1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    But here's my number, so call me maybe

For many people, friendships are something that take months - if not years - to form. Have you ever met someone that just "clicks" with you? Someone who you've been drawn to from the first meeting and have liked ever since?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    No. It takes a while to gain my trust, and even friendship something rare unless I can trust you beyond just normal boundaries. Otherwise, it's the comrade for you. But, I have forced myself to make such comrades. Without someone to talk to, I've found myself wallowing in dark places within my mind. So, all I want is just someone to talk to. It's not easy, and it makes me seem rash when I'm scared of them, but I don't want to be negative. I just want a reason to smile.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    There's one, but I can't say I fully trust her yet. We talked a bit and made a couple of jokes, and I can say that she's a nice person, but nothing more than that. It's been four months since we met, though, and we're in the same class, so I guess it really wasn't a day-one thing, but a day-fourteen thing.

4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    For my friendships, it usually takes months for me to go from, "Ok this person seems to be nice" to "Oh, actually like this person as a friend" but there was one exception and we've now been friends for almost six years and I think our friendship is only growing

5. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Well, recently I met this guy who seemed to click with me. He was very bright and talkative and charismatic, and then I found out he was just like that with everyone else. And then I found out he sent my homework to one of his friends because they hadn’t done the homework. Yeah, something tells me he’s a little sketchy and not exactly the greatest friend.

The truth is it takes two years for me to form solid, irl friendships where we can talk about anything and everything and trust that we’ve got each other’s backs. Generally, I don’t trust people until I’ve known them for a year, and after that I’m cautious. I guess I just have trouble forming instant friendships because I’ve been manipulated a couple times by people who I thought were really close, and then I realized the friendship wasn’t mutual. I’m also on guard because I’m always moving, and I’ve discovered certain types of people are always the same. Some might call me closed off, but it’s really just a defense mechanism.

Once I do trust my friends though, I’m the most loyal person you’ll ever meet. I’m a ride or die kind of gal and I love my friends so much!! I can count the people I truly trust on one hand but they’re the ones I’ll always be there for.

6. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I've met a handful of people that I've just instantly clicked with. A lot of it has to do with the immediacy principle which is that we're closer/more likely to befriend people that we have more in common with so I take that a step further when I reason that people you meet in a setting with something in common (like if you're a foodie and meet someone in the restaurant) can play a big part in hastening how easily you click.

7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Um... someone I've been drawn to from the first meeting..?
    I'm not sure if this counts but, I made a friend on wattpad once. She seemed very kind and we used to chat a lot. She even called me 'nee-chan'. And then, from wattpad to facebook.
    We were too close at that time but not anymore. We dont chat anymore. Too rarely. Too too rarely.
    Hm, people change.