1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Guardian Rangers (Link x Might)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by LassusVulpes, Feb 29, 2020.

1. 1mightydragon

1mightydragon PKMN Breeder

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    -Elric-

"Well, it's been a long day I will go to bed, good night Gabriel, good night Hera," Elric said as he started to look for his room. Once he found it he opened it up to see that it was a nice room compared to the bunks that he was used to sleeping in. "Well, holy shit, I got my own room," Elric said after looking around seeing a nice desk and the bed neatly made with a painting of a log cabin in the snow on the wall above the desk. Next to the desk was a bookshelf that was empty except for a few blank notebooks. "Well I need to get my Art of War book up here," Elric said in a whisper looking at the bookshelf. Elric gathered himself after noticing that he was not standing up straight and his eyes were getting heavy then he fell on the bed and went to sleep as he laid.

-Taz-

This is a dream sequence about the day where Taz's dad disappeared in the lab accident.
    "Dad, Dad, DAAAD," Taz screamed for his father as he was running up a hill to a laboratory where his father worked but it was now engulfed in flames. Taz could not get close to the lab because the flames were so intense but he was determined then suddenly the flames started to form a figure of a dragon. The flame dragon roared at Taz and came down from the roof of the lab.
    End of dream.
    Taz screamed as he woke up from the dream in a cold sweat, breathing heavily, and was just terrified. Taz gathered himself and noticed it was 4:24 am. "Great, ugh, woke up during the unholy hours of the morning," Taz said. Then he heard a knocking at the door.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    (that is an oddly specific time.)

~Hera

She woke up in her old room, the walls tathered with a red liquid, cobwebs drifting in the wind. Hera looked around and slowly moved out of the bed. She ran her hand along the cold sandstone walls. "HERA!" A voice calls out. Hera Jolts and looks at the door, nothing there besides the portrait of her family hanging from the wall. She sighed and dragged her hand off the wall and clutched it. She felt something inside of it and opened it slowly, her body shooked , her hand was covered in blood.

Hera looked up from her hand a panicked expression on her face, her eyes widened to see her mother standing at the door frame, her body propped up by a large wooden pole impaled through her from the head down , as if she was just a top for death to spin . Hera closed her eyes and clutched her head.

She opened her eyes to a new scene, a black void with a purple flame in the middle. "You must be Hera. " The purple flame calls out. Heras body was shaking but she nodded. "Nice to meet you Hera. . . I am someone . . . well . . .something you'll have to deal with for as long as you live. However we do not have much time to talk, as your brain is screaming at us to wake up. So I shall talk to you after you awaken the power, of a crystal." The flame sputters out and pink embers fill the empty void

Hera wakes up and looks at the lone clock perched against the wall. "4:52 AM . . ." She mutters . Hera wrapped herself in a blanket, sitting up on her bed crossing her arms over her knees. "What were those dreams about . . ?" She wondered

~Maxwell

Arriving at the HQ around 12:00 , he was followed by the soldier. "So Sylas was it?" Maxwell turned his head back to ask the question. The soldier nods . "So . . Sylas. You have a very interesting case. As a terma crystal was imbedded into your body by shrapnel. And you chose to keep it. So we'll give you your wish, on one condition. You must join our forces, as if you do not we will have to remove it in order to protect our citizens ." Maxwell sat in his chair and Lance walks in.

"Another new person?" Lance mutters glaring at Sylas. He walks past them and walks into a room that wasn't entered before now. He was gone for a few seconds and returns with a glass of a light tan liquid . "You really gotta chill on those shots Lance." Maxwell kicks back in his seat. "Anywho, do we have a deal?" Maxwell extends his hand out to Sylas.

Sylas paused for a moment, and grabbed Maxwells wrist and pulls himself in. "If this is a trick, I will make sure I kill you." Sylas mutters in Maxwells ear. "No tricks here , tricks are for kids." Maxwell jokes. Sylas backs off and shakes Maxwells hand "See you in the morning then." Maxwell grins

~ ? ? ?~

"Failure. . ." A cold Raspy voice calls out. The sound of a match striking fills the room of its silence, a small woosh flows by as flame breaks out. A metallic face reflects the light, the match lowers and a candle is lit. Flicking its wrist the match burns out and the stick is dropped to the ground and stomped on like a cigarette .

"The deer has fallen. And their pet has gone missing ." The cold voice says while picking up the candle and moving over to a table. Two other metallic masked figures sat at the table. "Tch, I mean it wasn't much hope either way . . " A calm but cold voice spoke.

"So , How long until the Dragon is complete?" asked another low voice, but sounded more energetic then the others. "The Dragon is nowhere near complete, nor is my blade. The two dragons of this organization are yet to be completed . However . . .we'll be ready soon . . "

60 days till the Blade of the Dragon is forged
    152 days till the Dragon Is Completed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 1mightydragon

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    -Taz-

"Come in," Taz said as he realized he was still fully dressed from the previous day. Elric opened the door and walked in and asked: "are you OK?"
    "I am fine just a bad dream," Taz said sheepishly.
    "*Sigh* Was it about the night at the lab?" Elric asked.
    "Yep, how can you tell?" Taz asked already knowing the answer.
    "You talk in your sleep and I could hear you screaming out for your dad," Elric said, in a disapproving tone, "I would understand better if you were 6 or 7 years old when the lab was destroyed but not when you were 21."
    " *Sigh* I was home from school the day it happened AND my parents lived extremely close to the lab. So when it was destroyed I was practically there when it happened. *yawns* The best I could make of it is that my subconscious is trying to process what happened and the day's action triggered the memory."
    "Whatever the explanation is: if we are going to stick to our personal modified schedule we will need to be up in a few hours, see you later in the morning," Elric said in a matter of fact tone.
    "Alright, good night," Taz said without realizing it as he was getting dressed for bed.

Taz and Elric went back to bed to get ready for the morning.

4. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    ~ ? ? ?~

"So . . You're telling me . . . Flamma failed?" A long and cold voice remarks. "Why am I not surprised." The sound of metal scraping on the floor rings out as a large beast made of flesh and steal walks out of the darkness. "Oh, you were eavesdropping." said one of the masked . " I have all ears after all." The flesh beast mocks. "Well , it's true. Flamma failed. And her pet has vanished from out sights." The other masked replied.

The flesh beast raises its hand and long metal spikes break out striking the ground. "Damn. At least the pet had some use . . So , who will be the next to try and stall them, so they don't find the Dragon? My body has yet to reach its full power. I need more power then what I have. . . " The metallic flesh slowly moved over to a black trash bag, tore it open at the seam and grabbed a corpse from inside. It rose the limp body in the air by a tip of its finger . Its face broke apart into twelve segments and swallowed the body whole. Blood splashes to the floor and bones are spat out. "I'll go . . .sir." The energetic one calls out.

"The Cat wishes to go after them? Very well, we're setting up a swarm of Scuttlers out there. They'll be distracted cleaning those up, your goal will be to take out one of their communications towers. If we can cut their communication for even five minutes, we can sneak an army of Termas into their nation without them being able to call for help." The cat nods and walks out. Moonlight illuminate's the room, showing the figures .

A dragon, a Fox, and a human mixed with a bird. The room was splattered with blood , blood was dripping from the birds mouth from its recent meal. "Good luck, and don't be like the deer . . . " The bird calls.

~Hera~

Unable to fall back asleep, she looked around her room and admired the books. "A lot of knowledge . . .but such little pictures. " She muttered admiring the now opened books. She rested her head on the wall, and watches as the clock on her desk slowly moves forward in time , until it's finally 8 : 00 AM. She blinks back into reality and stands up, looking at the scattered books and shrugs it off. She opens her door and hears no movement. "Looks like I'm first up." She mutters

5. 1mightydragon

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    Taz

Right at 7:00 am as Taz and Elric scheduled they began their day with some warm-ups and stretches before meeting each other at the Gym.
    "At least this time you did not show up late as usual," Elric said sarcastically.
    "Sir, you are not acting like an officer, maybe we need to take you back to the Officer Training Academy," Taz said with the same sarcasm he received. "So, how are we going to do this?" Taz said letting the higher ranking officer dictate the course of the training.
    "Remember that when I think Maxwell said that your combat skills need to be refined out of the Mech," Elric said.
    "Yeah," Taz took a moment to think about his new weapons that he had not had a chance to use yet. "I would probably get myself killed if I went out there with just these gauntlets, as it stands now."
    "Well, now is as good as any to start practicing with them," Elric said with excitement.

Taz and Elric spend the next 2 hours practicing their sparring and using their weapons in the obstacle course.

6. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★

Hera stood at the door frame , looked down the halls. She cracked her neck and walked down the halls. She went into the meeting room, to only see the chairs shuffled around. She sighed and warped out to the main entrance of T.E.A.L . Walking around the streets, she saw Lush trees barely lit up by the sunrise. The town seemed like a ghost town, with only small lights from the townsfolks cars.

She paused in front of a tall building, looking at the sign, a coffee cup dangling by a thread . "8:00 AM - 20:00 PM Everyday" She reached into her pocket and took out a slim tablet, opened an app on said tablet and checked her balance. "630k huh?" She opens the door, and enters. She is met by a barista, wearing a normal work uniform, her blond and red hair tied back in a messy bun.

"Uh, Hi. Is this some sort of café?" Hera asked the Barista. "Oh, you must be new here. Yes! This is a local Café, what can I get for ya?" She rested her platter in her arms and smiled at Hera. "Anything with caffeine, I'm not much of a morning person" Hera joked. The Barista chuckled. "Alright, then I'll give you the first drink, on me. See how you like it. Go ahead and take a seat." The barista points to a nearby chair and table. Hera walks up the small flight of stairs from the door and looks around. Long shelves were filled with books that some looked to be ancient. The wooden floor creaked as Hera walked across to the chair. She sat under a dimly lit lamp, looking out the window.

"This is a pretty calm place." Hera thought to herself. It wasn't long before a small coffee mug was placed on her table. She looked up to see the same barista again. "Oh , thank you." Hera grabbed the mug, and took a sip. To her surprise, it was sweet . "Wow, this is . . . different then what I expected. I expected really bitter . This is . . . really good, thank you!" The barista smiles and nods. "You'll not need to remember the name, just tell me "The usual." and I'll know." The barista walks off, and Hera quickly finishes her drink.

She places the mug at the middle of the Table and stands. "Oh, already done?" The barista walks over and picks up the mug. "Yeah, I got some stuff to do today. Thank you for the coffee!" The Barista smiles and bows as Hera leaves. "That was pleasant." Hera muttered . She rose her arm and realized that it had already been two hours. "HOW?" She yelled, and started to run back to the HQ. "Oh , Hey Hera." she heard a familiar voice call out. She turned to see Maxwell .

"Normal wake up times in an hour, but we're both up early. And I guess a few others." He started to walk forward "Don't stop, let's keep walking." Maxwell called . Hera nods and continues to walk "So, we're going to be doing some crystal work today. Meaning, you'll have to kind of expect what's coming up. We're going to bring you to a dark room , and all of you will be given a Terma shard, you'll clutch it at full force, and feel the strength of one. You might wonder how it works, and frankly we don't know. But it will sting, so prepare for that. "

"So, how will we know what our power is?" Hera asked. "EXPERIMENTATION!" Maxwell rose his hand to the air. Hera chuckled. "So when are we doin this?" Hera cracked her fingers "12:00 PM"

7. 1mightydragon

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    -Taz and Elric-

Taz and Elric take a moment in their sparing to wrap up at 9:00 am. Taz and Elric both stop to get water and take a breath. Elric noticed something in the corner of his eye which was covered in a tarp.
    "Hey what the heck is that?" Elric blurted out without thinking and pointing to it.
    Taz looks at it and gets up from his seat to go look at it. Once he got close enough his curiosity got the better of him and he went from a slow walk to a faster walk. He removed the tarp to see that it was a simulator complete with motion capture software and harness to give the impression that the user was completely immersed in the simulation.

Taz was almost on autopilot seeing it then he started the startup procedures.

"Hey man, do you know how to start that thing up?" Elric said sensing that Taz might be a bit too excited.
    "I used a simulator similar to this one in training, and one day the sergeant that was in charge was late so I decided to start the thing up myself and run it myself. Needless to say, the sergeant was not impressed and had us all do 30 pushups and then I ended up having to do 1 pushup for every cadet that used it and lost to the simulation that I set up."
    "How many actually lost?" Elric asked out of curiosity.
    "All 40 of them."
    "What was the scenario?"
    "It was a no-win scenario, the goal was to get as many men as you could get out of your position while you are in command. The overall situation was that your position was being flanked by a superior force if you stayed you died, if you ran without leaving men behind you died and failed the scenario, but if you stayed and gave your men covering fire while 2 or 3 men set traps in the entrenched position that you were in you would have died but you would have saved most of your men while giving the enemy a bloody nose."

"Ah, I know why the sergeant gave you all pushups you set a scenario that was too hard for cadets, a scenario like that would be good for officers but not a cadet not even out of training. But for right now if we are going to use this thing before the meeting at 12:00 pm let's just go through the preset Terma attack scenarios if we can find any." Elric said while smiling and a bit eager to find out what kind of hell he can put Taz through.

"Well, it took you two long enough to find this." Vulcan appeared on the simulator monitor. The sound of Vulcan took both of them off guard.
    "Hey Vulcan, how are you doing buddy?" Taz asked excitedly.

8. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "So, is there any dangers around this?" Hera asked Maxwell calmly. "Depends. Some powers bring a risk, and will harm the person. But we will make it so that you're in your ID Card, in case something bad happens that would kill you that can happen , you're still alive. But if any limbs are lost, that is irreversible. As that's the crystal's power taking over." He extends his fingers cracking each of his fingers.

Hera stops in her tracks, and looks up at the tower . "And we're doing it up there?" Hera asked once more. "Correct. We have a dark room , with plenty of narcotics to knock out anyone. Plenty of water, food as well." Maxwell also stopped in his step and turned back at Hera . "We got an hour, wanna do some accuracy training?" Maxwell shoved his hands in his pocket. "You're on" Hera remarked and looked around. "But aren't weapons prohibited in the city?" She questioned. "We're not going to be in the city." Maxwell took his hands out of his pockets and flipped a coin in the air.

The coin lands and rolls in circles around on the ground. . . with a tink, the coin falls. A large ring of blue fire breaks out from the coin and engulfs both Hera and Maxwell. "Hera. I Maxwell, challenge you to a duel." He extended his arm into a handshake . Hera grabs his arm and shakes.

Duel Commence.

They were both transported magically to a large city , much different than where they once were. Hera took a stance and looked around. Both her and Maxwell had no weapons on them, and were in basic training gear. "Are we just gonna have to punch one another?!" Hera called out. "Nope!" Maxwell calls back "You gotta find your weapons. Good luck." Maxwell jumps into a third story window and runs off. Hera tries to do the same and doesn't even come close. "Ugh, show off." she muttered and ran into a home

9. 1mightydragon

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8

-Taz-

"I am doing fine sir, but your mech is still with the mechanics and they will have it ready for you by tomorrow morning."
    "Well, dang it," Taz said rolling his eyes *sighs* "did they at least make the improvements as requested?"
    "Yes, sir they made the necessary changes and even managed to take a Terma Crystal and used it in the reactor core for the Energy Rifle. You should now have unlimited ammo for the rifle now sir but you will now have to manage the heat generated from using the rifle," Vulcan responded.
    "Ah, I can manage that," Taz said in a confident manner giving Vulcan a smile and a thumbs up.
    Elric looked at the simulator and then slowly back at Taz and said with a smile "Want to make a bet?"
    "What is the bet?" Taz said in a confused look.
    "We test it in the simulator, you win the scenario Vulcan picks out I will buy lunch for you and the platoon, you get to pick the place, and you will have bragging rights for winning the scenario," Elric said.
    "Ok, what if I lose?"
    "You will buy lunch for the platoon at the place I choose and I get to laugh at the fact that you opened your mouth before even tested it yet, deal?" Elric said extending his hand in a handshake still smiling.
    "Deal," Taz said smiling already thinking about the expensive sushi place he knows of in town.
    "Well, gentlemen I have already picked out the scenario unfortunately there were only a few mech scenarios that will be appropriate for the bet. Taz if you please strap yourself in the simulator."
    Taz straps himself as Vulcan starts to give the scenario briefing, "Sir, you are trying to defend a set of transports against level 5 and 6 terma numbers are unknown, your goal is to get as many people out as possible along with your platoon, the record is getting 88 people out of 100 and with all 30 men of the platoon and the average is getting 50 out of 100 out with 20 men in the platoon alive of which only 5 left combat-capable. Since you are a mech user I am uploading your mechs data into the simulator so that it will be as real as possible for you, and frankly gives you the best chance to complete the scenario let alone beating the average."
    "Who has the record?" Taz asked.
    "Lance does with each of the top TEAL members close behind him," Vulcan replied while making the last checks and Taz puts on the headset as the last thing for him to do.
    "Ready sir?" Vulcan said.
    "Ready," Taz replied.
    "Good luck, Taz," Elric said already thinking about the expensive ramen shop he knows of in town.

10. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    (Sorry for Delay, been working on school stuff)

Running into the small home, she looked franticly around. All she found that had any use, was a med kit, syringes filled with a green liquid, a kitchen knife, and a small pistol that only had two rounds. "Not the best . . The med kit and the pistol are the most useful things here." As she was muttering a bolt action shot was heard, shattering the window. Missing her head by mere inches. Hera ducked under the cabinets and dashed out of the building. As she was running, a hissing sound rang out. It wasn't long before a putrid stench hit her nose. Covering her nose with her arm she continued to run, before another bolt action shot was heard, followed by a loud explosion. She turns quickly to see a rush of fire and then a loud crash.

The fire quickly spread across the house, as the massive gust of wind knocked Hera off her feet and was flung backwards into an alley way, landing into a pile of trash. Stumbling to get up, a rusted pipe caught her eye. Picking it up she sharpens it into a makeshift spear. Placing it on a belt ring on her waist, she picks herself up and runs in the direction of the smoke. Covering her eyes with the gauze followed by lines of tape leaving a slim gap for vision from the med kit, to make it so that the smoke didn't get to far in. As she runs through the smoke, another loud explosion is heard and another building explodes, as if the force of the fire broke a valve off another gas tank making it explode.

As she ran, more explosions rung out causing debris and fire to spread quickly across, cutting off directions she could run entering a police station she knew one option she could use to her advantage, the smoke was covering the windows, thick layers of soot already clouding the windows.

Maxwell sat on a tall tower at the middle of the town with a bolt action sniper rifle, and a slim butterfly knife on his right, blade out. "This scope has no use to me anymore." He lowers the rifle and relies on hip firing the sniper to hit a shot, as the scope wouldn't be able to see through the thick smoke. "Chances are, she ran away from the smoke. . . She has only one area of use to her, and that's the gun shop. . . " With a click the sniper reloads, and Maxwell shoots at the Gun Shops area. "If she can't get in by me pressuring it, she won't have a chance. I've already won this fight Hera."

As the sniper reloads, a ticking sound was heard creasing through the room. Maxwell broke his focus from the smoke to look around the room. As he was looking around , Hera jumps through the window throwing a tear gas grenade right at Maxwell . A large poof of a gray gas quickly spreads across the room and Maxwell guards his eyes. Stumbling through her limited vision with the gauze she loads a slim pistol and starts shooting at Maxwell's general area. Flickers of light illuminate through the gas, and Maxwell shoves the gas out of the way. "Impressive . . You got some talent, that's for damned sure." He chuckled. "But not good enough." He kicks off the ground quickly getting in Melee of range of Hera, kicking her right in her blind spot and knocking her back up with the rifle. Knocking himself back grabbing the butterfly knife.

Twirling the knife in his hands he throws it right at Hera , striking her left shoulder. Hera gets up quickly and unravels the Gauze and tape as the tear gas had worn off. Hera grabs the butterfly knife, as she does her blood follows in a silk line of red gas, but her arm tingled. She charges at Maxwell with her right arm back clearly telegraphing a punch. Maxwell kicks for that arm, as as he does, Hera grabs the rusted pipe from her belt loop and stabs Maxwell right in the chest with it, but at that same time Maxwell kicked her arm snapping it. "Tch. An impressive hit. . . but not enough." He walks over to the rifle and picks it up, grabbing the scope off of it. "Guess this scope won't have any use here. . ." He winds it a bit and tosses it at Hera. "So you can go ahead and have it."

Maxwell walks towards the Window as Hera lay on the ground with her arm broken, and her shoulder stabbed. Watching, as Maxwell hops out the window. It wasn't long before . . .

tick
    tick
    tick
    tick
    BOOM

The scope explodes in shrapnel all around a grenade in disguise. Hera felt her face get torn off, her arm shattered and flung across the room. Her vision went red, then black. Waking up once more in her Bedroom. Looking at her arm, there was no damage, not even any redness. A small screen waited at the edge of the bed, and Hera sits up to look at it

"Maxwell Vs Hera

Tie."

11. 1mightydragon

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8

-Taz-

Headset begins to display the area of the scenario with Taz in the cockpit of his Mech the Lighting Fist Mark 2. The town was just a farming town with only 200 people lived here but half of them are dead because of the fight with the Termas earlier. The Town looked wrecked with broken windows, torn curtains, bullet holes everywhere, broken barricades on the major streets, and claw marks on the ground, too big to be a normal wolf or tiger. The people were cooperating, either lined up to get on one of 5 Transports or lying on the ground waiting for a medic to look at their wounds. The unit had only 2 medics only the most critical of patients were seen at the time. The unit was brought in on a 6th Transport was reserved for the Platoon only. The unit was spread thin all of them watching the perimeter for additional Terma, except for the medics who were trying to stabilize the critically wounded civilians. Taz looked around a minute to get his bearings and saw that the tallest building in town was a church which the town was built around with a relatively large square right in front of the church with market stalls and boxes torn up and pushed away from the center so that the Transports could land there while the Platoons Transport was flying above the town watching for Terma.

The simulation gave Taz exactly 1 minute to get familiar with the area and where his units were.

Elric was watching on the monitor to see exactly what Taz was seeing "Hey I can already smell the ramen you are buying," Elric said trying to get Taz off his rhythm.

"Sir, the headset has noise-canceling headphones he can not hear you and for the fairness of the bet leave him be," Vulcan said spoiling Elric's fun.

The 1 minute ended, then a call on the radio came in: Contacts on earth bearing 025, range 3 miles closing fast. Taz felt the hair on his neck perk up and yelled "Defensive positions, LMG teams to the Church one gun facing North other gun facing South" The men moved quickly from the outer area they were to the building surrounding the main square setting up ambush positions for anything coming near the square. Taz went to the main road which leads North and as circumstance would have it the Church and the square were directly behind him.

"Sir permission to engage," Transport 6 called out. "Negative, just identify and confirm hostiles," Taz responded. "Roger that moving to confirm hostiles," Transport 6 moved from over the town to the direction of the hostiles. Taz stood in the middle of the street, with the Energy Rifle charged up and ready for a shot. Taz looked down the street and waited for a response from Transport 6. Taz was dripping with sweat, he thinks it's from the training earlier. "Sir they are Hell Hounds," Transport 6 called out. "Understood now get back here and give cover to the Evac Zone." Transport 6 was seen gunning it for altitude as white tracer lights lit up from the side guns and red bolts come from the ground to the transport. The distant screeches of the Hell Hounds can be heard then one peaked its head around the corner to see Taz at the center of the street. This Hell Hound glowed blue and it stared down Taz as if it was a challenge. Then it quickly pulled its head back as bullets whizzed by from the church bell tower. "Do we have any spare ammo or guns?" Taz called out on the Radio. "No sir we only carried our own." Taz was trying to think quickly but then another pair of screeches were heard. "Sir we got movement from multiple directions," Transport 6 called out. "How soon can we get a transport off the ground, fully loaded?" Taz yelled. "Sir the protocol is to launch all transports at once for Evac," Transport 6 called out. "TO HELL WITH PROTOCOL GET THE LOADED TRANSPORT UP, NOW," Taz screamed on the radio. After a second or two Transport 1 lifted off with the women and children on board.

The Hell Hound was a dog-like creature that had a fire for breath and it has black fur but was highlighted by glowing orange bone over its head, back, legs and claws. These Terma travel in packs and scope out areas that they could attack then once they do attack they attack from 3 sides forcing their prey in a certain direction where their 4th group is waiting for an ambush if that does not work they use hit and run tactics from all sides wearing down their target. Its claws are hot enough to set fires and burn flesh as it tears through flesh but it's known that kevlar backed by steel plating can stop the claws but the heat will still leave burn marks. Its fire breath acts more like a plasma shot than a flame thrower, exploding on impact causing burns. The breath attack can damage or cripple vehicles and transports if hit in the right location for example the fuel tank. Thankfully the Hell Hounds breath attack has a relatively short range. Normal Hell Hounds glow orange or red but Alphas glow blue with blue fire coming out of his nostrils.

TLDR: Firedogs with wolfpack tactics.

12. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Hera stared at the tie board, and questioned if they just placed it there to mess with her. It wasn't long until Maxwell opened her door . "Good fight, not gonna lie, you made me jump when you jumped out the window . Using the gear gas to make a ticking sound was creative as well. But I don't quite understand why you used a Pipe and not a knife. . . You could've thrown the knife at my throat." He pondered "You would've intercepted it with your power. "That is true." He muttered. "I used the pipe, because in your bomb heavy attacks, the pipe was on fire, so once I stabbed you with the pipe, it started to fill your body with Toxins." Maxwell knocks on the wall. "You found out a clever way of dealing damage. I wanna see what your ability will be. . . "

"So do I." Hera mutters. She glanced at her watch and saw it was 10: 36 AM. "So we got an hour and 20 minutes till we start, huh. . " She glances out the window to see the town. It was futuristic, and calming but complex city. Where billboards flew high in the sky, windows becoming opaque at the press of a button, transports not touching the ground, magic arts of Terma Crystals thrown about.

"So this is where i'm staying for the while." Hera though to herself. "So, I guess we're gonna wait on Taz and . . .Sylas." Maxwell spoke to himself. "Who's Sylas?" Hera asked. "Oh, right you've yet to meet him yet. Sylas is one of the new people of the army, I guess replacing that spanish rat." Maxwell kicks against the wall. "From what I can already feel, he is very preserverent, and calm. But there's something that feels off about him . . . Like he's capable of something else then i'm aware of. Ah well, we'll see. Once he activates the crystal."

"Wait. you're going to let a complete stranger use a terma crystal?? We've not even seen him in battle!" Hera complains. "I'm aware of that. . . but for now, let's avoid this conversation, we don't know who is listening. However, I do wish to ask a question of you Hera" Maxwell had a stern face. "DId your dreams come to haunt you last night?"

13. 1mightydragon

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    -Taz-

As soon as Transport 1 lifted off the ground an agonizing screech was heard followed by several other screeches from different directions. Taz stayed cool and pointed the energy rifle down the street and waited for the targeting system to highlight a target he waited and then several Hell Hounds darted around the corner at the same time charging straight at him Taz opened up targeting all of them and only hitting one center mass killing it but the other kept coming. Taz realized that he can not keep this up so he switched to full auto mode and opened up again targeting the leading Hell Hound (not the alpha) and killing it. The Hound's breath becomes visible as it begins to launch plasma at Taz, the bolts slammed into Lighting Fist damaging the armor, the armor holds up as Taz continues to fire killing another Hell Hound.

Taz being engaged did not notice everything else that was going on around the Evac Zone, his men were holding off attacks from all sides except the South which was not being attacked at this time. Taz's men were having a hard time with the Hounds as they were darting in and out of buildings launching plasma at them from rooftops, windows, balconies, or the holes blown in the walls of buildings.

"Sir, we are being attacked from all sides and these Hounds are using the buildings for cover," a Sergeant called out to Taz.
    Taz caught up in shooting at Hounds takes a look around with his monitors and saw the dire situation they were in and decided to switch things up. "Gunners switch to AP ammo," Taz ordered.
    "Sir, that Ammo is supposed to be used for AFVs or," the Sergeant replied but Taz cuts him off.
    "JUST DO IT," Taz yelled.

The gunners switched to the AP ammo as ordered and started just spraying the buildings that were not occupied by Taz's men, this was extremely effective. The Hounds in the buildings were shredded by the fire unleashed by the gunner on the church bell tower. Then another screech was heard then followed by several screeches from the south another Hound group was attacking.

With this screech the civilians lost it and panicked pushing each other to get on board the transports, pressuring the crew of the transports to go ahead and leave. The crews tried to maintain order. Transport 2 launched, 3 and 4 decided to launch soon after but leaving people behind.

"Sir this is Transport 5 we are over capacity we can't handle all remaining civilians." Taz heard this news and without hesitation "Go ahead and take off with what you got, Transport 6 can handle what is left." With that Transport 5 launched leaving a dozen or so civilians still in the Evac Zone. A few of those civilians tried to get in while the doors were closing and some just grabbed a hold of the transport and got blasted by the Hound's plasma falling to their deaths.

Transport 6 landed with its gunners opening up trying to give cover to the men on the ground and Taz has to decide how to leave. "Oh, fuck it gunners leave your gear and everyone get on the transport." The gunners dropped their LMGs and just rappeled from the Church Bell Tower to get to the Transport and all of Taz's men, the wounded too, just rushed for Transport 6. The Alpha Hell Hound let out one more screech and the entire pack rushed the square with their mouths filled with plasma. Taz looked back at the Transport 6 for a split second and saw that he was the last man on the ground he darted for it and Transport 6 took off the moment that Taz got on, without closing the doors. But the plasma shots found their target hitting the Lighting Fist in the back critically damaging it and it put Taz in so much pain that the Simulation ended.

Taz then saw a top-down view of what happened from the beginning and he fast forward to the last few seconds and it turned out that in the design of the Lighting Fist he did not realize that the back armor was actually really thin, enough to actually render it almost useless but the results screen was what he was most interested in and it read:
    =============================================================================
    Simulation: Farming Desert Town Defence
    Civilians saved: 87/100
    Military Personnel Survived: 30/30 Wounded: 5/30
    Status of Trainee: Critical
    Evaluation: Trainee will be out of action for at least a month but did complete mission successfully
    Result: Pass (further leadership training recommended)
    ==============================================================================

Once Taz saw this he breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Well, at least I passed."

14. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Hera was quickly taken by surprise . "Well, I mean. Yes. I had a dream about my mother's passing, at the sand shark attack. When she was . . . impaled." She clutched her fist, and her hair fell across her face. Her memory hazed back to the previous day, when all hell broke loose. "Everything happened so fast yesterday. First the sand shark attacked, my mother died, we had to deal with the giant sand giant on the plane, the giant followed us home, then it attacked the city. then we got taken away, and then we had to fight diablos. It was a crazy day . . ." Hera grabbed her head

"No worries, from here on . The only time things will get as crazy as that, is when something attacks us head on. Typically, we have a quest board of sorts where people call in termas. some can be dealt with in a few hours after a report, but some do need to be instant." Maxwell shuffles in his pocket and takes out a white box with a tan logo around the rim. Cracking the box open 7 cigarettes tilt out, and maxwell takes out a lighter lighting a stick . He tips the box to Hera. "Sorry, I don't smoke" Hera waved her hand

"Suit yourself." He lights his cigarette and takes a portable ashtray from inside his coat. "Listen. Those nightmares, weren't coincidence. Once you use the power of a terma crystal, they have access to your mind. " Hera paused for a moment "But. . . I never used a Terma crystal yesterday though..." Maxwell chuckles and tips his cigarette into the ash tray. "Yes you did. those id's aren't magic kiddo. They had to have at least some power source.

15. 1mightydragon

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    -Taz-

Vulcan analyses the results of the simulation while Taz gets out of the simulator, "Well congratulations you technically won the scenario but according to the results you have a 5% chance of death, 30% chance of being crippled for life, 40% chance of being moderately wounded and a 25% chance of just being knocked out, from when the scenario ended but, you did 'win' in terms of getting most of the civilians and military personnel out but it could have cost you your life."

"Well, much is risked in war," Taz said.
    "But it was a design flaw that could have got you killed in battle," Elric said in a stern voice knowing that he is going to pay for an expensive meal, "What do you think it will take to fix this weakness?"
    "It will take about 10mm of armor to just make the Hell Hounds shot ineffective against the Lighting Fist but, it would add a considerable amount of weight," Vulcan chimed in.
    "How about 3mm of spaced armor?" Taz asked.
    "it would add weight but it would absorb one shot before being penetrated, observe," Vulcan says while bringing up a display that shows the replay of the shot that knocked out Taz it zoomed in on the area of impact and showed exactly, frame by frame, the simulation results with the changes to the Lighting Fist the blast would have been absorbed if the change was made.
    "Well I will send these results to the Techs to make the changes," Taz said.
    DING DING DING IT IS NOW 12:00pm came over the loudspeakers.
    Taz and Elric looked at each other in a mild panic and RUN to the briefing room.
    "Maybe, I should have told them the time," Vulcan said softly as they were running out the door still in their Physical Training gear.

16. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    (Sorry for the month's wait)

"I guess." Hera muttered.

"Well it's getting around the time we should go to the room, I'll take you there. Let's go." Maxwell tips his cigarette into the ash tray and drops it out of his mouth, closing the tray. "Prepare for a shit ton of pain, that'll be my main warning. Depending on how complex your power is, for some it's a cake walk only taking a finger like mine. For others, like Gabrielle it takes your entire arm , and other parts of you with it. "

"What do you mean . .?" Hera looked at Maxwell with a stern face.

"Crystals are like fire, you don't play with them. And if you wish to be one with the flame, you must bring it a sacrifice. Whenever you ascend past the first strength of the crystal, whatever was taken will burst into pink flames, same with when a crystals strength is broken into the air. It's also why we always use our powers no matter what in the ID forms. anything else could possibly kill. Now . .. " Maxwell walked and talked through the procedure with Hera one more time

"So, you'll be locked in a room, hold a crystal, you'll guide me through how to make it go through my blood, and then I can do whatever the crystal says .. ." Hera was confused but understood (if that makes sense). "What do you think mine will be?"

"Probably a hook, not a clue." Maxwell shrugged, "only time will tell."