1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hello LV

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Verzerrung, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Verzerrung

Verzerrung Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.4
    Hello! My name is Verzerrung, I have been around Pokémon forums for the past 10 years and have seen many go down. I figured I might give it a shot at trying to get to know another community. On my spare time I enjoy doing web-development and graphic design and occasionally a bit of gaming.

2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hello Verzerrung! Welcome to LV! Enjoy your stay!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Verzerrung likes this.
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think I've seen that style of art from your avatar before, but I can't place where I've seen it, or who it is. It's quite pretty, though.

How good of you to join us at our little community, Verzerrung. Web design is certainly an admirable discipline - and something not often seen nowadays!

What have you come here to find, and how may I assist you? I can field any questions you have.

Verzerrung likes this.
  4. Verzerrung

Verzerrung Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.4
    I'm around a couple of forums. Thank you! I definitely agree. I'm not here for any particular reason. I have my own forum, I just thought I'd checkout how this forum and to just experience the Xenforo software for the first time.

5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Xenforo is great. I enjoy it's UI very much.
    GFX designer: GIMP? CS6? How'd you get into it?
    Web Design: What languages do you know? How'd you start up on this path?

Graphics+ coding makes you the proverbial "fullstack dev" which is a great quality so I wish you the best in that. Lake Valor is a great place and I hope you find something to stick around with us here at the Lake.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to approach me. :]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Verzerrung likes this.
  6. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I recognize it too. You may know that artist by namface or namie, they make some pretty awesome art!

Hi Verserrung, welcome to the Lake! I'm glad you decided to check us out ^_^ I hope you enjoy your time here!

Verzerrung likes this.
  7. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Welcome to the lake~
    I think you'll like it here~
    See you around~

Verzerrung likes this.
  8. Verzerrung

Verzerrung Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.4
    The UI is nice, especially compared to BulbaGarden, they really are not maxing it's potential compared to here. I started out using GIMP, but I couldn't learn well from it. I mainly learned on CS2 and currently use CS6. I would say I started everything back around 2011 when I started off my own forum PHPBB, then IPB, MyBB, Forumotion, and pretty much any other software there was at the time. I only know CSS/HTML, but leaning PHP at the moment. My skill level is mediocre in a sense, but I'll tear through every template and all settings to accomplish what I set out to do. Currently I have my own forum running Vb 4.2.5. That's where I sit at the moment and I'm rather content. However, I'm always trying to learn.

Thank you, Lux! :)

9. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Interesting. I know a bunch of the BG folk and while they have a nice set up, I don't enjoy their themes/UI very much either. I used GIMP for around 2 years and while I knew it was limited, I used PS tutorials to learn stuff which is sweet since I can do a ton now that I Have CS6 (used CS2 briefly as well.) I poked around on various boards as well using proboard, forumotion,zetaboard which was definitely helpful when learning new things.

I wish you the best at learning what you want to, it's not easy feat but the reward is satisfying. I have a Discord too so hit me up on there if you ever are interested in chatting once you join the server.

Cheers.

Verzerrung likes this.
  10. Verzerrung

Verzerrung Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.4
    I never really visited there too often, so I can't speak too much of how things are there. I also used CS4 for a while. I have no idea how I forgot about Zetaboards, I used them so much. When I got into designing my home forum was actually "OutlineForum", you may of heard of it and then Zathyus Network (competitor) and I believe GFX as well. They had tons of resources for code, graphics, modifications... It was a great place up until closure. I have no idea what I want do, I just dabble in a bit of everything. Thanks again and I'll have to set that up.

11. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Dabbling is definitely a skill. Hope to see you around soon.

Verzerrung likes this.
  12. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Hello Verzerrung, welcome to the lake!

Verzerrung likes this.
  13. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    That's pretty awesome. I wish I had the time and patience to do stuff like design graphics. I used to use a couple web designing websites a long time ago, but that's about it.

Anyways, welcome to Lake Valor. Feel free to shoot me a message if you need help around here or just want to chat :)
    See ya around.

Verzerrung likes this.
  14. Verzerrung

Verzerrung Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.4
    Oh it definitely takes patience. haha I hate it sometimes, but it is often worth it at the end. Thank you, happy to be here. :)

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'll make a note of that. The name does sound vaguely familiar...

Xenforo's a bit of an interesting beast, though we've been trying to tout a couple of our own things to go along with it. At the very least it's more comely than IPB, based on my experiences here with both of them - though it did take some time to iron all the kinks out.

There's nothing wrong with simple curiosity, and I hope said curiosity takes you a very long way.

Verzerrung likes this.
  16. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Welcome to LV, Verzerrung! We're glad that you joined. I love GFX and gaming too, it's a nice way to relax and embrace creative outlets. Hope you have a splendid dive into the community! :)

Verzerrung likes this.
  17. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    welcome to the lake! i've seen the picture of your avatar online before while fanart hunting, and it's reaaaally pretty <3 did you draw it??

Verzerrung likes this.
  18. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Like the rest said, welcome to LV!

Verzerrung likes this.
  19. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Welcome here new person!
    I read all that you and Vig said about web design and all. I'm not sure I understood half of it though x)
    Enjoy your stay.

20. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Hey there! Welcome to the Lake! Hope to see you around!