1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Sign Up to begin your journey. Catch, train, and evolve wild Pokemon while you explore Lake Valor.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
A Pokémon appeared!

What will you do?

CATCH

USUM Have any of you restarted the game yet?

Discussion in 'Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon' started by Sheep, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Moderator
    Moderator Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽21
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Those of you who have USUM, do you still have the same file as you did when just starting, or have you started over? What're your reasons for restarting the game (challenge runs, just to replay, etc)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Social Team
    Social Team VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽23
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Dragon Scale ★★★Philosopher's CowlPoké Doll ★★Soothe Bell ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I'm weird about restarting games. Even though I could save my Pokémon in the Pokémon bank, I still don't like doing it unless it's a game that's been out for a really long time. Right now I'm only really willing to restart a game that's 5th gen or earlier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽6
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I restarted UltraMoon, with the intent to play it side by side with Moon, as comparison. I haven't really gotten anywhere with that yet though, due to classes, low interest and an Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke to attempt.

On the other hand I still have my very first Diamond file, never restarted it for sentimental reasons.

4. jeevan261001

jeevan261001 Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽142
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I had to restart my Ultra Moon Postfest nuzlocke after getting to the Ultra Necrozma battle because it turned out I used the wrong rules. :fuming:

5. Negative Zero

Negative Zero Maverick Hunter
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽190
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I'm getting ready to restart Ultra Sun soon. I think all I have left to do in the game is some Battle Tree stuff and capturing pretty much every available legendary, since all I've caught are Necrozma, Ho-oh, and Reshiram.

I need to decide a theme for my next play though. I don't think I have the guts for Nuzlocke, so I might do a mono-type of either Fairy or Poison.

6. jeevan261001

jeevan261001 Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽142
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    By monotype, do you mean playing through the game storyline using only 1 of those types?

7. Negative Zero

Negative Zero Maverick Hunter
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽190
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    @jeevan261001 Exactly, with maybe some wiggle room to allow Pokémon that evolve into one of those types, like Popplio I would allow myself to use in a just-fairy run because Primarina would eventually be fairy. This is more possible now than ever because you don't need to, for instance, have a water type with you at all times for surfing, or a flying type for easy transportation. Ghost is my favorite type right now, but I already used the heck out of Decidueye, Mimikyu, and A-Marowak in my current playthrough that it would feel stale to do a just-ghost team utilizing those three. I might also consider giving myself some Pokémon via PokeBank to more strictly adhere to the one type.

jeevan261001 likes this.
  8. Ultmia

Ultmia Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽2
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    For me, personally, I practically always restart my Pokémon games once I'm finished. I always love going through the journey as new characters with many different team set ups. I always want to try out different Pokémon set-ups and do different kinds of runs. Post-Game's fun and all. But once you're done with all the big story bits, I sorta start planing my next go around in my head. Right now, I'm on like 3 different runs (Sun, US, and Omega Ruby) at the same time, and it's really fun to see how the games almost completely changes when you have different teams.

9. Jason-Tyler-Monroe

Jason-Tyler-Monroe Tactical & Special Ball Breeder
    Patron

PokéPoints:
    ₽190
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Philosopher's CowlStaff of VerityHeart Scale ★★Pinap Berry ★★
    I haven't and I don't intend to any time soon either.