1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gold, Silver, and Crystal experiences

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by East, Dec 26, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    For those of us that have gotten our hands on one of these games and been able to play them before, what experiences are memorable?

I remember that I was able to buy both Gold and Silver versions for $20 in a bundle years ago, before Platinum was released. I was so enthralled with Silver version that I barely played Gold, but I loved those games until they mysteriously vanished from my physical belongings :(

The most memorable moment I had while playing Silver was actually encountering a shiny Pokémon for the first time. It was so cool to me that I found a shiny Pokémon in the games that started that trend, I was beside myself! ...until I realized I had no PokeBalls left in my bag. These games were so much fun, but they seemed to hate me :P

How about you guys~?

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    Encountering Lugia and my first Shiny (actually a Ponyta--it has since been sent to the Void of Deletion)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I had Silver back when it came out. I vividly remember Croconaw evolving into Feraligatr, trying to see the screen by the dim yellow glow of the porchlight. I also remember that very Feraligatr reaching level 100, one of few of my Pokémon ever to do so (In fact, I think even my Sapphire Blaziken is probably like 96 right now).

I never encountered a Shiny in Silver (other than Red Gyarados, of course), but I think that would have made the playthrough that much more special.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    When I found a shiny Graveler and then it killed itself with Self-destruct. I wasn't too upset cause you can't transfer but still. (This was post gen 3)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.