1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Have you ever made a game, or thought of doing so?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dancey, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Dancey

Dancey Sailor

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE L E D G E N D
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽133.7
    This is something I've recently thought about, and now really curious about. Have you ever tried making a game, or thought of making one? I'm currently making a game myself (which I won't talk about unless you really want to know about it), not close to half way done, but a decent amount of progress has been done. Anyways, back on topic, it could be any type of game, RPG, platformer, visual novel, anything. So, ever tried making a game, or thought of making one? If so, what was the game about? What was the story you had in plan for the game? Are you still working on it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Well, I kinda gotta make a game for school...by Friday...so yeah.

It's a shooter game (kinda like the mini-game in Stardew valley) It's not supposed to be much...just something that gets me a good grade

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    i have,, we had these lessons in school a few weeks back and they taught us how to make the games ^w^ (the programming is supersimple and really basic though,, heheh but it was still fun !! :D)

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Did this back in high school (at this point it would be 13 years ago... I feel so old... T_T), back when I thought I was going to go into the videogame business (yeah, that didn't turn out well...). Used Visual Basic to make a math game using assets from Gundam Wing: Endless Duel. Turned out pretty well, but I lost the disc I saved it on so there's no way I can show it off...

After that, as part of the application for DigiPen (basically where anyone goes when they go into videogame production) you had to create some kind of non-videogame game. I put together rules for a War-style card game, though I never got the chance to test it out since I don't have any playing cards. Still got the rules, though.

5. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I once tried to make a Pokémon Rom Hack (Region had a strange virus outbreak which mutated the Pokémon into 'zombies'-they couldn't turn others, but were definitely dead walking/monsters) but the process of editing all the sprites was too much and I had to cancel it after 3-4 years of altering sprites.
    [​IMG]

Also, for several years I've worked with SableSugar and other game devs and artists in a attempt to make a RPG/Card based game. Sadly they never worked out, after 3-4 different variations and over 5 years of attempts. The farthest we got was a Steam Greenlight, seen here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337964346
    My character is in the top corner, you can see her boots and green tail! She was the first mid-boss, of the dark (Luna) type. Sadly I lost the card of her over the years.. :(

6. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I did some coding and game design for a semester in 9th grade. It was pretty cool ^^ My brother is currently working on a game that’s something like Fire Emblem (in terms of gameplay)!

7. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I made a point-and-click in MS Powerpoint, but I haven't made a 'proper' game.

8. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’ve never made a game but I would love to! However I lack the knowledge and creativity to do so.

9. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
  10. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I've made boardgames but that is it.

11. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I don't know if RPG Maker counts, but well, I did make two full RPGS with Fez. Only one of them I actually released to the public, though.

12. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I made a board like game in middle school, but when HS came around I got the opportunity to make it into a video game from scratch. I used python to make the turn based strategy game. In the end I managed to finish it. It's horribly unbalanced but that can be changed by tweaking a few numbers. Turns out to be really great, because you half to know and use python if you want to get anywhere in astronomy.

13. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    I love making Pokémon fangames on RPG Maker! I haven't managed to finish them, but I really need to do that!

14. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I've pondered the idea of making a game, but never got far with it. At most, I made a couple sprites for a Pokémon Rom hack like many others since that was a popular trend and I was really into editing the Pokémon sprites back then.

15. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Maybe in the past when we had a coding day, but not now. It seems quite complicated, and it’s not what I want to do with my life anyways. I have other dreams that I want to fulfill.

Right now, I’m usually pretty satisfied with the games that come out today anyways

16. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I've done a few proof of concept for some simple games over the years but always had to either abandon them or outright have my ideas rejected when it came to conceptualising for college projects. I have to come up with a few more ideas for more projects that are waiting in the wings so hopefully, by next summer, I will have a game developed, targeting android devices mainly since that's what I'm doing a lot of now.

17. JustTopaz

Evie
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.5
    I'd love to try my hand at fiddling around with a Pokémon fan-game. But I'm too cheep to fork out 25USD for an old XP program. Maybe if it was 10 I'd go for it. but nope

edit. I forgot that g2a existed.

#17 Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017