1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Help with team decisions!

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Iako, Oct 31, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iako

Iako Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Hello,

So I have been kind of torn with some of the Pokémon on my team, and I just can't decide which one to choose for each slot. I have alternated them out a bunch, but I just can't seem to be able to choose which ones I like the best! I am going to put / in between the Pokémon that I alternate out, and I am going to put _ in between the slots, if that makes any sense XD

Tyranitar/Rypherior _ Salemance/Dragonite/Garchomp _ Machamp/Gallade/Lucario _ Infernape/Blazekin

I then have 2 filler slots that have so many options that they can (will) be their own threads

Don't worry about Ev's/Iv's, because they are high enough that you can compare them solely on the Pokémon themselves. Please tell me your opinions. Thanks!

2. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I personally would go for Blaziken+Tyranitar+Salamence+Lucario.

The best lead for you team would be Blaziken in my opinion. I haven't tried many of those Pokémon so I may be wrong, but I think they can work well together. Mega Blaziken gets some speed boosts and Swords Dances. I'd choose Baton Pass and maybe Blaze Kick for its other two moves.

When you think your enemy might try to hit you with a Flying/Psychic type move (which are two of Blaziken's weaknesses), then Baton Pass to Tyranitar and finish your enemy off with Stone Edge, Earthquake, Crunch or Pursuit (in case your enemy tries to switch out).

When you think your enemy might try to hit you with a Ground/Water type move (which are two of Blaziken's weaknesses), then Baton Pass to Salamance. Salamence would be really nice, especially if it's switching into a physical attacker. Intimidate becomes really handy and allows you to take more hits. It has decent Attack and Special Attack so you could use it as a mixed sweeper.

I'd choose Lucario for the 4th Pokémon. Lucario has both a decent Attack and Special Attack stat so you could even use it as a mixed sweeper if you wish. Lucario's only problem is its Speed, but thanks to a Baton Pass from Speed Boost Mega Blaziken, you can easily remove that weakness. Lucario also has three priority moves so now that I think about it, Speed wasn't really that bad (lolwut).

This all just looks good on paper, but it might not work as well in a real battle. Do try it out for yourself if you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Iako

Iako Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Thanks for the advice!

I will definitely give it a shot and see how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.