1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hello! (First time on a forum in years)

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Wolf Expert, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Hi I'm Wolf Expert, (Wolfy or whatever is fine). Someone on Fanfiction recommended this forum to me and although I haven't been active on any forums for a few years now, I thought I'd give this one a try. So far it looks great so I'll probably try to be at least somewhat active on here. I am very introverted though, so if you message me or reply to a forum post and I don't respond very quickly or at all, I promise it's not personal.

I've been writing a mystery dungeon fanfic for quite a few years now. At the time of this post, it's currently about 3 books long. I'm currently working on the ending to the third book and the prequel to the series. I like to draw, mostly digital art, and I've been looking for a place more responsive to post than DeviantArt, so I'll probably be doing that on here.

If anyone could answer this, that would be great. I do make some things that aren't Pokémon related and I was recently considering starting an art blog on Tumblr. Would linking to it on my profile be okay or would that be considered advertising? I read through all of the rules already and it seemed like linking to things like that could go either way, so I just thought I'd ask.

Well it's been a while since I've been on a forum, so I'm just going to go browse around and try to get used to the site.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    HeroofFire101 likes this.
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,686.5
    Nice to meet you! We have a Literature Library so you can share your Mystery Dungeon FanFic on here. Copy and Paste, no Links! Hope you enjoy the Lake!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Nice to meet you too! I'll probably hold off on uploading my fanfic for now. It would be nice if I could just link to it instead because it's so long, but I might still upload it eventually.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Sorry to say that just linking to you FF is considered advertising. But welcome, Wolfy, to Lake Valor! I hope the discussions and the art here are up to your liking!

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Welcome @Wolf Expert! It's great to have you and I hope you'll stick around

6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Welcome to Lake Valor, I hope you'll have a great time here :D You should post your art in the portfolio section, I'd love to see it.

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Wow I can't believe so many people are posting already. This forum is definitely a lot more active than what I'm used to, so that's a nice change of pace. Thank you all for the nice welcome!

Yeah that's too bad. Would linking to a Tumblr artblog on my profile be okay? Only asking in case I wanted to post some things that weren't Pokémon related. I could hold off on that though if that would be considered advertising too.

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    You can. You can link to your fanfiction profile in your signature too if you want, but if you're sharing your works on LV you should use our Literature Library and Portfolio sections instead of just linking off-site. You can share non-Pokémon works too. :)

9. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Welcome to the lake~
    Hope to see you around~

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Oh cool! I'll probably just hold off on the fanfic for now and upload artwork on here then. Thanks for the response!

11. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor! I saw your portfolio, your art is wonderful! You should check out our DA group!

12. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Thanks! I'm not very active on DA, but I'll check it out.

I checked out the DA page and watched it, but I think I'll hold off on joining for now. Like I said before in my first post, I'm really introverted so I wouldn't want to join a group before being sure if I'll be active in it. This is only my first day on the forum after all.

#12 Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
    Cadbberry likes this.
  13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    'Wolfy', huh? What an interesting coincidence - for reasons you will probably find out shortly.

I can feel your enthusiasm jumping off of your words - you seem to be very excited about the prospect of joining this forum, and pursuing it wholeheartedly. Is there any particular area you'd like to start at before branching out - perhaps to 'get your feet wet' as you get used to the forum?
    On a side note, if live chats are your sort of things, there's also a Discord server we have available for your use. Either way, whatever questions, comments, or other things you wish to mention or ask, you can always ask them and we'll be glad to assist and answer. I hope you enjoy LV as much as many before you have, and find a place comfortable enough for you to consider settling down with.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    So I did find out a little while ago while browsing around that there is another user who goes by "Wolfey" but that was just something I noticed in passing. I've used the name Wolf Expert for years and since someone on Fanfiction, where I use the same name, suggested this forum to me, I figured I'd stick with it. Wolfy is the username that just sort of developed from it between some of my friends, but it feels a little weird since I haven't gone by that in years.

I have looked around a little in the Artist's Loft a bit. I started a portfolio and replied to a couple of other forums. Aside from that, I'm not sure what else I'd want to do at the moment. I am interested in the discord server though, since I'm on discord pretty much daily. I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with being in a voice chat with people I don't really know, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. Could you send me the link to the server? Or is it available somewhere else on the forum?

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    You can find the link at the top of the page, where it says 'Chatroom'; click on that. To save you a bit of time, here also is the link directly: https://lakevalor.net/discord
    Joining the server this way will automatically verify you (to confirm you joined via the forum) and set your nickname up and everything.

We mostly use Discord for text chatting, though sometimes you may find people willing to voice chat. It is neither a requirement nor an obligation, though, so do only as much as you're comfortable with.

16. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Awesome, thanks!

17. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Yeah, you're welcome to link to your tumblr in your profile description. I'm planning on adding a few links myself since LV isn't the only website I'm on. If you do post your stories though, I'd adore it if you could paste them here instead -- we really try not to direct people offsite through threads/posts! Your bio/profile is fair game, though, for the most part.

Welcome otherwise Wolfy. :D Glad to see you're conversing with people already and hopefully that lasts. =)

18. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I'm a little late on this but welcome to LV!