1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hello Lake Valor

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Bokurei, Oct 15, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bokurei

Bokurei Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.0
    Hello there, I'm Bokurei, it's nice to meet you. I been suggested about this site from DeviantArt from someone named Valake, so thank you for that~ This looks to be an exciting community and I'd love to join and meet new people and also show my art around to more people. :)

More information about me, I suppose... I'm a fan of Pokémon, even my username is after a Pokémon in japanese, Bokurei = Phantump. My first Pokémon game was Pokémon red even though I was born a little late. I played all versions of Pokémon, and my favourite one is Black 2 & White 2, I love Unova for the music, the Pokémon design, story, gameplay and the region itself! I play competitive Pokémon from time to time and excited about generation 7's metagame as well as all the new Pokémon being introduced in sun/moon. I have a variety of favourite Pokémon, but it's safe to assume that Phantump is one of them~

Apart from that, I do a lot of drawing, especially Pokémon, I also draw landscapes and other types of backgrounds, I noticed there's a portfolio/art subforum, so I shall post some arts that I posted on DeviantArt that I like the most, so hopefully you'll look forward to that~

Hmm, I don't really know what else to say... but nice to meet you guys!

2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Nice to meet you! I would be Valake on DeviantArt :D I am so glad you took my invitation to join! You have such a great Pokémon history and I really love your art! I hope to see you around and in the portfolio section :D If you need any help feel free to ask! Also if you wanna display your art more be sure to check out the DA Group!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Hello! Welcome to Lake Valor!
    I'm really excited to see your art! Unova is pretty cool and so is Phantump! (You must like our Halloween background, huh? haha)
    Anyhow, I hope you enjoy it here! Feel free to ask any questions if you have any!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    You definitely joined at the right time - perfect season for a Phantump lover. We're a friendly bunch, so don't hesitate to jump into any conversations. I'm also more than happy to help should you need anything. Welcome to Lake Valor!

5. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hello there and welcome! I have no idea what else to say other that and agreeing that Unova and Phantump are fantastic! Yay!

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Every so often I reach a new member who hasn't been shown all the sites yet - usually everyone else tends to beat me to it.

But now I have an opportunity; welcome Bokurei! Allow me to give you the rundown of all that Lake Valor has to offer:

:: Up in our 'foyer', so to speak, the Information Desk is a notice board apprising us all of new changes to Lake Valor itself, particularly in regards to the forum's appearance and functionality, as well as small other goings-on that affect our day-to-day proceedings, such as current or upcoming events.

:: We also have a support desk for asking questions that are unclear, learning more technical aspects of the forum's inner workings, or even just "that there is a little weird, I wonder what that means?" It's more like knowing what makes our forum, our forum.

:: The Question & Answer hub is where you can ask questions of members to learn more about them, and/or you can set up a booth yourself so that others may learn more about you. It's essentially a nexus of trivia or other small factoids about members, but it's interesting to learn how people think and act.

:: There's also a market for those who wish to set up shop to sell banners to potential buyers, utilising our own fictional currency, PokéPoints. (You get those with every post you make and then some, so there's no shortage of these points until Danny DeVito's ghost arises from his grave once every year to exact his terrible vengeance.)

:: The Artist's Loft as a whole is the place for creative minds to go forth, burst out, and soar. Between the graphic arts (paper, tablet, or any other kind of medium), literature (both to share and to find resources), or even just a bit of relaxing role-play to exercise your mental energies, this would be where you would rest to stimulate your mind.

:: The Pokémon Center is dedicated to the discussion of the Pokémon franchise, subdivided into various other sections based on the particular game or time. More precedence is given to the more current or upcoming games, but none is left out entirely.

:: As we come to the end we come to other forums of discussion revolved around other types of personal interests. Entertainment & Multimedia is devoted to discussion topics on a number of matters, such as video games, music, television, anime, manga, and technology. For those that fit into none of the above quite distinctly, there's always the Hangout Café to talk about whatever comes to your mind.

:: And if you just need to relax or goof off, there's always the Game Corner and Spambox, which are exactly what they sound like.

:: Lastly, there's the largest hub - or should I say hubbub - of activity on Lake Valor itself, that being our personal chat room, hosted over the Discord client. (It can be found at the top of the page under the Social header, near to the rest of Valor's social media outlets.) I perceive you've stopped by there before, but it is by far the quickest way to know and be known by our familial base.

This should be a decent starting point for you to branch out and explore all that the Lake has to offer. Thanks for choosing to stop by here, and we all hope you'll enjoy your time here for all it's worth!

7. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Yooo it's awesome to see a new face here!! I bet you'll fit right in.

I can't wait to see your works and get to know you! Is Phantump your favorite Pokémon? What about your favorite type?

If you want to look around, feel free, and of course, we staff are here to answer any questions you have. If you're feeling inspired, you might even want to check our events section for our lovely Oktober Fest going on! Hope to see you around. < 3

8. Bokurei

Bokurei Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.0
    Well it's not my most favourite but it's one of my favourites, though my favourite type is Steel.

Thank you everyone else for welcoming me >w< I shall take a look around

9. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Looks like the others have already shown you around a lot, but I'd still like to welcome you, Bokurei! LV is a great place filled with wonderful people, so I'm sure you'll make some friends here :D
    Did you make a Portfolio yet? I'd love to see your art!

I hope you enjoy your stay! o7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.