1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Have any of you restarted the game yet?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Those of you who have USUM, do you still have the same file as you did when just starting, or have you started over? What're your reasons for restarting the game (challenge runs, just to replay, etc)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm weird about restarting games. Even though I could save my Pokémon in the Pokémon bank, I still don't like doing it unless it's a game that's been out for a really long time. Right now I'm only really willing to restart a game that's 5th gen or earlier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I restarted UltraMoon, with the intent to play it side by side with Moon, as comparison. I haven't really gotten anywhere with that yet though, due to classes, low interest and an Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke to attempt.

On the other hand I still have my very first Diamond file, never restarted it for sentimental reasons.

4. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I had to restart my Ultra Moon Postfest nuzlocke after getting to the Ultra Necrozma battle because it turned out I used the wrong rules. :fuming:

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm getting ready to restart Ultra Sun soon. I think all I have left to do in the game is some Battle Tree stuff and capturing pretty much every available legendary, since all I've caught are Necrozma, Ho-oh, and Reshiram.

I need to decide a theme for my next play though. I don't think I have the guts for Nuzlocke, so I might do a mono-type of either Fairy or Poison.

6. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    By monotype, do you mean playing through the game storyline using only 1 of those types?

7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    @jeevan261001 Exactly, with maybe some wiggle room to allow Pokémon that evolve into one of those types, like Popplio I would allow myself to use in a just-fairy run because Primarina would eventually be fairy. This is more possible now than ever because you don't need to, for instance, have a water type with you at all times for surfing, or a flying type for easy transportation. Ghost is my favorite type right now, but I already used the heck out of Decidueye, Mimikyu, and A-Marowak in my current playthrough that it would feel stale to do a just-ghost team utilizing those three. I might also consider giving myself some Pokémon via PokeBank to more strictly adhere to the one type.

jeevan261001 likes this.
  8. Ultmia

Ultmia Youngster

Nixson
    (Cubone)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.4
    For me, personally, I practically always restart my Pokémon games once I'm finished. I always love going through the journey as new characters with many different team set ups. I always want to try out different Pokémon set-ups and do different kinds of runs. Post-Game's fun and all. But once you're done with all the big story bits, I sorta start planing my next go around in my head. Right now, I'm on like 3 different runs (Sun, US, and Omega Ruby) at the same time, and it's really fun to see how the games almost completely changes when you have different teams.

9. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I haven't and I don't intend to any time soon either.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Technically I have restarted it, I think? I just started the other version, but I am not too keen on continuing that journey.

11. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Nah. I tend to lose interest in the games after I beat them.

12. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Not really, USUM doesn't have a big replay factor for me as it does for games like HGSS or BW. It could be because I'm not a huge fan of Gen 7, so it' probably my biases holding me back.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Nope. To be honest I never restart any of my Pokémon games.

14. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I don't usually restart the first game I play, in this case Ultra Moon, I use the second one as one I can replay a couple of times if I want to, Ultra Sun in this case... But seeing as I haven't even finished Ultra Moon, it's gonna take a while before I restart anything XD

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I will eventually restart my Ultra Moon because the sole reason I have it is so I can replay one version while having all my stuff in the other.

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Nope, and honestly I don't think I'll be playing it again. I'm pretty much over it.

17. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ultra Sun and Moon were very boring to me as well as the original Sun and Moon versions. Aside from small quality of life changes, the games seemed too similar up until the later part of the game so it took me the longest time to even try to complete it the first time around.

18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    nahhhh. I haven't even beaten the game yet, so restarting it is really just out of the question. @_@

19. Lexatom

Lexatom Contributor

Mythical Egg
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    I don't restart my games until the next installment in the series has already released. That applies to Ultra Moon as well, I still have my same file from when I started.

20. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Nope, I haven't restarted Ultra Sun yet because I still haven't had the motivation to finish a lot of the post game adventure still lol. I still have quite a few shiny hunts I want to attempt as well.