1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hardest/Easiest Video Games that you've played

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by colours, Mar 8, 2018.

1. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    can't wait to see the responses!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Rezna likes this.
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Recently, the hardest game I've played is a kinda-new indie game called Celeste. Its gameplay is similar to Super Meat Boy, and it has tight controls, interesting locales, a heartfelt message for a plot, and very, very difficult levels. But it's never condescending when you die over a thousand times (Like I did on my first play-through, no joke). In fact, it tells you to be proud of your death counter, because that means you're learning, and that's okay. (It also has an Assist mode that I never used because I didn't realize it was there to begin with, but I beat the game anyway.)

The easiest game I remember playing was Kirby's Epic Yarn. Yes, it was laughably easy, but it was more of a cozy feel-good game than anything. I dunno; yarn always had that sentimental effect on me.

Moral of the story: Almost any game can be considered a good game regardless of difficulty, so long as the developers put in a lot of thought, effort, and love into making it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Rezna likes this.
  3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    hardest game: Megaman Zero: cause just about any old game is a hard game, but this one took number one spot
    easiest: Pokémon Sun: I jumped into that game in nuzlocke completely blind to what the game had in store for me, and got out with losing only about 6 Pokémon. With that in mind, I would say that Pokémon sun was one of the easiest games that I've ever played.

4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Fire Emblem: Birthrights. Ugh. RNG tends to kinda screw you over, and you don't get decent units until towards the middle of the game. Also, each stage has a ton of enemies that can easily take down your units. It's a nightmare...

That, or Alien: Isolation. If I'm not busy trying to calm myself as I escape either the AI or the Alien, I'm trying to solve those damned puzzles.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Dark Souls

Okay, in all seriousness, the easiest game I've played this year is... *glances at his small Steam account list* ... Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. The hardest would probably be FighterZ (I royally suck at fighting games).

Rezna likes this.
  6. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    The hardest game I've played so far has to be Cytus (and Cytus II, the sequel). I find it hard, since I'm the type of person who tries to get Perfect on every song. Yeah, some songs are easy to beat, but then there are songs that are just not even fair.

As for the easiest game I've played, it has to be... Cytus (let me explain). You see, there's an easy mode to the game. Sadly it just make it so mind-numbingly simple. There's this one song that is literally just one tap, and thats it.

7. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    as someone who is absolutely terrible at video games, none of them are easy

8. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hardest: Halo 3 Campaign (only on Mythic Legendary though)
    Easiest: Halo Wars 2 or Halo 5: Guardians.

9. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Hardest thing that I completed and didn't stop playing out of frustration? Digimon Dusk. It doesn't talk about type weaknesses or resistances (I had to look it up online, maybe there's a place in the game that discusses it but I have never found it), requires you to digivolve and degenerate often to boost stats and level caps (with each digivolution/degeneration you go down to level 1 and have to level up all over again), several digimon require multiplayer interaction (and this is a game that no longer has online connection), and the final boss in story mode is level 99. There is a huge post-story mode with digimon weaker than that. >.>

Easiest was Skylanders Giants. I completed that money-waster in a matter of a few hours, maybe less than 3. At least 'Spyro's Adventure' was much longer than that (took me 2 days)..

10. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Bruh. Bruh. Whew. Is MMZ even supposed to be winnable without save states? Because I seriously... okay, I'm really good at Mega Man X. 1-4 and 8 (hypothetically, as if I acknowledge the existence of MMX 6-8), were all cake, and 5 and 6 were a bit tougher, but MMZ? That whole series is off the wall. Once you get to the fight against Aztec Falcon in Z1 (so, like 15 minutes into the whole series), the difficulty is cranked up to 12 and it never turns down.

Anyway, I'll put forth another title in the MetroidVania style for what I think is hardest: Salt and Sanctuary. It's got the same Metroid-Castlevania style that you find in MMZ, but with a lot of Dark Souls themeing. The game can't be paused, and while I was playing it I was living through a medical difficulty necessitated frequent interruptions, so maybe it was harder for me than most; but no matter what that game is hard as fart.

As for easiest, there's a lot to choose from. Most Pokémon games are super-easy until you get to postgame, Elder Scrolls 4-5 and Fallout 3-4 are each really easy even on hard difficulty, and I don't remember the last time a Kirby game gave me trouble outside of the Boss Rush mode. Mario vs Donkey Kong on GBA was disappointingly easy, as I had such high hopes for it as a successor to Donkey Kong GB.

I'm trying now to remember some game that left me feeling hollow and disappointed, I think it was one of the Yoshi games other than Island and Story. The whole game felt like a prolonged tutorial, a lot of hand-holding and going-through the motions, and when I beat the final boss of the game I was like "wait, that's it? That's the whole game?" I wish I remembered what game it was so I could anti-recommend it.

11. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme

12. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    The easiest game I've ever played has to be FOP Breakin Da Rules. I had that game as a kid and I recently replayed it to see if it was good as I remembered it. It wasn't...in fact, it was boring mainly because it was way too easy.

The hardest game I've ever played has to be Pokémon Puzzle League on Super Hard. I rolled the game over counter to 99 thanks to several trainers. Not only that, but the last two stages are really tough. You only get one shot at the last stage and if you mess that up you have to fight the second to last opponent again. It's an amazing game though!

13. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    Dark Souls series, for both easiest and hardest.

Starting out as a fresh baby noob, well, its meme-status as "omg hardest game ever of all time omg omg" isn't entirely undeserved. Very unforgiving of mistakes, requires you to actually know what you're doing instead of "point-click-kill". And then you learn how things work and stroll through each game as if it were a walk around a friendly neighbourhood.