1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Graphical Evolution

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, May 30, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    How do you guys feel about the graphics coming from Pokémon on 3DS to Pokémon on Switch?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I really like them! Although they do look kind of childish to me. But hey, i'm childish so i don't really mind XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    They're super bright and colourful! I'm excited to use it as inspiration for drawing backgrounds!

4. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I really like the graphic, and I've always enjoyed the chibi style.
    It looks very colourful, and I love me some colours.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I personally dislike the new graphics. They are too chibi and bright for my tastes. Not to mention the models also look really low quality, by Switch standards anyway.
    I guess I was expecting something a bit more, I don't know, detailed?

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It looks improved to me. I do wonder how they are going to improve the graphics for the RPG that is planned for mid-2019 though.

7. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    It looks okay to me (maybe I'm just a fan of chibi graphics) but I'm personally withholding judgment of Game Freak's capabilities until 2019. That will really determine whether or not Game Freak really put a lot of effort into the graphics side of things on the Switch.

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It kinda looks like an ORAS/XY themed style again. I probably won't get the games, but I will admit that the graphics look pretty decent.

9. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I think I speak for most people when I say "The graphics are flippin' gorgeous!" :D

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think it looks great! I don't really get the complaint that they look too chibi or childish since... Pokémon kind of always have? That's just the look to the game in the first place and I felt like some of that was lost with the first 3D models for gen 6. Compared to the 3DS games, these new models are great.

I'm guessing the Pikachu and Eevee games are going to be sort of like tech demo games for gen 8 or something like that. So similar graphics, maybe slightly improved, for any other Pokémon games that come out on the switch.

11. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    They look great! I hope they have a more natural walk/run animation now haha.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Yeah, that was kinda awkward in the previous games. Would be great if they fixed that.

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    They look good, looks like they're really taking advantage of the games being on a more powerful console.

14. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'd like to compare this game and the new future 2019 game to the Hoenn remakes an gen 7 Aloha. In both versions they make a beautiful remake with many new and exciting features, but in both the Hoenn remake and what we can see for the trailers here, both are limited by their original source material. I like the graphics in both games but its apparently clear that they are trying to make more realistic characters and controls, while using the old blocky environments and structures. If you compare just the route layouts between Hoenn and Aloha, there's no question to the fact that Aloha has the more realistic route type. We can easily expect to see far better in the near future as the 2019 game comes out. I like the new graphics they're cute and fun, but I feel like they falter for the same reason the Hoenn remakes faltered, rebuilding an old world rather than making a new one. I would like to see a remake of the original games done with the same style as Aloha, free ranged realistic routes, and perhaps a rework of the map.

15. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Aside from Venusaur's walk cycle, everything so far looks beautiful! I love it ^^