1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Have you ever try to focus on drawing/writing something but ended up being distracted?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Sonic Ramon, Sep 23, 2017.

?

What would you do if you were able to buff Unown?

1. Improve its base stats.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Give it more moves.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Give it an evolution.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Give it an mega.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. All of the above except for an evolution.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. All of the above except for an mega.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    lol oh my god all the time. This is me for 90% of the artwork I make.. I don't think I finish a drawing in one round anymore, or very rarely. Always distracted by forums or YouTube or something else that I suddenly decide I want to do midway. thanks brain D8

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    This statement is 100% me. Hell, it's even when I contemplate thinking about writing but I decide to watch some rip vine comps instead :x

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Runo20

Runo20 Tuber

Chief
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.4
    Story of my life

4. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My drawings tend to take...at most, roughly a half hour, and thats very rare. So I usually finish art.

But the unfinished writings...I even finished my short sun x lillie fanfic but never got to posting anything besides the first part of seven...

And my WIP one nobody knows about until now...eghh...I'm a lazy squidoodle.

5. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Many, many times. Sometimes I'll write a couple of paragraphs, get stuck and think 'Okay, that's good enough. Off to Youtube I go!'

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Every. Dang. Time. I put on documentaries for background noise and then I just end up watching them. So instead of taking around 30-ish minutes to finish art it takes a good 2 hours or so.

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Often. All the time. Okay, pretty much every time I try writing. Sometimes I get distracted halfway through an LV post and later I'll

Eclipse likes this.
  8. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Saaaame

9. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    OH allllllllll the time. Trust me, there's a million different things that you can be distracted by, whether it be a new video from YouTube or that gardener revving his leaf blower at 9 in the morning. The struggle is real T_T

10. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    All The Time For Myself During This Period Of Time.For Example,I Was Doing A Sketch Of My Favourite Spacecraft While Putting The Video About It's Grand Finale As The Background Music.
    But Then,I Watched The Video Instead And Become Emotional Unstable Because Of The Last Few Scene(Or The Plunge).

Even I Am Inspired That I Become More Determining To Finish,It Still Happens.

#30 Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  11. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    All the time. Sometimes writing one chapter can take upwards of 10 hours because I end up doing so much stuff in between that often have nothing to do with the actual chapter.

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am getting the impression that distractions and other diversions are simply part and parcel with setting aside time to devote to creative processes. That is, we as people are waylaid by side events that crop up and threaten to break our focus, and it's something that's a regular occurrence and discipline to keep ourselves from succumbing.

...The resistance isn't always successful, but it's still something important to note. Most replies in this thread are variants on very much the same problem, I've noticed - I don't think anyone in this thread has responded with anything that could be considered a 'no' answer.

13. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    All day, every day.

I gotta write dat fanfic, man! But Bloons TD5, though...