1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Go sports!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Do you frequently watch sports? What sports do you watch? Which teams? Do you play any yourself?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I'm not really into watching sports, but I usually watch my country's football (soccer) competition because my father and my brother watch it. I myself have been doing jazz dance for more than 10 years now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I don't like sports. Everyone else in the southern part of 'murica seems to be opposessed with American football... And then there's me.

4. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    I do not really enjoy watching or playing sports, or at least conventional ones. I do enjoy Ultimate Frisbee, but my favorite 'sport' is FTC Robotics. Not really a sport, but kind of. It's technically categorized as a "sport for the mind"
    I really dislike American Football, and Hockey, and everything that gets me hurt.
    Yet I'm strangely interested in Parkour...
    I'm such a nerd

5. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Football and Basketball are what I mainly watch.

Houston Texans, Texas Longhorns, Air Force Falcons and Dallas Mavericks are my teams.

6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I do watch sports sometimes, but its mainly running (track and field/cross country) or Olympic events (figure skating, gymnastics, distance running etc.). I stalk Milesplit a lot seeing how runners are doing and NXN and Footlocker nationals are coming up soon so I'll be watching those! I don't know why I like watching running, but I find it to be very entertaining. There is actually a lot of strategy when it comes to running, so I like to analyze racers and see how they run. Its pretty amazing to watch runners from Kenya or Ethiopia dominate the longer distance races and look flawless while doing so. Additionally, the Olympics are always fun to watch and its always exciting seeing the best of the best compete and try to set new records. I'm hoping some of my running idols will make it to Team USA and compete!

7. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Sports is my domain. Mainly baseball, but if there's a big game on, you can expect me to watch it.

8. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I don't frequently watch sports anymore, but I know my family does at home. Especially my dad. I've started to distance myself from following sports in recent years, though I'll occasionally check in on certain (American) football teams, usually professional, and some pro baseball teams.

I myself play soccer on my college's men's club team. I used to play baseball, cross country, and track and field. Since my driveway has a basketball hoop, I love shooting hoops on it in my spare time.

9. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I watch tennis and badminton on occasion together with my father and brother as they are big fans. I support Federer for tennis and Lee Chong Wei (my country's Olympic medalist) for badminton. During the Olympic events, I also watch ice skating, swimming, diving, and gymnastics if I can catch them.

10. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    I've been a (European) football fan since forever and I've been playing it at a local club since I was 8, it's my favorite sport by far. Baseball and athletics are enjoyable too, but I think football has much more variety. Football is a game in which you have to work together to win, unlike some other sports and I honestly think teamwork and bonds between sports players is such a beautiful thing. Because all the players are all on the same pitch and football (kinda) is a contact sport, rivalries and friendships get formed, as well. Not to mention, a lot players on the highest level have a personality on the pitch too, which I think is amazing to see. These players don't think of anything other than winning and they'll do everything to do so. That's why you can see them as who they really are, instead of who they market themselves as, like with some other sports. Emotion is a big part of football, for me. There's so much I love about football, I can't really write it all out. I'm just super passionate about it.

Except for some reason our stupid country wasn't able to qualify for EURO 2016, next Summer's gonna be painful ;^;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.