1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hello, everyone! Nice to meet you!

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Aewynessa, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    Hello, everybody! My [user]name is Aewynessa. I was recommended here by a user from FanFiction. I really enjoy writing (obviously) and hope to enjoy sharing it with all of you. I also love to read and play video games in my free time.

While this is my first forum (ever), I hope to come to enjoy the wonderful community here at LV! Feel free to reply with any questions you have for me as long as they're not too personal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Boulderstar2000

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.3
    Funny story, this is my first forum ever and I also was a writer over on Fanfiction! Kinda a ridiculous coincidence, but life is weird like that sometimes. You mentioned you like reading, what's your favorite book you've read so far?

3. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Welcome to the lake, Aewynessa~!
    I really hope that you do share your writing with us in the Literature Library! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Joining a new forum is always a rather earthshaking experience, even if it's something you've been on times before. There's its own culture to adapt to, new people to meet, and without an old friend or a new friend to guide you through it, it can be pretty intimidating. I think it's best described as something rewarding and enriching, but that also takes a lot of getting used to.

So, a quick rundown. Forums are divided up into sections (categories), which contain many threads, each of which is divided into posts. (Too complex?) Based on what you're looking for, or what you'll want to talk about, you'll head towards that section. You're in the Intro Lobby right now, which is where new members introduce themselves.

You mentioned being open to questions; we actually do have a Q&A section, for peeps to either ask questions of others, or put up threads of their own and be asked questions themselves. For example, you could put up the thread, and an example of a question is "How is your username, Aewynessa, pronounced?" ...Seriously, I'd like to know that as I can't figure it out.

As for fan fiction, we have the Literature Library to post any of your writings, past or present, that you wish to share. It need not be strictly fan fiction, either - short stories, poems, and original works easily fit there as well. As for what forum you'd go to for discussing video games, I'll give you three guesses, and the first two don't count.

If you do have time, and haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the Lake Valor Guide. It basically shows you all the features on the forum, how to use them, where to find them, what to do with them, and so on. I myself find that it's a fantastic resource, and if you go through it, I'd like to know what you think.

And, of course, if you have any other questions, feel free to contact any staff member - we are here to help and make sure you love Valor as much as we do. Maybe even more so! Take it easy - you don't need to rush into the experience. Just go at your own pace.

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor! I think you will really like it here and it is a wonderful nice community for a first forum. You should definitely post about the games you play and post your stories here! If you have any questions or need help on the forums PM me any time, I would be happy to help you :D

6. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    Hmm... I guess my favorite book would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, though a really close second is the first Hunger Games book.

Thanks for the wonderful tips! Sure helped me a lot.
    ...As for my name, it's pronounced "Ay-wi-nes-uh". Aewynessa. It's like Vanessa, but with "Ay-wi" instead of "Va".

I do hope so as well! I'll probably get my fic up either tomorrow or Saturday. Look forward to that!
    Thanks so much for the offer! I'll PM you if I have any questions.

Cadbberry likes this.
  7. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Welcome.

8. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Welcome to the site and congrats on your first forum :'D it's a friendly one so you should have lots of people to ask if you need assistance ^ ^

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Welcome aboard @[member="Aewynessa"]! I'm sure you'll have a great time here, I know I always have. B) Stick around!

10. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Welcome fellow ff reader and writer, enjoy the forums and chats

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor! Please do stick around! I love your username!

12. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Welcome to lake valor. Please give the fan fiction a chance here in LV! If you need help you can always message me. Again welcome~

13. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Welcome to LV! Happy to have you!

14. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Welcome to Lake Valor, for a first forum this is a pretty good one, hope you like it here.