1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal ~HeartGold~ Hime's Golden Adventure ~Nuzlocke~

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ShireHime, May 3, 2017.

1. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Can do! I'll try to find one :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    CHAPTER 3.1 - Completing the Team!

Hello! This chapter will only contain a small update, nothing major except the first important event below.

• Going back to Goldenrod for a Surprise!
    After our successful win against Morty, I decided to head back to Goldenrod for a small little surprise ;) Maybe some of you don't know, but Bill actually gives you a Pokémon after you meet him in the Pokémon Center at Ecruteak. Can you guess who it is? *DRUMROLL*

~Hime received an Eevee!~

Yup, that's right, an Eevee! I have plans in evolving it into an Umbreon and I already have a nickname for it thanks to @Shadria ! This Eevee's nickname will be Shadria from now on :3 (It's a male though, sorry!) Next order of business is to the Name Rater, where I'll be changing one of my Pokémon's nickname. I'll be changing Janus to Snowbound due to @SnowboundBecca 's request of being named after white-colored Pokémon.

• Back on Track
    After doing everything I needed to do at Goldenrod, I quickly went back to Ecruteak to head to my next destination. While running past tall grass, Shadria was my main Pokémon, and my main concern was his current level, which is Lvl. 5. However, his ability is Run Away, which let us run away from wild encounters no problem.

• Arriving at Olivine City
    After a few minutes of training, I finally decided that it was time to go to Olivine. As I approached the Gym, Silver came out, telling me about the sick Pokémon and such. I wasn't planning on challenging the leader yet, so I decided to use my first healing limit there.

Deaths: 0

Flora (Bayleef) Lvl. 25 ♂

Moves: Cut, Synthesis, Razor Leaf, and Poison Powder

Flash (Flaaffy) Lvl. 23 ♀

Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thunder Shock, and Thunder Wave

Illusion (Noctowl) Lvl. 23 ♀

Moves: Uproar, Peck, Reflect, and Confusion

Queen (Nidorina) Lvl. 21 ♀

Moves: Poison Sting, Scratch, Tail Whip, and Double Kick

Snowbound (Previously Janus; Togepi) Lvl. 8 ♂

Moves: Growl, Charm, Extrasensory, and Metronome

Shadria (Eevee) Lvl. 11 ♂

Moves: Tail Whip, Tackle, Helping Hand, and Sand-Attack

ALIVE

DEAD
    Rocky (Geodude) Lvl. 13 ♀

SnowboundBecca and Wings like this.
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Just wait for Shadria the Eevee to either die before evolution or evolving into a Espeon. X'D *knocks on wood hard*
    Good luck, I have trouble with the lighthouse at times :U and all those tentacool in the water!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShireHime likes this.
  4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    I'll make sure to keep Shadria the Eevee alive... and I'll try to play the game most during the nighttime xD *Joins you in knocking the wood really hard and ends up splitting into two*

Hopefully I don't get too much trouble, but I appreciate the warning there! Woof, I'm really just going to run away from the Tentacool although maybe I'll catch one for Surf xD

5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Stock up on Antidotes, I can't count all the times I ended up having team members faint/blacking out completely due to Tentacools' poison attacks while I'm tryin to flee.

6. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Congrats on the Eevee! And hey, if you ever catch a water type or psychic type could you name it Ena? Thanks a lot!

7. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    If I remember correctly, I have at least 5 of them in my bag cause I really prepared for Morty since I was scared that his Pokémon will have Toxic.

On another note, I'm really scared for Shadria due to Chuck. I'll make sure to make big sister Illusion protect Shadria. ^_^

Shadria likes this.
  8. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Sure :3 I'll try to catch a Staryu at Route 34 since I can get a Good Rod at Olivine then evolve it into a Starmie later on :3

9. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    You named the Togepi after me? Aw, thank you~

The Togepi line is one of my favorites, and I would've used them more if I didn't keep getting Hustle for their ability... Hopefully that Togepi of yours rises to the top one day! :D

10. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    You're welcome, I think the name suits it well~

Same, in my ORAS game, I have Togekiss as one of my Pokémon since I really loved its design and how adorable its pre-evolutions were :D. I think I would've preferred Serene Grace over Hustle, but I think its moveset is what really counts.:thumbsup:

In the next chapter, I'll make sure to evolve it into a Togetic so that it could battlr Chuck as well omo

11. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Thanks, and it is! Especially if you're a paranoid person like me xD

12. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    CHAPTER 4 - Fighting!
    • Losing my Data
    Okay, I know some of you may think that "Oh no! Hime lost her game record! She'll have to restart!" but that isn't actually the case. I had already started to leave for the Lighthouse when I lost the document I made documenting everything I've done until I reached the Lighthouse. In a short recap, here's what I did before I lost my document.
    1. Got a Fishing Rod at Olivine. Used it to capture Ena, a male Krabby
    2. Entered the Lighthouse to train. Most of my Pokémon leveled up, particularly Snowbound and Shadria. After a few minutes, I finally reached the top where I met Jasmine. She told me about a pharmacy in Cianwood, so great.
    Since I had to go to Cianwood, I knew I had to take Ena and teach it Surf so I went ahead and did that. I sent Queen to the Box. I let Ena learn Surf, forgetting Leer. Also, here's an update about each of my Pokémon's levels:
    • Flora: Lvl. 25
    • Flash: Lvl. 24
    • Illusion: Lvl. 24
    • Queen: Lvl. 21
    • Snowbound: Lvl. 13
    • Shadria: Lvl. 13
    • Ena: Lvl. 20

• Trip to Cianwood
    On the way to Cianwood via Surf thanks to Ena, I encountered many trainers, most notably swimmers with Shellders and Tentacools, which annoyed me a lot. However, thanks to the trainers, Snowbound and Shadria were both able to level up pretty high. Shadria and Snowbound both grew to Lvl. 15 after the trip, which made me quite happy since they leveled up faster than I expected. I really want the two of them to evolve now, so hopefully one day we do manage to do so. Anyway, we managed to reach Cianwood City in no time. I quickly went to the Pokémon Center to use my first healing limit there. Afterwards, I went to the pharmacy to get the medicine Amphy needs.

• Cianwood City Gym
    Yup, here I am, inside the Gym. I honestly don't know if I should be afraid of Chuck since I have Illusion who can destroy all of his Fighting-types, but it's better to prepare than be sorry. And of course, he doesn't notice me because of the waterfall. Of course. The only way to get him to notice me is to turn off the waterfall. Easier said than done, considering how many Gym Trainers are inside of the Gym.

Goodness gracious, their Pokémon were much more stronger than I anticipated. My first battle was against a Hitmonlee at Lvl. 27 compared to my Lvl. 24 Illusion. Okay, now I know there's someone else I should be afraid of other than Whitney. I decided to exit the Gym to train for a bit.

• Meeting a Legend
    When I was looking for a Poké Mart, I found Suicune at the very end of Cianwood. I approached it, but it encircled me before slowly running away. Then, Eusine popped up, wanting to battle me. Haha, the game really knows how to kill Nuzlockers. His first Pokémon is Drowzee. If only Shadria had already evolved xD With no other option, I switch out to Flash. The battle wasn't really that exciting, nor was it too boring. In the end, I won the battle, with Flora leveling up to Lvl. 27.

I honestly didn't want to battle Chuck with my Pokémons' HP on the orange, so I decided to heal them up and use my final limit there. Then, I decided to go back to the Gym.

• Cianwood City Gym (Again)
    Hopefully I don't feel too weak this time... I decided to continue battling the Gym Trainers until Illusion was strong enough to beat Chuck. I had to battle numerous trainers and I had to make sure that there would still be some Super Potions left for me to use when I finally battle Chuck. Luckily, the direction I went to was the direction where the switch was as well. However, I decided to train more before challenging Chuck. Before long, I ended up with a Lvl. 25 Illusion and a Lvl. 25 Flash.

• His Roaring Fists Do the Talking
    Phew, this was it. The moment of truth. This could either be the Gym Battle where I lose this Nuzlocke completely or the Gym Battle that will open the door to a much better future. Without hesitation, I quickly put Illusion in my party first. And so, the battle begins.

A Lvl. 29 Primeape was his first Pokémon. Never fear! It uses Double Team while Illusion uses Reflect. It uses Double Team Again while Illusion attacks with Confusion, which missed. I can't really describe how scared I am right now, but my heart's racing and beating fast. It then used Rock Slide which worried me a lot, but it was tanked by Illusion. Illusion then attacked with Confusion that landed, dealing a pretty good amount of damage.

It then used Focus Punch, but luckily I healed Illusion up before it was able to do so. It focused one more time, but Illusion landed a Confusion so it wasn't able to strike with Focus Punch. Reflect unfortunately wore off, which scared me even further because I don't know what move to use next. I healed up Illusion while Primeape missed a Rock Slide. I honestly didn't know what to do anymore since it was charging a Focus Punch. I switched Illusion out with Flora who was able to tank the Focus Punch. It was just a matter of what move Primeape uses. It charges once more, but fails when Flora used Cut! Things were looking up as with another Razor Leaf, Primeape went down!

TO BE CONTINUED (WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!)
    I've finished documenting the rest of the battle, but I decided to cut it here for a cliffhanger. hehe. Click here to find out why.

Flora (Bayleef) Lvl. 27 ♂

Flash (Flaaffy) Lvl. 25 ♀

Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thunder Shock, and Thunder Wave

Illusion (Noctowl) Lvl. 26 ♀

Moves: Uproar, Peck, Reflect, and Confusion

Ena (Krabby) Lvl. 20 ♂

Moves: Surf, Harden, Bubble Beam, and Mud Shot

Snowbound (Togepi) Lvl. 15 ♂

Moves: Growl, Yawn, Extrasensory, and Metronome

Shadria (Eevee) Lvl. 15 ♂

Moves: Tail Whip, Tackle, Helping Hand, and Sand-Attack

ALIVE

Queen (Nidorina) Lvl. 21 ♀

DEAD

#32 Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  13. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    HAHAHAHA! You name a Water Pokémon after me! It's not one I like that well though, so you could say that I'm... Crabby.

I know the feels. My document for my own Diamond Nuzlocke is gone too ;u;

14. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    AHAHAHA! The pun. The pun is too good. xD

I'm so sorry I didn't end up catching a Staryu for you (that rhymed). It was just that my first encounter was a flipping Krabby that I had no choice xD

This is probably the reason why I cut today's chapter. After losing my first document, I decided to write today's chapter instead typing it in my laptop. And since I'm so sleepy now, (trying my best to type here xD) I decided not to type the entire battle instead. Keeping it for the next chapter, heh.

15. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    CHAPTER 4.1 - The Grand Flight

• Continuation of the battle against Chuck
    When I defeated Chuck's Primeape, I faced his Poliwrath with my Bayleef, Flora. Luckily, it decided to charge with Focus Punch which was halted when Flora used Razor Leaf. It used another one again, halted by the same move Flora used as well. Since Flora was on 6 HP, I decided to use a Max Potion I have. To be honest, I panicked and worried when I thought that I had no more potions available. The unsuspecting Poliwrath used Surf, dealing a small amount of damage. It went for another Focus Punch again, disrupted by Razor Leaf. The next turn, it used Body Slam while Flora attacked with Razor Leaf again. It landed a critical hit, resulting in a victory for Hime's team! After the battle, Flora grew to Lvl. 28.

~Hime received the Storm Badge~

I also ended up receiving TM01, containing Focus Punch. After leaving the Gym, I received HM02, Fly! Finally, a new STAB move for Illusion. And good timing! Mom called me, which also reminded me that I'll be flying back home first to tell her to stop taking some of my money. I made Illusion forget Peck in favor of Fly, which is much stronger.

• Flight
    Alright! It was finally time to fly back home. So, I, uh, found out that I have 13 000 Poké dollars there, and thought that, hey, maybe it'll be useful when I need them, so I decided to not withdraw any or tell mom to stop doing so. Anyway, I had to say goodbye to mom and welcome back to Olivine! Since I've only healed up once there, I used up another to prepare for Jasmine. Then, I went back to the Lighthouse to give the medicine to Amphy.

In all honesty, I'm scared for the level of all of my Pokémon. I mean, before the match with Chuck, I'm usually levels higher than the Gym Leader I'm facing. So, I'm really scared. Anyway, Jasmine returned to her Gym where I decided to battle her as well. I also went back to the Center for Queen, switching out Flash. Currently, Queen is the only one who can destroy these Steel-types due to her Double Kick move.

• Training
    Okay, so I'm paranoid, you guys all know that. I'm not taking the risk. I have to train. I didn't actually defeat all of the trainers in the Lighthouse, so I went back there. I also trained and battled trainers while Surfing. And I almost forgot, I think that Queen is ready to become a Nidoqueen now. I mean, I searched for where I could find a Moon Stone, and it said that the Ruins of Alph had them. So, I went there to locate the secret room. While doing so, I decided to teach Flash the move Flash after withdrawing Flash from the PC, switching out Shadria. I made Flash forget Growl to learn Flash.

When I finally found the entrance to the other building-like places of the ruins, I had to decode the hint it gave me. It kinda looked like Aerodactly to be honest, plus, it links up with the hint given to me. So, I started arranging it. It took me hours just to try and do it, and when I finally did, I screamed happily. I fell down from the room into the main ruins and received the Unown Report. So, I had my first encounter here, an Unown. Didn't really care or need it, so I just ran lol.

When I re-entered the puzzle room, I had Flash use Flash, which unlocked a secret room. The room contained a Sitrus Berry, an Energy Root, a Heal Powder, and finally, the Moon Stone! However, if I were to evolve Nidorina now, I was removing the chance it had to learn Poison Fang at Lvl. 58. Was that really my concern? I asked myself. I then realized that maybe I shouldn't evolve Queen yet until much later.

Due to me being unable to decide what to do next, I decided that this chapter will end here for now.

Flora (Bayleef) Lvl. 28 ♂

Flash (Flaaffy) Lvl. 25 ♀

Moves: Tackle, Flash, Thunder Shock, and Thunder Wave

Moves: Uproar, Fly, Reflect, and Confusion

Ena (Krabby) Lvl. 20 ♂

Moves: Surf, Harden, Bubble Beam, and Mud Shot

Queen (Nidorina) Lvl. 22 ♀

Poison Sting, Scratch, Tail Whip, and Double Kick

ALIVE

DEAD

#35 Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  16. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    @⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆
    You forgot to mention that Illusion got Fly in your Team Summary! :) Good luck against Jasmine, she's a toughie.

17. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Oh! I honestly forgot that. You have a good eye :3 Thanks!

18. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Chapter 5 - I'm not Dead!
    • Quick Recap
    So the last time that I played my save, I was at the Ruins of Alph. I wanted to get the Moonstone to evolve Queen, but I decided not to until it reaches Lvl. 58, where it learns Poison Fang. Another order of business is that I was busy training my Pokémon to battle Jasmine. Currently, only Queen has the ability to hit the Steel-types with a super effective move. The 9 months ago me thought it was a good idea to use the Pokémon Center to train, but the me right now thinks that it was such a wasted opportunity. I could've used it to heal before I really fought Jasmine. RIP

• The Boring Part: GRIND GRIND GRIND
    I seriously needed to grind for EXP because everyone in my team is pretty low leveled, to be completely honest. Unfortunately, I was also running out of good places to train in. I was also desperate to find another Water-type Pokémon, so I went to Cherrygrove City and fished up a female Corsola that I nicknamed Ena! @Enasencca We basically have two Enas now hehe. I also taught the Corsola Ena Surf.

In another attempt to make Queen stronger, I finally decided to use the Moon Stone. I realized that even if it does not learn Posion Fang at Lvl. 58 as Nidorina, it can learn Superpower at Lvl. 58 as Nidoqueen, which is much more stronger. Since it is part Ground, I decided to return to the National Park to get the TM for Dig.

I'll continue grinding for now. I just posted this to say that this isn't dead yet lol.

As of now, here are my stats:

Flora (Bayleef) Lvl. 28 ♂

Flash (Flaaffy) Lvl. 26 ♀

Moves: Charge, Flash, Thunder Shock, and Thunder Wave

Moves: Uproar, Fly, Reflect, and Confusion

Ena (Corsola) Lvl. 20 ♀

Moves: Surf, Recover, Refresh, and Rock Blast

Queen (Nidoqueen) Lvl. 24 ♀

Poison Sting, Body Slam, Dig, and Double Kick

Aria (Spinarak) Lvl. 2 ♀

Ena (Krabby) Lvl. 20 ♂

19. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    A CORSOLA NAMED ENA IM IN LOVE THATS ONE OF MY FAVE WATER TYPES AAAAAHHHH

*cough* wish you luck on your grinding! This reminds me, I should continue my W2 nuzlocke...

20. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    I'm glad that you like Corsola and named it after you!! ^^

Yeah, it might actually be a while before I can continue from this chapter. I've run out of good places to train and a lot of my Pokémon are barely prepared. I wish you luck on your W2 nuzlocke as well!