1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Portfolio Graphic Showcase - [Photoshop]

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Vigilance, Jan 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    As most of you already know, I dabble conservatively in the fine art known as Graphic Design. I enjoy making signatures and have recently began using Photoshop CS6 to do so. Below are some of my pieces.

I appreciate CnC from everyone and anyone. I hope you enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    awney likes this.
  2. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    So yeah, you've already shown me the first 2 pieces and I gave you my thoughts on them so I'll just focus on the last piece. Honestly it seems a little bit busy to me, and it's kind of difficult to discern the focal from the background, it all kind of just blends together (which isn't inherently bad, I just don't think it really works for this particular piece). I would also personally liked to have seen the pinkish/redish colour from her eyes and the machine behind her to highlight certain areas around her to add some points of interest.

I'd say the best way of explaining what I mean is if I blur the living crap out of it:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, for the most part there isn't a very noticeable difference between the focal and the background (besides those green machine parts being smaller and the pale skin tone) and that pinkish colour is gone.

Contrast that with the spiderman tag (same amout of blur):
    [​IMG]
    The render still pops out at you, particularly because of the blue legs on the mostly red background, but also because of your work on the lighting.

So yeah, tl;dr I would focus on the lighting and possibly adding some more effects and attempting to encorporate more of that pinkish colour.

By the way, I didn't mention this but it's really impressive that your first few pieces transitioning from GIMP to PS are this good. It's a good sign :D You know where to find me if you ever want to discuss anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Yeah I definitely see what you mean. I was kinda get this feeling that there was almost no depth beyond the first layer (the entire render since it had all the little green pieces as well). I did have issues with the lighting, mainly the whole piece being in the same pale light and the only really dark parts being the border which don't really count. I'll definitely drop by to get an in depth explanation of how I could have fixed the lighting on this piece. What came to mind was maybe manually darkening some layers with the burn tool to create that perception but I'm not 100% sure that will do it.

Thanks for the kind words btw, while I enjoyed working with GIMP, just the sheer amount of extras PS offers is breathtaking.

4. Mountain

Mountain School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.5
    Your spider man One looks really fresh, Simple but still amazing.

Love smudge

5. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Pretty sure that's entirely Liquify and not smudge. They can make similar effects though.

6. Mountain

Mountain School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.5
    Lol really haha

7. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Yup, Reborn is correct, it is Liquify. And thank you for the kind words :D

8. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Made this piece when I had a little bit of downtime last week. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things signature making wise soon! (Tomorrow when I turn in some crucial college stuff!)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I've been meaning to tell you that I like your new sig! And not just because it's a Luxray haha. The colours go together really nicely ^_^

10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Spiderman is my fav superhero and you made him look so powerful and nice here! Well done!

11. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
  12. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    Holy smokes... Now I know i need to get my hands on some photoshop software.
    This looks incredible, awesome work.

I can't wait to see more!