1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 4 HGSS Togepi

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ShinigamiMiroku, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Okay, so I've saved, received the Mysterious Egg from the assistant, and hatched it several times, and it always comes out a Calm-natured male with Hustle. Is that thing locked from the start of the game, when I get the 'egg' item from Mr. Pokémon, or am I just unlucky?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    This was the entry on serebii:

[​IMG]

The nature is listed as ??? so it looks like that's random. I'm pretty sure as soon as you get an egg, the Pokémon inside it is already determined, so unless you're reloading it to before you get the egg each time, I'm not sure. At the very least, you can breed it as soon as you get to the daycare since there are ditto around that same route.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Did you save after you get the egg? I think it may be one of those eggs that locks the stats, nature, gender and IVs when you get it. I'm not 100% sure tho so you may need to look around for some info.

Togepi can't breed so he needs to evolve it first which typically happens between Lv. 20-30 depending on how much attention you've given to raising its happiness.

4. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Level 20 by goldenrod isn't too difficult, and there are the haircut brothers there too, so still shouldn't be too difficult.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I saved before going into the PokeMart to accept the egg, and that's the baffling bit.

6. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    From what I've read by Googling a little the egg is set so it seems you're stuck with what you get, even if there's a few different answers but it seems way too weird that you would keep getting the same nature over and over.

Gonna ask one more time just to be sure so sorry if it annoys you, you never once saved doing the process of hatching the egg right?

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Nope. Saved before picking up the Egg. I've done hatch-manipulation before, so maybe it's just my usual bad luck (seriously, you should see my FEHeroes barracks), but I've never seen this phenomenon.

I'm trying one more time, and if it comes with the same everything I'll just breed one (was gonna anyway because Extrasensory is awesome, but this adds an extra step).

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    It could be that it locks after you get it from Mr. Pokémon like you said, but that's really strange.

9. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Yeah it could be that the egg is just locked now sadly, now I need to test this out the next time I play HGSS because this sounds really weird. The egg is not generated when you get it from Mr. Pokémon is just a key item iirc so this just sounds really weird. I can understand getting the same gender since female togepi is rare and is 50/50 for abilities but nature there's so many different natures that that one at the very least should be different.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah, I just confirmed it's my horrible luck. Gender and ability didn't change, but the nature was Sassy this time.

11. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    That's some serious bad luck you got there for ending with the same nature all the time, thought for a moment Game Freak had been cruel or something and locked the egg in some way.

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Tell me about it... it was so weird. I don't think GF would do that, though (except possibly for legendaries).

13. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    I don't see them doing something like that intentionally, but it could have always been a glitch since usually an egg is what it is the moment you get it. If it somehow registered as you having the egg when you first get the "mystery egg" then if you saved any time between then and actually getting and hatching the egg, I can see it glitching out like that. Well good thing that wasn't the case. That is some seriously bad luck though.

14. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Dome Fossil ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★
    I always liked the Togepi it reminded me of Misty’s and it evolved quickly with me for my brother I don’t know what he did but it evolved at lv. 8 for him and evolved at lv. 16 for me.