1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Have any of you restarted the game yet?

Discussion in '3DS Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter
    Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.4
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Those of you who have USUM, do you still have the same file as you did when just starting, or have you started over? What're your reasons for restarting the game (challenge runs, just to replay, etc)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Master of Breaking Things
    Moderator Social Team VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽9.1
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Dragon Scale ★★★Philosopher's CowlPoké Doll ★★Soothe Bell ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I'm weird about restarting games. Even though I could save my Pokémon in the Pokémon bank, I still don't like doing it unless it's a game that's been out for a really long time. Right now I'm only really willing to restart a game that's 5th gen or earlier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽432.9
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I restarted UltraMoon, with the intent to play it side by side with Moon, as comparison. I haven't really gotten anywhere with that yet though, due to classes, low interest and an Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke to attempt.

On the other hand I still have my very first Diamond file, never restarted it for sentimental reasons.

4. jeevan261001

jeevan261001 Big Boss

PokéPoints:
    ₽178.7
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★
    I had to restart my Ultra Moon Postfest nuzlocke after getting to the Ultra Necrozma battle because it turned out I used the wrong rules. :fuming:

5. Negative Zero

Negative Zero is a terrarium of baby caimans with a keyboard
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽791.7
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I'm getting ready to restart Ultra Sun soon. I think all I have left to do in the game is some Battle Tree stuff and capturing pretty much every available legendary, since all I've caught are Necrozma, Ho-oh, and Reshiram.

I need to decide a theme for my next play though. I don't think I have the guts for Nuzlocke, so I might do a mono-type of either Fairy or Poison.

6. jeevan261001

jeevan261001 Big Boss

PokéPoints:
    ₽178.7
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★
    By monotype, do you mean playing through the game storyline using only 1 of those types?

7. Negative Zero

Negative Zero is a terrarium of baby caimans with a keyboard
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽791.7
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    @jeevan261001 Exactly, with maybe some wiggle room to allow Pokémon that evolve into one of those types, like Popplio I would allow myself to use in a just-fairy run because Primarina would eventually be fairy. This is more possible now than ever because you don't need to, for instance, have a water type with you at all times for surfing, or a flying type for easy transportation. Ghost is my favorite type right now, but I already used the heck out of Decidueye, Mimikyu, and A-Marowak in my current playthrough that it would feel stale to do a just-ghost team utilizing those three. I might also consider giving myself some Pokémon via PokeBank to more strictly adhere to the one type.

jeevan261001 likes this.
  8. Ultmia

Ultmia Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽2.4
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    For me, personally, I practically always restart my Pokémon games once I'm finished. I always love going through the journey as new characters with many different team set ups. I always want to try out different Pokémon set-ups and do different kinds of runs. Post-Game's fun and all. But once you're done with all the big story bits, I sorta start planing my next go around in my head. Right now, I'm on like 3 different runs (Sun, US, and Omega Ruby) at the same time, and it's really fun to see how the games almost completely changes when you have different teams.

9. Jason-Tyler-Monroe

Jason-Tyler-Monroe Tactical and Special Ball Breeder
    Patron

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.8
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Philosopher's CowlStaff of VerityHeart Scale ★★Pinap Berry ★★
    I haven't and I don't intend to any time soon either.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Aura Priestess
    Patron

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,877.5
    Battle Points:
    ★4
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Technically I have restarted it, I think? I just started the other version, but I am not too keen on continuing that journey.

11. awney

awney i'm lame
    Social Team

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,033.7
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Nah. I tend to lose interest in the games after I beat them.

12. Junkrat

Junkrat Existential Anomaly
    Discord Mod Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽313.4
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Park Ball ★★★
    Not really, USUM doesn't have a big replay factor for me as it does for games like HGSS or BW. It could be because I'm not a huge fan of Gen 7, so it' probably my biases holding me back.

13. Windstorm

Windstorm Flower Queen
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽225.6
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Nope. To be honest I never restart any of my Pokémon games.

14. Butternut

Butternut Fluffy stuffed mod
    Moderator Patron

PokéPoints:
    ₽575.1
    Battle Points:
    ★72
    Ultra BallCrown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityPoké Ball ★
    I don't usually restart the first game I play, in this case Ultra Moon, I use the second one as one I can replay a couple of times if I want to, Ultra Sun in this case... But seeing as I haven't even finished Ultra Moon, it's gonna take a while before I restart anything XD

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Mod Snek
    Super Mod Patron

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,268.5
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Dragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★Lure Ball ★★★★
    I will eventually restart my Ultra Moon because the sole reason I have it is so I can replay one version while having all my stuff in the other.

16. Achromatic

Achromatic Magikarp King
    Admin

PokéPoints:
    ₽244.7
    Battle Points:
    ★64
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Nope, and honestly I don't think I'll be playing it again. I'm pretty much over it.

17. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King
    Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽593.5
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ultra Sun and Moon were very boring to me as well as the original Sun and Moon versions. Aside from small quality of life changes, the games seemed too similar up until the later part of the game so it took me the longest time to even try to complete it the first time around.

18. Azalea

Azalea »lostDREAM⭐
    Moderator Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.3
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    nahhhh. I haven't even beaten the game yet, so restarting it is really just out of the question. @_@

19. Lexatom

Lexatom Contributor
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.5
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I don't restart my games until the next installment in the series has already released. That applies to Ultra Moon as well, I still have my same file from when I started.

20. Bubbles

Bubbles (⊙﹏⊙)
    Super Mod Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽327.1
    Battle Points:
    ★32
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Nope, I haven't restarted Ultra Sun yet because I still haven't had the motivation to finish a lot of the post game adventure still lol. I still have quite a few shiny hunts I want to attempt as well.