1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 5 Good special attackers?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by RadEmpoleon, Oct 9, 2018.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Who’s a good special attacker in Unova? I want one for my competitive team

I was thinking about Hydreigon but I already have a dragon type on my team and I don’t think that would work well

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  2. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    Hydreigon is usually good, but it requires the team to take adventage of its weaknesses, thing that isn't easy with Unova Pokémon. Volcarona may be the perfect pick to be the special sweeper if you aren't using Darmanitan or Chandelure already.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I would definitely want to use Volcarona but unfortunately I transferred it to Y... I might just go with Chandelure then.

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I agree with Chandelure, that's a good Pokémon. Another great Pokémon to consider is Zoroark, which is an incredibly useful lead as well. I'm currently using Reuniclus in Pokémon White, and it's pretty great. Hope that helps!

5. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    Reuniclus is pretty unique. It can be good with or without trick room and has a decent movepool. My only concern about it is that its typing is straigh bad in gen5, so it won't fip the special sweeper slot that well.

As of Volcarona... Did you transfer both obtainable ones to Y?

6. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I would go with Sigilyph. I have really good competetive experiences with it..

Wizard likes this.
  7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I personally really like Chandelure and have it a lot as my special sweeper

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I usually end up with Chandelure too, or Sigilyph just because I grew fond of that weird looking mon even if is not as good.