1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Happy Holidays

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Nov 13, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Let's be honest here, not everyone celebrates Christmas. As an atheist I only celebrate it because it's the easiest, and my mother's a stickler for tradition. Nonetheless, what holidays do you celebrate? Do you celebrate Christmas, or maybe Hanukkah. I can't spell too well, so I'll leave the rest up to you. And again, Happy holidays!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Somebody forgot a not in the first sentence :P

I celebrate Christmas, cause I'm Christian. And cause it's better than all those other holidays :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm not much of a celebrator of any holiday, but I go along with Christmas for my family. I don't do crazy shopping, however. I will not go to a mall, department store, or everything store at all for the week after Thanksgiving. Rather, I'll stay home with my family as much as I can and enjoy their company.

Oh, and I avoid Christmas music like the plague. I worked in a department store three winters already, and that stuff makes my ears bleed, brain ache, and soul contort. I just can't take it. Also worth mentioning is that I almost never say the M-C Christmas phrase. Even when in that department store for three winters when we were instructed to use specifically that form of valediction, I chose instead to say "Have a good afternoon/evening". No matter what you do or don't celebrate, every customer there was having a day, and I want their day to be good. I don't see anything wrong with that.

4. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I'm a christian, and I celebrate christmas. Even if I wasn't a christian, I'd probably celebrate christmas. I love the holiday season, hate the weather though. But I won't let that rain/snow on my parade.

I feel there's something, maybe in the air, that just makes the season feel magical. The world feels like a better place. Maybe it's just inside my head, but why on earth should it not be real?

5. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    FREEE STUFFFF

'nuff said

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    We celebrate Christmas in my house because we're Christian and because we like to spend time together as a family and Christmas is perfect for it.

7. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I'm an atheist, but I still celebrate Christmas and Easter because the rest of my family is Christian. Even when I move away from my family in the future, though, I'll still celebrate Christmas for both the tradition of doing so, and the cozy, friendly aspect of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.