1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hair dye?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RadEmpoleon, Jan 16, 2019.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,933.2
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    (Ok, really random topic but anyway)
    Would you ever want to get your hair dyed/highlighted and why or why not?

Hmm... I probably wouldn’t dye my hair but if I did I would want either purple at the tips of my hair or a few purple/dark blue streaks. Nothing crazy. If I were to get a natural color? Probably blond highlights, idk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,687.0
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I wouldn't, is not good for my hair nor my scalp and since I've had issues with my scalp before is best to just not do it so the thought of actually doing it have never really crossed my mind.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've always wanted to dye my hair purple, but my mom wouldn't let me when I was younger. Being an adult now *sudders* I could dye it if I wanted to, but I'm worried that when looking for a job people wouldn't think I'm professional if I show up with purple hair.

I've heard dying your hair a lot is bad for it, but apparently semi-permanent isn't as bad.

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,245.5
    I've never had my hair dyed, and I don't plan on it. My hair has always been just fine for me, and I will keep it with its natural color as long as I can. (Who knows when a random bucket of hair dye will fall on my head?)

5. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I was bullied quite a lot through school because of my natural hair colour, and for the longest time I wanted nothing more than to dye it black so I wouldn't have to put up with it any more. Now that I'm older I honestly don't care, although I have off and on thought about having bubblegum pink/blue/purple (yes, all three at once) hair because I think it'd be fun even if the cost would be astronomical and it'd effectively ruin my hair...not sure what my work would think of it either.

Highlights wouldn't really work in my hair I don't think, although black streaks would make me look like a tiger, which would be...grrreat. But I have no intention of doing this, because I would NEVER hear the end of it.

When I was at University I actually nearly ended up with bubblegum pink hair...I said that if I got over 70% in my Taxation exam - which was obscenely difficult - then I'd dye my hair. I got 75%. I freaked out. xD

6. Cherry3Fairy

Sylvy 2 ♡
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,049.3
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I do have blonde highlights in my hair. And if talk about dyes, I'll surely dye my hair when they start turning grey.

7. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've never dyed my hair, but I've thought about it. If I do I think it would be a cooler color like turquoise or purple (or perhaps both, as they look really good together). I also wouldn't dye my whole hair. Probably just a few streaks, or the tips. Enough to draw attention, but not quite so far that everybody will just be staring at me.

8. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I'd love to dye my hair, but work... I have tied my tips red and it worked. I didn't want to dye my roots because then it would show up and I couldn't afford to redye them.

9. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    In school I wish my mother would've let me put dirty blond highlights at the tips of my hair, as a few kids in the school had done it and they never got in trouble or it. So I knew it'd be ok, but the problem was financial issues. One day, I'll dye my hair a really bright, lime green though, as it's my favorite color. I'm also going to grow out my hair and have a man bun. Lol

10. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I don't dye it because hair dye damages your hair and weakens in.
    Plus my normal color isn't too bad.

11. Shade

Shade Sailor

Lux
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽380.5
    Ultra Ball
    I've been coloring my hair since 2008.
    Nothing extreme. My natural color is dirty blonde and I started with dark brown, then went to black and finally added a streak of red until this last time when I went back to just black...for now.

I look so much better as a brunette than a dirty blonde.

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’d only dye my hair if I was going grey and wanted my natural color back. A lot of my classmates dye it in extremely bright colors and I just find it unappealing.