1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hello?

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Deedee the Ranger, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Um, hi. I'm Deedee. Just interested in looking around and exploring the Pokémon fandom more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    *Hello Deedee! Welcome to Lake Valor.
    I hope you have a great time here, and i hope to be friends with you someday.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Deedee the Ranger likes this.
  3. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
  4. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    ehe, thanks!

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Hi Deedee! Welcome to the Lake ^_^ Feel free to ask around if you have any questions!

6. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Thanks! Out of curiosity - does anyone know where I should go to learn about/ask about the thing that says 'Youngster' under my profile? I'd like to change it, but I'm not sure where to go (though I'm still looking around for answers on my own).

7. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    *You can't change it until you get a staff position. It will also change automatically to something else when you get more posts.

8. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Ah, okay then. Curses! I was hoping to change it to Pokémon Ranger... oh well, can't win 'em all. Thanks, @Torian680.

9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Welcome to the LV family Deedee! It's fantastic that you joined. I hope you have fun exploring more of the community and have a nice dive through the forums. You should check out our Discord chat too! ^_^

10. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    ehehe, thanks Bloom! I'd check out the discord but my desktop is broken, and my laptop can't handle it rn ;-; . I'll be sure to give it a look once I get it fixed though!

11. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Welcome to LV Deedee! Super cute username by the way! I hope you enjoy our little home here, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone else, we would love to help you out! <3

12. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Welcome to the lake Deedee! Excited to see you around!

13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Hello @Deedee the Ranger ! I'm so glad you're joining us! What kind of stuff interests you? Pokémon art? Pokémon fan fic? We also have a pretty cool catcher system where we can catch Pokémon and train them to level up by posting around here :D

To answer your question, yes you can change those EVEN if you are not a staff member. Just go to the Shop > User Upgrades and click on "User Title Formatting." It is 20 PokePoints (LV's currency) and you already have 21! You can then change it to whatever you want. If you buy it and need help changing it to a text you want, just tag me and I'll help you out :D

https://lakevalor.net/dbtech-shop/user-upgrades.12/shop
    That's the link to go the above mentioned place in the shop :)

You should also join our Discord chatroom if you get a moment :)

Vig.

14. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Welcome to the lake~
    I'm sure you'll enjoy it here~
    See you around~

15. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    YES! That's awesome, thank you!

Vigilance likes this.
  16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Gah, Vigilance beating me to answering questions again. I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but I still am - and that may be my downfall.

You seem to have been around the lake for quite some time already - a whopping 34 posts in such a short amount of time. I'm rather late to the initial hellos, but I can ask now: how are you enjoying the place? Is it to your liking? Do you have a favourite bit, or perhaps there's still something in particular you're looking for?

17. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Ahaha! I know exactly how you feel - always a second too late to help. I'm just a bit post-happy at the moment, I'm sure I'll slow down a bit in time. I'm really enjoying Lake Valor, it's one of the cleanest and smoothest thread/post sites I've ever tried, and it looks like a keeper. I especially like the catching Pokémon thing, I don't know how they've done it but it's a work of genius!

I'm looking into RP's and doing requests at the moment. I like making maps and sprite art, but one of my computers broke the other day so I don't know how long it'll take before I can do much.

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm glad to see you think that. LV does try to be rather clean and user-friendly overall, so it's good to hear that it seems to be doing just that for you. It's rather conducive to you, it seems.

It involved black magic. The less you know, the better.

Role plays, eh? I believe the role-play section is fairly active, so you could probably join one or pick up a new one fairly quickly; one-on-ones can start with comparatively little planning time. As for the sprite art, I see your current avatar is some sort of plant bud done in sprite art; are those the kinds of things you do? Or do you branch out (pun intended) to other categories as well?

I hope your computer gets fixed soon. Not having one available can be a source of frustration.

19. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    I hope my computer gets fixed soon, too... the motherboard is looking like it needs to be replaced, which really, really sucks because it's out of date (nobody sells it).

My avatar is an original Pokémon I made a sprite for last year, Blilli. I like making sprites but I have trouble coming up with ideas...

I branch out into a lot of stuff! I'm researching ways to make my own Pokémon fangame since it looks like fun and I have a few ideas for that. I also like DnD style games and DM for a private group chat when we're up to a game. Tbh there's so much I do that it would be silly to list it all. If Pokémon is involved, I'm all for it, essentially.

I'm really nervous about starting RPs, though - it's the one thing I've avoided up until now. I think I'll just look at other threads until I know entirely what it's about.

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Are you nervous because it's something new and unsure to you, or because you're afraid you might not do a good job? If it's the latter, I don't think you need to be worried about it; I know who most of the general role-play crowd are here, and they're generally very friendly and accommodating people. The form of a role play might be something to learn or to get used to, but after that, people are always glad to have others join in.