1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Have you tried nuzlocking USUM?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Hraesvelgr, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Just like the says, have you tried? Do you plan on trying at one point maybe?

I'm still in the middle of a run, currently training for the league which is time consuming since I set of some pretty strict rules. I can say one things about USUM as nuzlocke games, they hard. I've never played any game as hard as USUM when it comes to nuzlocking.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Haven't done it yet, but I can already imagine that a handful of the boss battles are going to be extremely aggravating. You probably know which ones I'm referring to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Nah, because I only have US and I don’t wanna delete my save file ;v; if anything, once I transfer all my Pokémon from Sun, I’ll try to nuzlocke that instead.

4. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I haven't tried it yet, it seems like it could be actually challenging though, so I might try a regular nuzlocke or a wonderlocke soon... I should finish my regular playthrough first LOL

5. Pikachushua

Mew
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.5
    I want to but I transfered around fourtie good mons there so I probably wont

6. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I haven't tried nuzlocking at all ever, but I'm really in the mood to try it with USUM, particularly because the game can be played without needing HM slaves or other limiting factors. On the other hand, I don't think I have the guts for an actual nuzlocke, so I might just go for a different, softer challenge.

I still need to finish the postgame and catch the wormhole legendaries before I restart my game, so I've got time to figure it out.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    USUM is the hardest game to nuzlocke so far judging by my own experiences and what's been talked about, so if is your first time doing this it might be better to start with a different game.

8. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Noted. I do want to try some kind of challenge though since there's almost no restrictions on what Pokémon you need to have with you for the sake of getting around in the world, so that might limit me to either tweaking the rules for easy-mode nuzlocke (catch whatever I want, but still release faints?) or trying something like solo Pokémon or mono type. Maybe I'll do a real nuzlocke an older game emulated. I have yet to play Platinum.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I am not planning on it at the moment. It seems so hard and I rather nuzlocke older games, as I have a better sense for them. Maybe when we are in gen 8 I will think about it.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Nope, but my first playthrough was somewhat like a nuzlocke. I don't think I ever let a single mon die and only caught a few mons... definitely not multiple ones per route but I can't remember if I ended up doing the first encounter only or not.

Maybe I'll do a wonderlocke if I get ultra moon or on the spur of the moment, reset my ultra sun file.

11. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Nuzlocked Ultra Sun 2 weeks ago. After getting wiped out 3 times in a row by Ultra Necrozma, I cheated.

(By using a Level 10 Zorua and Level 7 Ekans)

12. Fable_PH

Fable_PH Pixels and Paints

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    I haven't tried USUM, but I am egglocking Sun. Once that's done I might look into doing something for USUM

13. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    USUM seems like a really hard series to Nuzlocke. I'm pretty sure Moon and UltraMoon were the first games where I trained my Pokémon up to level 70 for the league and didn't feel ridiculously overpowered.

It's kind of slow paced though, so I don't know if I'd ever try it myself.