1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Sign Up to begin your journey. Catch, train, and evolve wild Pokemon while you explore Lake Valor.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
A Pokémon appeared!

What will you do?

CATCH

Have you ever made a game, or thought of doing so?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dancey, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Dancey

Dancey Sailor

Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    This is something I've recently thought about, and now really curious about. Have you ever tried making a game, or thought of making one? I'm currently making a game myself (which I won't talk about unless you really want to know about it), not close to half way done, but a decent amount of progress has been done. Anyways, back on topic, it could be any type of game, RPG, platformer, visual novel, anything. So, ever tried making a game, or thought of making one? If so, what was the game about? What was the story you had in plan for the game? Are you still working on it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VictoryStar34

VictoryStar34 Ruin Maniac

Local Time:
    8:59 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽152
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Well, I kinda gotta make a game for school...by Friday...so yeah.

It's a shooter game (kinda like the mini-game in Stardew valley) It's not supposed to be much...just something that gets me a good grade

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dangokura

dangokura Sailor

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽42
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    i have,, we had these lessons in school a few weeks back and they taught us how to make the games ^w^ (the programming is supersimple and really basic though,, heheh but it was still fun !! :D)

4. ShinigamiMiroku

ShinigamiMiroku Dragon Tamer

Local Time:
    2:59 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Did this back in high school (at this point it would be 13 years ago... I feel so old... T_T), back when I thought I was going to go into the videogame business (yeah, that didn't turn out well...). Used Visual Basic to make a math game using assets from Gundam Wing: Endless Duel. Turned out pretty well, but I lost the disc I saved it on so there's no way I can show it off...

After that, as part of the application for DigiPen (basically where anyone goes when they go into videogame production) you had to create some kind of non-videogame game. I put together rules for a War-style card game, though I never got the chance to test it out since I don't have any playing cards. Still got the rules, though.

5. Shadria

Shadria Pokémon Professor

Local Time:
    3:59 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28
    Battle Points:
    ★7
    Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★Soothe Bell ★
    I once tried to make a Pokémon Rom Hack (Region had a strange virus outbreak which mutated the Pokémon into 'zombies'-they couldn't turn others, but were definitely dead walking/monsters) but the process of editing all the sprites was too much and I had to cancel it after 3-4 years of altering sprites.
    [​IMG]

Also, for several years I've worked with SableSugar and other game devs and artists in a attempt to make a RPG/Card based game. Sadly they never worked out, after 3-4 different variations and over 5 years of attempts. The farthest we got was a Steam Greenlight, seen here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337964346
    My character is in the top corner, you can see her boots and green tail! She was the first mid-boss, of the dark (Luna) type. Sadly I lost the card of her over the years.. :(

6. vaporwave

vaporwave Always Confused
    VIP

Local Time:
    4:59 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I did some coding and game design for a semester in 9th grade. It was pretty cool ^^ My brother is currently working on a game that’s something like Fire Emblem (in terms of gameplay)!

7. PokemonFan26

PokemonFan26 Poké Maniac

Local Time:
    7:59 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽70
    Battle Points:
    ★7
    I made a point-and-click in MS Powerpoint, but I haven't made a 'proper' game.

8. awney

awney Poké Maniac

Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I’ve never made a game but I would love to! However I lack the knowledge and creativity to do so.

9. Squidy822

Squidy822 Kindler

Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽109
    Battle Points:
    ★6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
  10. Jason-Tyler-Monroe

Jason-Tyler-Monroe Tactical & Special Ball Breeder
    Patron

Local Time:
    3:59 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽982
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Philosopher's CowlStaff of VerityHeart Scale ★★Pinap Berry ★★
    I've made boardgames but that is it.