1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Have you ever had an allowance?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sohrob101, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Have you ever had an Allowance when you were at a young age? Whether it be from your dad or mom, how much was your allowance, and what was the time frame? Do you wish you had an allowance? If you did have an allowance did you find your allowance reasonable?

For me Allowances were like a come and go thing, i don't think me and my sister were able to make our dads allowance catch on. Like for me they start off somewhere, but die off eventually as the weeks or months go by. My recent allowance was 200$ per month, but this money was mainly for gas and food. What about you guys?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I haven't ever really had an allowance, as money was always a scarcity in my household. If you count mowing the lawn for a few bucks every now and then, sure, but that's really it. I live wit my grandparents so I just help with whatever they need help with when I can.

3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I've always had one, but it was in exchange for chores and stuff.
    The biggest it's ever been is $40 every two weeks lol. We're not very wealthy so..

4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I used to have an allowance, but my mom kinda dropped it into nonexistance haha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I've never had an allowance, I kind of just ask for money, and my parents give me some as long as I give a reason. I really don't care much for an allowance since I grew up in a Asian household, where the culture isn't too big on giving allowances.

6. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    My allowance was $10 a month, which is probably the equivalent of $15 or $20 today. I wasn't spoiled like most other kids I knew. $10 to me (back then) was a lot of money.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I used to get allowance when I was a kid, it was a decent sun actually, it would be equal to about 30 USD today. Of course I also had to do things around at home and such. I also wouldn't get any other money than my allowance unless it was my birthday or I was working for it, because my mom didn't wanted to spoil me. So if I wanted more money I had to work for it, hauling firewood was one of the things I did to earn more allowance.

8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    An allowance is a luxury that I've never had. I totally agree with my parents that I don't really need an allowance. They already let me live in their house, eat their, food, and take their money anyways, so allowance isn't really necessary to us.

9. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I've gotten pocket money since I was 6/7 or so, that rose up from 50p a week to £20 a week, which I've been getting for a couple years now. It's gonna stop once I hit 18 though, so I'll have to pick up a job at some point >V>;;

10. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Ever since primary school I've had an allowance. From Primary to High school we - my younger sister and I - would get an allowance of RM 5 a day. Then when I went to Uni I got an allowance of RM 100 a week, with RM 100 for transportation.

11. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I have always had an allowance from my parents, but that also meant they would never give me any extra money if I wanted to buy something. If I didn't have enough money, I should've saved more. It has always been that way, which seems pretty fair to me. It learned me to deal with money from a young age, which is only beneficial for the future :)

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Nope. Allowances are such a foreign term to me. n~n; My parents just bought me some of the things I wanted instead of giving me money.. because I'd need to go out with them to spend it anyway lol.

13. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    My brother and I used to have some sort of allowance when we did chores and soccer training and stuff, but it kinda fell off. Nowadays we'll get cash if we do yardwork around the house.

14. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I've always had an allowance in life, which slowly grew over the years. I'm still paid by my parents, because we'll earn just too much for me to qualify for a student EMA.

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Yes I have! I make my own money now but my grandparents always used to give me some money as a kid.

16. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I've had an allowance when I was ten that was 5 bucks, and to this day it hasn't changed much. I'm really fine without an allowance, but my parent's believe it's for the best.
    I think my allowance goes to the milkshakes I have per month.

17. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    When I was younger, I did have an allowance of about RM (Ringgit Malaysia) 5-10 per day mainly for lunch at school or for notebooks and writing utensils. Now, I don't have one, but that doesn't mean I have the freedom to go on a shopping spree on expensive branded clothes or something - which I've never done and am not planning to do lol.

18. Pokeman

Pokeman GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZHE FINEST IN ZHE WORLD

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I had an allowance for like, a week or two maybe? Then my mom sorta just dropped it. Luckily, every now and then I can do something to work up some money. (I cleaned the house for 40, heh heh.)

19. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I used to have an allowance when I was younger, but because of money issues. My parents had to stop. But now I have a job and I earn my own moolah.

20. Nezumi-Rakurai

Nezumi-Rakurai School Kid

(Mew Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Nope! lol

We had chores and "jobs" we could do for money.

But it wasn't worth it, haha. Hard work for a twenty-five cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.