1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Greatest Feats In Fiction

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Riobhain, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riobhain

Riobhain PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽31.3
    Just as the title suggests, what are some of the greatest feats you've seen in fiction? It can be in anime, manga, American television and comics, anywhere. Post them down below, I'm intrigued to see them.

The Flash once outran Death by running for so long that the universe crumbled around him, meaning that nothing was technically alive so Death could no longer exist. He probably would have have to have ran for like 50 billion years at near-light speeds for that to work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Um, how about Superboy-Prime punching the fabric of reality so hard he managed to retcon the entire DC Universe, including bringing a dead man back to life and causing multiple characters to develop multiple origin stories???

Then there's Percy Jackson defeating an entire camp of undead Roman soldiers all on his own.

And how about the time when the Young Justice team took down their mind-controlled Mentors?

And everything Lelouch vi Britannia ever did.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    By some strange miracle, The Lord of the Rings managed to be over 1200 pages long, yet also became a humongous success through the world of theatre. I did not think it was possible for a series of that length to be that engaging, though it seems like other series out there are attempting to latch onto that trilogy formula for success also - some do so fairly well (The Hunger Games), while some do not (The Hobbit).

Another great feat I've seen in fiction? Every Russian novel ever. I don't even want to pick one up because I know my mind will not be able to handle all of the strings and stories all at once.

4. Kaze

Kaze Hiker

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    The (English) I.T. Crowd.
    It may just be my love of satire but the I.T. Crowd really feels well written and there was not one episode that didn't leave me with a sore gut from laughing. As far as comedies go, it is way up there.

5. DocTachyon

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Basically anything a Spartan does in the Halo series, books and games. Using an ATV as a sledgehammer. Fighting against a massive alien army for a week straight, and then blowing up a huge death hula-hoop. Continuing to fight after having a lung collapse. Breaking an Elites spine in half with one punch. Pimp slapping a missile out of the way. Sprinting at speeds of over 60 MPH. Beating the shit out of four highly trained soldiers as an unaugmented twelve year old. Blowing up two nukes manually, 'cause why the hell not? If a Spartan does it, its kickass.

6. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    Donkey Kong Country Returns:
    Donkey Kong punching the moon so hard in the ending that it falls out of orbit, decimates the Tikis' Tower (and strangely only their tower, while miraculously bending physics and not smashing the rest of the island underneath) and frees his banana hoard - conveniently bouncing the moon back into orbit in the process - and is greeted back to the Tiki control-free jungle afterwards while it rains bananas.
    Really, any of the Kong family's quests to rescue their banana hoard when it's stolen; considering they're all a family of wild apes, the feature-length amount of trouble they're willing to go through just to get their fruit back is impressive.

Also, Kirby and Prince Fluff literally sewing the world back together with magical yarn in Kirby's Epic Yarn, no?

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Can we just talk about how kid Goku basically annihilated an entire army and yet still manages to forget them later on in life because he essentially also has defeated an Alien Tyrant as well as a GOD.

8. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    The simple fact that in Tengen Toppa, Gurren Lagan Tengen Toppa, Gurren Lagan didnt annihilate everything!
    Its a mech as big as the god damn universe! Not only it impressive, that is didnt hit earth while the final battle, but that that much steel would cause a black hole!

Pretty insane i say.

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    @[member="LostSpirit"]
    I think I may have an explanation for that.
    It's the same reason as to why Piccolo and Goku are friends - Nobody remembers Dragon Ball.
    If they did, Gero's wanting revenge on Goku would actually make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.