1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Have you had a weird experience as a Pokémon fan?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Katanaeyegaming, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    What weird experiences have you had as a Pokémon fan or doing Pokémon related things?

I have 2 stories to tell for this question.

The first happened at a Con in 2015 that was held in Ponca City, Oklahoma about 45 minutes from where I currently live. Well I went with a few friends and met up with a friend who was visiting from Norway. We had a panel at the convention for the rhythm game In the Groove or ITG for short. Well we had like 3 hours before we were to setup for our panel we decided to walk around the Con which had other video game and anime related things. We saw these 2 college age girls at the Pokémon section sitting in these beanbag chairs wearing charizard merch from head to toe which was fine. But like 3 times they ended up hitting on guys wearing charizard merch in some very uncomfortable ways before they basically started acting like feral animals for like 20 minutes.

The second happened around late 2018 when some guy recognized me for some of my writing and started basically imitating some of my characters. Cool but then he got really weird with it making some very odd comments that lead to me leaving the area he was at for like 2-3 days to make sure nothing happened.

I'm interested in stories like these because I hear them quite a bit as of late and it's always nice to discuss things about Pokémon.

2. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    I met a kid who only knew about Pokémon from the cards and if i told him the name of a Pokémon that wasnt in his deck he just got super confused

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...