1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gotta Catch 'Em ALL!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by phineas81707, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    With the inclusion of the DexNav, a handy tool to figure out if you have obtained every Pokémon in your current area, I have to ask:

Who is playing the game to try and fill up the National 'Dex, and why?

For me, I started doing 'Dex runs with Pokémon Unova, games I had doubts I could play after an unfortunate accident. Thanks to the habits of my housemates, I wound up playing a copy that had a similar system to the Gen VI Exp Share, except even more broken. Realising that I could have armies for a team, I started raising every Pokémon I could get my hands on, exploding my Pokédex. This has only gotten easier to do with time as I've developed better strategies (my original tactic was to raise all Pokémon, my current tactic is to raise only those Pokémon that I like, and give only enough experience to fully evolve the ones I don't.)

2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I have filled up the National Dex! It took me a lot of time to do but thanks to my friends it really helped. Honestly the DexNav played a small part in filling it but it was still useful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I am definitely going to complete my Dex, but not after I finish playing through the game entirely once. After that, I'll use my AS file for completion and stuff like that, while I can do challenge runs etc. on OR.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Obtaining every Pokémon for the 'dex was one of my very first thoughts upon defeating the Elite Four/Champion and completing the Delta Episode; it always feels very satisfying to see the little Pokéball icon show for every wild Pokémon you face, especially for a completionist like myself. I ended up moving all of my Pokémon over from X and with that had around 560, then got others I was missing via breeding, evolving, GTS, and with the help of some wonderful friends.

Feels nice knowing I can relax. <3

5. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Well, I have my dex completed on X, so I figured, let's try the same in ORAS xD So yeah, I'll definitely complete it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.