1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Great films you never want to watch again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nduns, Dec 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    You ever see a film that you really liked but after seeing it, you never wanted to watch it again for whatever reason? Here are a few for me:

Black Swan- I'm glad I saw this film. I thought it was a masterpiece. It's beautiful, the visuals are fantastic, I love this concept. However, the reason I never want to watch it again is because I feel like a second viewing would actually ruin it for me. Like, if I watched it a second time, I probably wouldn't like it that much. As such, I prefer to keep my first viewing as the only one.

Shutter Island- Now, my reason for not wanting to see this again is the same reason why Bionicslime didn't care for the film, though unlike him, I still really liked it. It was suspenseful, it was well directed, it was well acted and well written. However, for those who don't know Bionicslime's views on this film, I'll state the very reason I don't wanna watch it again: the ending. All of this great stuff, all this mystery and intrigue... and it all leads to nothing. It's a brilliant twist, one that I did not see coming, but it left the film feeling a tad hollow. I don't hate this ending nor do I view the film as average because of it, but I'll never watch this movie again for that reason.

Grave of the Fireflies- I'm sure this surprises no one when I say I love Studio Ghibli. I love the works of Hayao Miyazaki. I also love dark films. I have nothing against depressing films. There are plenty of movies out there with downer endings that I'll still likely watch again sometime in the future. But honestly, this movie's just too depressing. It's very well done, it's well written, it's well directed, it's beautifully animated as I expect from a Ghibli film, but I don't think I've ever seen a film that brought this many tears to my eyes. And don't get me wrong. This is a very important film. I recommend seeing this once, but only if you're in the mood for a sad movie. But despite all of this and despite the fact that I adore when an animated film takes this kind of approach, I will never watch this movie again. I loved it, I thought it was great, but it's just too depressing for a second watch, even for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    The Lord of the Rings movies. Amazing and true to the books (mostly), but way too long for me to want to watch again. Then again, I usually just don't like re-watching movies in general because I already know what is going to happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    So... I don’t know if you could call it great, but... I cried when I watched Dōbutsu no Mori. I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but I did. This is why I don’t want to watch it ever again; I don’t wanna risk not having the same feelings as the first time and/or finding it boring or something.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Requiem for a Dream for me. Excellent movie, but one viewing was enough for me. I'm not usually disturbed by movies, but this one, damn... The last 20 minutes or so were pretty rough.

5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Oooh I've heard about that.

For me:
    Inception and Beautiful Minds. Both were super trippy.

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Gravity. That movie gave me so much anxiety.

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I usually just wait a while before rewatching a movie. I don't think there's one that I liked that I wouldn't watch again. Mostly because I like having stuff on to listen to as background noise, which is better if it's something I've already seen.

8. RosieVulpes

Sweetheart
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    Bridge to Terabithia. I really can't handle the emotions I get from this film.

9. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Get Out.
    It was an absolutely beautiful and eye-opening horror film. However, I can't ever go back to watching it because of the crazy.

10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I suppose the Toy Story trilogy would be this for me, because my little brother has watched them in my presence so many times over the years now that I practically know the script for all three word for word.

I don't really want to ever see any of Schwarzenegger's movies again either. I enjoyed Kindergarten Cop, Twins, Junior, and Jingle All The Way the first time I saw them well enough, but I've only ever watched them all the way through once and I intend to keep it that way...even if they keep putting them on every Christmas on some channel or other. Same goes for the Terminator films. There is nothing inherently wrong with any of them, but they're definitely watch once experiences for me.

The Parent Trap (the 1998 remake, not the 1961 original) is another one they put on all the time that I enjoyed once but don't really appreciate having shoved in my face every few months.

There are A LOT of movies older than I am (or close to it) that fit under this description as well. The original versions of The Day After Tomorrow, The Day The Earth Stood Still, War of the Worlds, Clash of the Titans, Moby Dick, pretty much any John Wayne movie worth watching, Dances with Wolves, etc. I've seen a lot of movies where I've just thought that, much as I enjoyed it, I wouldn't have the patience to sit through it all again.