1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hidden Grottos

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by TheBlazingInfernape, Nov 7, 2016.

1. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Remember these? Yeah Hidden Grottos are narrow passageways on some routes in B/W/B2/W2 that had Pokémon or items. What was so special about these Pokémon? Well, these Pokémon were not only rare, but they had their hidden abilities as well. I never really used this feature in Black and White but In Black 2 and White 2, I abused the heck out of it? What do you think on Hidden Grottos?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I hunted for these things, the Pokémon I got were really great or at least good for collecting Pokémon. I didn't even remember BW having them but in BW2 I was all over that scene. A lot of the hidden abilities were just too good to pass up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    They were pretty cool, I remember being thrilled when I'd find a rare-ish Pokémon in one, since most of the time it was a crappy item or nothing at all.

4. TheBlazingInfernape

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Yeah the hidden abilities were great. I mean, who could pass up Toxic Boost Zangoose or Multiscale Dragonite? I wouldn't even think about not passing it up. Also I made a mistake, they are only in Black 2 and White 2, whoops XD.

5. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    yeah that sounds about right, I do think it was a way to get better Pokémon though you didn't really need them as this generation wasn't too tough for battles, though it was appreciated for breeding and transferring Pokémon.

6. TheBlazingInfernape

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    The Pokémon you could get from the Hidden Grottos that were worth your time were obtained near the end of the game or post-game. Even then, that Dragonite was a 1% to even find, not to mention the 20% chance you'd actually find a Pokémon. That doesn't change the fact that these were still pretty darn cool. The levels of the Pokémon were crazy, most areas had Pokémon in Grottos that were either Level 55 or 60! Almost as powerful as the Champion's Pokémon.

Cadbberry likes this.
  7. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    They did also contain some helpful items, like evolution stones and rare candies, which is something I liked a bit more since I usually had a solid team by that point. Though a powerful Pokémon was always welcome

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I personally never used them. It was more that they simply not interested me, than willful not wanting to use them. Not to mention I just forgot that they existed. But B2/W2 had some interesting things in the game.

9. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Don't forget in Giant Chasm the Hidden Grotto location was moved and you could walk through the trees