1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Help With Choosing Moves?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Nova Ozuka, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Right, so I'm writing a battle for one of my characters, Jackson Powers, who currently has a Luxio named Atlas and a Growlithe named Argos. He's currently battling Li at Sprout Tower, and has effectively OHKO'd every Bellsprout he face + the only Hoothoot he faced on his way up. As a result, I'm having Li use Meditite and Spinda instead as they can also be found in Sprout Tower in HGSS.

I've already more or less taken care of Meditite in their battle, and now I'm down to writing Spinda's portion of the battle. What makes Spinda so hard to write is that it's an all-rounder stat-wise. What are some moves I could give Li's Spinda to make the battle interesting?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    How about having it use Copycat? It copies the opponent's last move, and that could throw a curveball. If not, Spinda has plenty of moves that make the opponent confused - and confusion can hurt. A lot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Well, Copycat, as much as I like the move, wouldn't do much here.

Atlas knows Charge, Shock Wave, Iron Tail, and Spark. Argos knows Leer, Ember, Flame Wheel, and Iron Tail. First, Spinda's tail is too short to effectively use Iron Tail, and second, all of the moves he can copy aren't very effective. Finally, I usually try to avoid Confusion effects, and even if I didn't, Jack can still switch out Atlas for Argos and vice versa as it is a Single Battle, meaning the Confusion Status by itself is useless until either Argos or Atlas get KO'd.