1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Glitches/Things that are programmed but shouldn't be?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pokechu, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    By the title, I mean glitches or things that shouldn't happen. One thing I found out is that when you help Wally catch a Pokémon In R/S/E, it is programmed for the Zigzagoon to faint. If it does happen, it asks if you'll send out your next Pokémon. If no, it just asks again, and if you say no again, the battle ends, and the game proceeds as if he caught the Ralts. If yes, it just glitches up and says, "Do It! Bad Egg!"

Odd, right? o.o. I just used the randomizer so the Ralts knew hydro pump, and it used it twice. Never knew the fact that the zigzagoon fainting was programmed xD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,556.5
    One word: Missingno.
    How Missingno came about is a glitch with RBY's programming. To find Missingno, you need to use Surf on the east side of Cinnabar Island. You appear on the edge of the land area, but it seems like you're using Surf. Technically, you're still on land, but the game glitches and makes Pokémon appear where they shouldn't. These Pokémon can be random with random levels, or it can be a variety of Missingno. (I think this info is correct...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stark

Stark

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Missingno is the Pokémon that appears when somehow the game's code aligns in a way that it should make a non-existent Pokémon appear. Hence, Missing Number - Missingno! There are so many glitch videos on youtube about the RBY gen, quite fun to watch! Some of them explain it on a very low level, as well, as they had researched into the hex numbers and similar.

4. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    The only weird thing I've ever had happen, was somehow standing on top on another trainer's head, in White. Nothing fun ever happens, in my games. :c Granted that may be a good thing, haha.

5. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Haha the weirdest thing I had was; getting a glitch to where I can sell something a million times and get money for it. Basically, infinite money by selling a nonexistent item~ This happened when, back in the day, Gold Silver and Crystal were purchasable and Pokémon Stadium 2 was around. What I did was, I had given a Pokémon a "crystal only item" it was some bell (can't remember the name), then I placed it in a PC box in Pokémon Stadium 2. Then what I did was, take that Pokémon and placed it into a Silver or Gold game. When it was in the game, I took the item off and BINGO! I got a glitched item in my "Key Items" spot. I could move it around and the quantity of the item I had would change, I placed it to where it had some funky design on it, then tried selling it. 999999 Poke dollars on the spot when I tried selling 99 of them :'D

And this was all found by accident too xD
    I'd make a video about it, but none of my Gold, Silver, Crystal games save anymore :(

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    My brother had a glitch in the elite four of B/W. His Liepard was hit by a Reuniclus and got down to 1 hp but did the fainting animation. He was still technically alive though. Then he tried to switch or attack but nothing would happen expect the Reuniclus would attack and it would fail. He had to shut off the game, it was a really odd glitch.

7. ThePumkin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    the unforgettable Pokémon emerald, battle frontier glitch, where you could clone a Pokémon . . .
    those long days cloning rayquaza, blastoise, charizard, etc and then trading them at summer camp :,( man I wish I could go back to those days

8. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,556.5
    Another thing I found by sheer accident: You need to get Surf the legit way in HGSS and not with an Action Replay. I used an Action Replay to get all TMs and HMs... When I got the point where I could get Surf, it said I couldn't get it because I already had it. When I go the area I can only access if I have Surf (some guy blocks your path), it says I don't have it.

9. Fluffy_Eevee

Fluffy_Eevee Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    The only glitch I ever got, was in Pokémon White 2. I'm able to surf into trees in Pokewood. But I'm glad that all my games were not full of bugs :3

10. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    Apparently, Marowak was going to evolve into Kangaskan, but that was cut at the last minute. The data for that evolution was just moved to a random place holder that didn't have a number. That place holder was Missingno

11. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    This happened to me a few times in my white 2 game where I was in a double battle in the Battle Subway. When both of my Pokémon are killed at the same time, i couldn't bring out anymore Pokémon, even though I have 2 more in my team. It just kept yelling at me saying "This Pokémon cannot be switched" or something. It was weird. So I had to restart my ds. : / But if i let 2 Pokémon die in a normal double battle, it was fine and dandy. It was so weird xD

12. Blizzarf

Blizzarf PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I caught a Gengar thanks to a glitch in Pokémon yellow in an emulator. It was easier tha I thought xD

13. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    There is a glitch in the rom hack, "Light Platinum" The only one that I could think of, its when you are at the 2nd region and you battle a girl with a Sunkern. When she sends it out, it freezes the game, making you have to hack the game to walk through walls and go around it.

14. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I came back from the Unova Leaders tournament only to find this in the Tournament building's lobby.
    [​IMG]
    Guess which one is a Ditto

15. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    The only glitch I've personally come across was in Pokémon White 2. There were two of them actually...

I don't remember what route it was on, but there's a spot where you can jump onto the land after surfing and just walk through a couple trees. There's another spot, again, I don't keep track, where after you surf you're able to stand on the same tile as some bald old man.

16. Fizzysoda

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Automatic generated message
    This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Inactive thread

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    Lake Valor Staff

17. Fizzysoda

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Automatic generated message
    This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Inactive thread

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    Lake Valor Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.