the Breloom slided down the trunk, the Dewott felt the battle’s tension flowing back. But, as she was going to turn around to celebrate with Ethan, she saw the Breloom literally disappearing into the ground!
    "What the-" Kelly started, still in shock as she approached the place where Breloom was a moment ago. However, it wasn’t the last of their surprises... as the team heard a child’s scream, seemingly coming from the spot!
    The Dewott fell on her knees but, as she tried touching the ground in an attempt to understand what had happened, her hand went right through.
    That’s when it suddenly made sense.
    "Ethan!" she said, turning her head toward the confused-looking Ralts. "I think I got it!"
    "This is game is full of bugs, right? This is a collision one! There’s a hole here, and someone in it!"

#57 Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  18. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    The moment he saw Kelly's whole hand phase through the earth below them, he was both confused and worried. Worrying about what could happen, he ran towards her.

"This game is full of bugs, right? This is a collision one! There's a hole here, and someone's in it!" Kelly told him.

"I wouldn't stick my hand in there if i were you!" He warned her. "You never know what kind of problems these kinds of bugs might cause."

He was about ask her to remove her hand from the collision bug, but before he could, another scream came from the hole. He honestly had no idea what to do in this kind if situation, but he couldn't just stare at the ground and hope it would all get better. Letting out a loud sigh, he stared back at Kelly.

"...you know, I don't like this idea at all, since messing with bugs is never a good thing, but I dont think we have any other choice at the moment. Let's take a look inside, maybe the Pokémon we were looking for is in there, maybe not. But at this point, what else is there to do?"

19. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Ethan got a fair point by saying that Kelly should probably take her hand out of the bug, but before she could, another scream startled them. The Ralts sighed and basically told her that after all, they couldn’t just wait here, which Kelly agreed to.
    The Dewott took a deep breath and despite her mind telling her that it could be a bad idea, she thrust her head into the ground.
    It felt kinda weird but she seemed okay. There wasn’t much light in there, but she could somehow barely see. There was a massive non-moving thing right beneath her – probably the Breloom. And in the corner...
    "aaAAAAANOTHER ONE!" the Horsea screamed. "Please-dont-hurt-me please-dont-hurt-meeee..."
    Kelly’s ears didn’t like that, but she nevertheless tried to answer in the nicer way she could:
    "Hey, calm down! I’m your friend. I won’t hurt you, okay? I’m here to save you. And don’t worry, this Breloom won’t be moving for a moment."
    Fortunately, the child now seemed less scared. He came a bit closer.
    "Really? You won’t attack me?"
    "No, I promise! Try climbing on that Breloom to reach my hand."
    However... it wasn’t enough. Kelly tried thinking of a solution.
    "Wait a second here, okay? I’m gonna ask my friend how we can get you out of here. I promise I won’t go away."
    "O-okay..."
    The Dewott took her head out and turned it towards Ethan.
    "The hole’s too deep..."

20. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Damn, looks like we'll have to do something about it. The faster we do this, the better. You never know when bugs like these may backfire on us." Ethan replied.

Thinking about posible ways to get the Pokémon out of the hole, he caught a glimpse of a small vine hanging from one of the trees. Walking towards it, he realized that the vine itself was too small. But maybe if he found more, he could possibly tie them together and make a sturdy rope. While searching for more, he realized that it probably wasn't going to be as easy as he thought. Most trees around didn't seem to have any vines.

"Uhh, this isn't gonna work. I can't see any vines" He shouted at himself.

That's when it hit him. He couldn't see the vines, but what if he used his psychic abilities to find the vines instead? Putting his plan into action, he closed his eyes and began to concentrate. Scanning his surroundings, he began to search for more vines. To his delight, he actually mannaged to find some. Opening his eyes, he began to run towards a few trees which heald the vines he was searching for. Once he collected enough vines, he brought them to his companion.

"Kelly, help me turn these vines into a sturdy enough rope. We'll be able to use this to get the Pokémon out of there."