1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gym Leader Tryouts

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Ryan, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    As we have two Gym Leaders who qualify for an Elite Four position, we will need two more Gym Leaders as well as two back up leaders.

To undergo the Gym Leader trial, you must post in this thread with your timezone as well as availability. After posting, you must contact our gym leaders for a battle. After the battle, the Gym Leaders will post their respective replays of your match in a thread for discussion of whether or not they feel you will do well in the position.

You must battle all gym leaders for a proper evaluation.

Please note that our Gym Leaders are not chosen off of battling skill alone. How you act or have acted in the past will have heavy weight in whether or not you deserve a position. As a leader, you represent Lake Valor and will be expected to act with common decency (i.e., no spamming someone, disconnecting, insulting your opponent, etc.).

Try out rules:
    • Try out battles are not to be monotype - diverse types only!
    • You must be active on Lake Valor
    • Spectating a try out match, unless you're a fellow gym leader or you are never going to try out for a battle, is strictly forbidden and will result in permanent disqualification from the league, as it gives you an unfair advantage of learning the Gym Leader's try out team as well as their playstyle.
    • If rejected by all of the leaders, you must wait 2 weeks before trying again.

Current gym leaders:
    @[member="RedScizor"] - Fire
    @[member="Slash"] - Flying
    @[member="Bloom"] - Psychic (E4 candidate)
    @[member="Karzarill"] - Steel
    @[member="Gengar's Grin"] - Ghost
    @[member="Slowbroongus"] - Water
    @[member="Spammernoob"] - Dark (E4 candidate)
    @[member="Martsian"] - Dragon
    @[member="Dragon"] - Fairy
    @[member="Xarn"] - Bug

2. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I'll try out. EST. I'm usually available after 6 at latest till 9:30, with chores, supper, and a shower at some point in there. Weekends I'm usually available all day, with meals chores and shower later mixed throughout day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ExampleYT

ExampleYT Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I can try out also, I'm on as much as I can, and usually im playing but when I am off im busy, basically when im on/off when Im not busy I play when im busy I try to be finished as fast as I can :)

4. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I am on it :D GMT -3:00
    Mostly on Weekends all day, all night, and getting bored because there is no-one to talk with D:
    Also very often on week days when everybody is busy and I am on my job's PC thinking about what can I do with my life when I am not working and studying or posting on LV?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I'm on every morning EST from about 7:30 - 8:30. I can be on at night at about 10:30-11:30 EST as well.

6. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    i'll try out too, i spend most of my time on the servers so i'll ask if i have time and if the other members have time. I want to give this a shot again, so i wish everyone luck!

7. NativeBlasion

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.8
    Il love to give it a shot. PST, and im usually available after 5 on most days except Fridays and Sundays.

8. Dragon

Eevee (J)
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽45.7
    I'd like to try out for EST! Usually I'll be on all day. :3

9. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I'd like to try out as well. I'm available Mon-Fri anytime after 5:00 PM CST, and I'm available anytime on the weekends.

10. Awesomer

Awesomer Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I would like to try out. My time is GMT and I am usually in the evening and on weekends.

11. Dawnmidst

Dawnmidst Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Hi there! It would be awesome if I could try out for Rock Gym Leader. I am very active usually being on from 3 PM EST to 9 PM during the weekdays. Sometimes I might have piano lessons which are 3 hours long, usually at different times. Saturday and Sunday are usually pretty busy for me, but I usually can be on for 2 hours a day or more. Thank you!

12. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I figure I should mention that I'm back in the tryouts. Same as before, most days I'm available:
    Sunday through Thursday: 4pm to 2 am
    Friday and Saturday: 4 pm to 5 am. Remember these times are in EST.

At this time, I've already battled @[member="Spammernoob"] and @[member="Martsian"]

13. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Alright, what the heck. I'm in.

I'll be available from 10 AM - 5 PM CST on Weekdays, while on weekends I'll be available from around 5 AM - 6 PM CST

14. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I will try. My time is UTC usually on the morning and evenings as of right now i will be online at the nights too but starting the next week i wont be able be here at night

15. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Well, considering Im a Fairy-type Elite in one league, and a Ghost-type user in another, wynaut?

Question: Do we sometimes do Gym Battles in-game? I can do them just about anytime.

Otherwise, I can usually be on Showdown from 12:00-2:30 PM EST on Monday-Friday.

16. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    I'm signing up!

My availability is rather sporadic, but I am typically on everyday now since I have my computer back, mostly from 3PM CST and forward. Would love to be challenged as soon as possible.

Just need to know when we're ready. :)

Bubbles likes this.
  17. MasterCharmander13

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Alright, I'm joining in.

Eastern Europe Time Zone (UTC+2:00)
    As for availability, I'm online quite a lot, there's not a set time where I'm more active than usual, so...I guess: Most of the time.
    I would want to try for a Fighting Type Gym.

18. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I've been trying out, and I've battled a few Gym Leaders. I'll tag them now, so if they saved the replays, you can ask for them, I didn't think of saving them...
    @[member="Gengar's Grin"]
    @[member="Bloom"]
    @[member="Karzarill"]
    @[member="Slash"]
    @[member="Spammernoob"]
    @[member="Martsian"]

Sorry guys! Turns out I broke a rule by changing my team through tryouts... I must have just missed it while reading, but I am willing t battle all the Gym Leaders again from scratch, if that's what it takes to be a Gym Leader here on LV.

My avaliable times are 12pm - 10pm, Saturday and Sunday with my timezone being UTC +9:30 hours

Hi again! Turns out I didn't misread and I can change my team, so I crossed that part out. My times are still up there though!

19. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    Ill try dis one more time

Im avalible 16 hours everyday.
    Time zone:my cpu says egypt UTC+2 KSA-1 So yeah that.

20. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    I don't see why I cannot join in the fun! I'm usually on Showdown:
    Monday-Friday 3 PM EST- 7PM EST
    Saturday and Sunday 9 AM EST - 7PM EST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.