1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hardest Spin Offs Boss

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Bubbles, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    What was the hardest boss you had to face in a Pokémon Spin Off game? For me I have three major ones. Firstly, was Wigglytuff in Mystery Dungeon, yes I know. I had issues keeping my partner alive with the whole guild fighting against me and Wigglytuff walling all of my attacks. Secondly would be Darkrai in Mystery Dungeon as well, with all of his extra support, keeping cresselia alive was more tedious than fighting darkrai himself. My all time hardest was Rayquaza in Pokémon Ranger. I vividly remember crying over losing to this boss, on many multiple occasions. I was overdramatic yes, but that boss was ridiculously hard. How was I supposed to know there was a special technique for using your stylus to make perfect loops at the proper time without Rayquaza throwing a tantrum and unleashing cyclones everywhere? Anyways, feel free to rant and share your experiences here. :sweat:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Hmm, I'd have to say either Ieyasu Tokugawa's force in Pokémon Conquest or Darkrai in PMD: Explorers. Ieyasu and Tadakatsu were a real pain cause of the theme of the battlefield and the Tadakatsu Honda factor. Steel types are already annoying enough and my main team didn't really have any good Ground, Fire, or Fighting types. Then there is the fact that Tadakatsu Honda and his Steelix were so tough that the only reason I won that battle was luck over his Iron Tail missing on my last Pokémon, just like in the Samurai Warriors games, OP till the end. Darkrai was a pain because of Cresselia as well as my main characters. My partner was Riolu, so Mismagius was a pain to deal with for him. Then I was a Shinx, and I had to make sure that the Pokémon with Lightningrod were taken out first before Riolu focus his Force Palms on Darkrai otherwise I couldn't do anything. Discharge being my best option against Darkrai, I had to hope. Wigglytuff was annoying, but Darkrai was a pain.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I don't play many spin offs, but there are a few that I distinctly remember as being so frustratingly difficult...

-Primal Dialga in Time/Darkness/Sky (Mystery Dungeon). For some reason I have such a hard time with this boss. I remember the first time I faced him, I lost all my reviver seeds in the first battle and had to keep going against him without any reviver seeds. I remember scouring the dungeon on the way up, hoping I find just one. To help me out. But usually I didn't get so lucky. :c

-Steelix in Pokémon Ranger. There were a LOT of hard "bosses" in this game, but I can't remember any specifics - except Steelix. He was an absolute pain in the patootie, due to his super long body, it was extremely hard to get him in a good position to catch. Took me soooo many tries to get this thing haha.

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Ugh, the Wigglytuff Guild in the Mystery Dungeon games caused me a lot of trouble, much more as Primal Dialga did. I had to retry that battle at least 20 times -_- But other that that, Primal Diagla him self was pretty difficult as well :{

JirachiWish likes this.
  5. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have bad experiences with spinoffs... I have never beaten Pokémon Ranger nor PMD: Explorers of Time. For some reason I just couldn't win -_-

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,506.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Jirachi in the PMD side quest where you play as Bidoof, it took me so fricking long to clear that side mission because you only have Bidoof. It was so frustrating and when I finally defeated Jirachi it was because I got lucky with my items and had found a few sleep seeds and a revival seed or two and was able to make it flinch a few times with headbutt. Is the most frustrating fight I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

7. Powergo1

Powergo1 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I find Primal Dialga to be the hardest due to Roar of Time RNG OHKO/2HKO you and your partner, but I found him easier in EoS due to Riolu. The battle with Darkrai to be hard due to Cresselia being underleveled, so she dies!

8. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    The Hardest Boss Form me WHere Accualy 3 i didnt have much trouble with wigglypuff as i had dissharge and all that the hardest bosses Were:

1.Darkrai For having a massive OP army vs You And that if cressila whom doesnt level dies Its GameOver and since darkrai has Darkvoid and his ability and nightmare this has been disturbing for me it took em alot of tries to pass from thier

2.Primal Dialga As Being with 600HP Lv 50 and With Roaroftime(WHich he uses Everysingle time he gets the chance)The Only way i got through it was using stun seeds and Focuspunch+Agility COmbo Also Dig too I Packed alot of reviver seeds

3.Jirachi: WHile Jirachi Doesnt use Much OP moves its hard when your a bidoof with a terrable move set i got trough it by making my self lv 100(Yes you heard me lv 100 >:( )

9. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Primal Dialga in EoS was unfairly difficult for me.

Roar of Time killed me whenever I tried to beat him. I was stupid enough to bring only a couple reviver seeds, and no sleep or stun seeds.

10. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    The guild in PMD: Explorers. Also, the bosses in Ranger that keep attacking to where you take each spin one at a time. It's not only annoying, but it takes a while to figure out.

11. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Darkrai from PMD and Rampardos and Drapion from Shadows of Almia made me cry.

Darkrai because Cresselia was so so weak and it was hard keeping her alive. Rampardos because they were my first real bosses, and Drapion because it kept breaking my stylus. They were always such a pain. @.@

12. guimartgon

guimartgon Competitive Blog Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Primal Dialga in MD, I swear it would've been easier without a partner.
    PS: Am I the only one who hates monster nests or whatever it was in DM games? The one "trap" that just fills the room with enemies

JirachiWish likes this.
  13. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I beat all the bosses on the first try EXCEPT for the Wigglytuff's guild one when you graduate... that was so difficult it drove me insane, especially because of how outnumbered you were!

14. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Mewtwo in Pokémon Puzzle Leauge. Mewtwo took me 3 months to beat mainly because he combos blocks on your side of the field very quickly and if you don't get rid of the garbage blocks on time then your going to lose quickly because they stack. It's really a split second reaction.

15. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Darkrai from PMD was extremely difficult for me because there were more than 4 Pokémon attacking me and they were all very strong. It was really tough and I lost many times before I could actually get past him.

16. TrainerRythin

TrainerRythin -- The Diamond Tactician --

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Primal Dialga from EoT. I was a Turtwig and I think my partner was a pikachu, and I fought him over twenty times before I got lucky. I first climbed that cursed tower at level 32, and left it at level 56. FIFTY. SIX. EoS was a lot easier though thanks to Riolu and Focus Blast. One try. I actually whooped because I'd expected him to be harder lol.

17. Goomy

Goomy School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    The Legendary Dogs in the first Ranger game and Drapion in the second were probably the hardest for me. :T

18. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Primal Dialga was so freaking hard. Come to think of it, I still haven't beaten Primal Dialga. I better go do that XD

19. TrainerRythin

TrainerRythin -- The Diamond Tactician --

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    How long have you been stuck Pokémon's equivalent to Barad-dur? Also, how do you accent letters for this? I know sort of how to in word but I can't find anything for it here, and the keyboard shortcuts don't work.

20. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Darkrai in PMD2, dear lord. Cresselia was annoying in that dungeon to begin with, and the huge boss battle at the end was just torture. I remember going through that dungeon at least 3 times before I finally beat the boss. It was definitely worth it, though!

Steelix in the original Ranger was also a pain because of how large it was. Thankfully, I always made sure to catch a Sneasel so I could double the length of my capture line, so it wasn't as annoying as it could have been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.