1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hime's Adventure for the Golden ❤ Heart

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by ShireHime, Aug 21, 2017.

1. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Welcome to the story based on my HeartGold Nuzlocke!

I had this idea a while ago, but I never really found time to do this due to the amount of exams that have been popping up one after the other. Believe me, I got really stressed there, and it's only the first semester! Anyway, as a way to unwind before we reach another school event, I decided to novelize write a story about my Pokémon Nuzlocke in HeartGold. I'll be adding a few twists and turns in the story, but I'll make sure that the entire story remains the same.

I'd love to get some opinion from you guys as well! Please tell me in this thread your thoughts about this idea and what I should improve on further.

Let's just get to the basic premise of the story, shall we?

Basic Premise

Hime was born to a family of two Pokémon Trainers. Ever since she was a child, she has always been very sickly. Her parents tried their best to look for the best doctors in the world to heal her, but unfortunately, nothing worked.

Her father began to travel the world in hopes of making her sickly daughter get better soon, leaving Hime to her mother. However, even though Hime is sickly, she is very smart. She knows many things about Pokémon and dreams to get one of her own someday.

After reading a book about the legends of Johto, Hime learned about Ho-oh, a Legendary Pokémon that glows in seven different colors. But that wasn't what interested Hime the most. The book also said that anyone who sees it will gain eternal happiness.

With that one statement, Hime began to wonder, will it be able to help her? All she had was her hopes and conviction to become healthy again. Then she decided that she should make her next move.

To become a Pokémon Trainer. To track down Ho-oh and gain eternal happiness.

Those were the words that echoed in her mind. This is where her hunt for the Golden Heart begins.

Hime's Adventure for the Golden ❤ Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTERS
    Chapter 1 - The Beginning
    Chapter 2 - Two Worlds

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Mandriel likes this.
  2. KenitohMenara

KenitohMenara School Kid

Philomena
    (Ponyta)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.5
    Hey Hime,

A Nuzlocke story eh? Colour me intrigued. I would love to get in on this story.

Your protagonists motivations are a great idea as well, just make sure that you bring it up consistently enough (for example, coughing fits, maybe some battles lost due to her illness, etc.) because it does sound interesting

Just wondering... how much of a role will the father play in your story? After all it does seem like he will has some role because he's going out to find a cure for his daughter but I wanted to now how you were going to spin this.

Looking forward to the story Hime, as I said... colour me intrigued

Kenitoh

3. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Yup! The story will be inspired by my own Nuzlocke run right here:
    https://lakevalor.net/threads/heartgold-himes-golden-adventure-nuzlocke.17518/

Basically, all of the events in the story will depend on how my Nuzlocke will go, with a few twists and turns here and there to make the story a bit more interesting.

For her father, I really don't know how big his role will be. I mean, in HeartGold, the player character's father never appears, so maybe he won't have too much of a big role. Although it'd be interesting to find out what he will be doing for Hime, that's for sure.

Thanks so much for the interest! :3

4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    CHAPTER 1 - The Beginning
    Nothing would make Hime happier than getting better and getting healthy. She is a very sickly child; Hime has lost most of her childhood because of this. She'd often be frustrated and angry of herself. She blames herself for being unable to run around and feel the calming wind outside their house. She blames herself for not being able to mingle with other kids at her age. She blames herself for being this person that always burdens her parents instead of helping them.

Although she is sickly, Hime is a very smart girl. She loves to read books about Pokémon and dreams of getting her own when she was still a child. Her mother thought that getting her own Pokémon and going in a journey might help her in some way, so she decided to talk to Professor Elm about this. However, even if Hime receives a Pokémon right now, she had lost all hope that she'd ever get better anyway.

Things changed though, and a door towards a better future has just opened for Hime. Ho-oh, the Legendary Pokémon might just be what she needs. Its magnificent wings that glow in seven colors isn't what Hime wants to see though. She wants Ho-oh to grant her eternal happiness. She believes that maybe Ho-oh can help her become better. And so, this is where Hime's hunt for Ho-oh begins.

"Hime," a calming voice and a light tug woke up Hime, "you need to wake up. Professor Elm's waiting for you." Hime's mother had a bright smile in her face, coupled with the bright light coming from the sun.

Hime began to get up, stretching her arms. She began to wear a much more cheerful demeanor than usual which was noticed by her mother. "You seem... awfully happy today," her mother said, happy to see her daughter smiling again after many years. Hime smiled once more, "Well, I figured today is a good day, since I'm getting my first Pokémon after all these years."

Her mother nodded as she was busy fixing Hime's wardrobe, "That certainly is something to celebrate. You should hurry up so that you can get breakfast before you leave for Professor Elm."

Hime began to get ready. She took a bath and probably for the first time in ages, put on an outdoor outfit. Her outfit consisted of a red, long sleeve shirt paired with a navy blue jumper. She wore knee-high socks and red sneakers. She began to brush her hair afterwards, stylizing it into a ponytail jutting out as a curve. Hime eagerly ran downstairs in order to get a hearty breakfast. Bacon and eggs were one of the dishes and was one of her favorites. The sight of seeing them in the dining table made Hime even happier.

Just as she was about to sit down in her chair, she went into another coughing fit, worrying her mother. "Are you alright?" her mother running towards her.

"I'm fine," she said, coughing, "this is just the usual." It took a few moments before her coughing ended, relieving her mother. "Thank goodness," she said, "your coughs always worry me."

Hime finally sat down on the table, smelling the good aroma coming from the dishes at the table.

"Eat up dear, you're probably in for a long day," her mother said.

Hime began to wonder, "A long day? What do you mean?"

Her mother's face turned quite sad, "I didn't mention your current condition to Professor Elm," she sighed, "I thought that might take the fun out of the adventure you want to make."

Hime sliced the yolk in half, letting a portion of the yolk ooze out. "You're not the only one who kept something a secret from someone, mom," Hime thought, guilty of not telling her mother her true intentions for wanting to go in a journey. Hime kept silent, which was noticed by her mother.

"You okay dear?" she asked, "your mood seems to have changed once more."

Hime looked at her mother and put on another smile, "I'm fine mom! I just had a strange thought." Her mother wasn't buying the act, but she decided that it was best to play along. "What were you thinking of?"

Hime gulped, "Oh, um, well," she whispered, trying to think of an excuse, "you see, I, uh..."

It took Hime a few seconds before she was able to respond, "I'm, uh, having a hard time choosing my Pokémon!"

Her mother noticed her act, once again, playing along, "Really? If it helps, my starter Pokémon was Chikorita, I mean, Rita."

Hime continued acting, her eyes opening wide in surprise, "You chose Chikorita? You never told me that!"

"Well," her mother giggled, "what did you think of Rita when you first saw her?"

"A Pokémon that dad left for you," Hime explained, embarrassed. Her mother began to laugh really hard, almost as if she was about to cry.

"Ahhh," she flicked her eyes to remove the water that has formed, "your father chose Cyndaquil, silly!"

"Oh, he chose Cinder as his Pokémon?" Hime asked, "Shall I choose Totodile this time?"

Her mother gave Hime a pat in the back, "You don't have to do that to complete the starters though," her mother stood up to get Hime a glass of water, "it all depends on whom you are most comfortable with." Her mother went back to the table to give Hime the glass of water; the latter nodding as a way of saying thank you.

After finally finishing her breakfast, Hime began to stand up, "Mom," she said, "I'll be going now." With that, she began to take her yellow bag and her white had with a large red ribbon. As she was about to leave for the door, her mother held her hand.

"Hime," she calmly said, pulling her daughter back before tightly hugging her. "I want you to know that I'll always be here for you, dear," her mother said, causing Hime to hug her back.

Her mother had a form of attachment that she was afraid of letting her daughter go out and discover the world. For her, it felt like all her life just revolved around her and that she was afraid that she might never see her again. Her only child. After the two hugged, her mother took Hime's hands and placed a Pokégear in it. "Take this. It has my number, so you can call me anytime," her mother said, smiling.

Hime smiled, "I'll make sure to call you from time to time," before leaving and closing the door.

Hime had a new world right in front of her; a world that she has not explored for many years until now. Children were out and about, playing with Pokémon. Children on their bikes were all around and many people were walking on the streets. New Bark Town was the town of many beginnings and the town where Professor Elm's lab is located. For the first time in ages, Hime really felt like she was lost in her own town. She had no idea where to go. All she can see were the many walkways and paths that led to different places.

She thought that she was able to handle herself, but her thoughts proved her wrong. Right now, she is currently in the middle of a labyrinth, at least for her. She couldn't figure out which direction to head for. The new world that she saw was too much for her to handle in one look. Slowly, her legs began to shake, making her feel weak. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't ask others for help because she hasn't talked to anybody else but her family for years.

By a stroke of fate, a guy just happened to see her on the path, noticing Hime trembling in fear. He began to ask her, "Hey, um, are you alright?"

Hime shrieked as she began to; the guy raised his arms in defense. Hime didn't know how to reply, and if she did know how to, she'd probably think that she should just keep silent because she doesn't want to say something wrong. Hime's stress only went away when she heard the cute yelping of a Marill beside the guy. The guy tried to talk to her once more, "Um, are you doing fine?"

"I'm doing just fine, thank you!" A socially inept girl like Hime managed to reply in an affirmative way.

The boy looked at him for a while. "I don't think you come here," he said, "are you perhaps a tourist or a person who was invited here by a family member?"

Hime sighed, "I might not look like it, but I'm from this town," she clasped her hands, "I just don't usually go outside of our house so that's probably why you don't know me."

The Marill yapped once more, coming closer to Hime, circling around her. Hime's face showed a bit of a confused look, although that was already expected since she hasn't seen a Marill before. "Oh, um, sorry about that. You look so lost that I thought you weren't from around these parts," the boy explained. "Where are you headed for anyway?" The boy asked.

Hime was surprised to be able to handle a simple conversation with another person and it was going so well. "You don't happen to know where Professor Elm's Lab is, do you?" She asked, hoping that the boy would know where that was.

"Professor Elm's Lab?" The boy asked in confusion, "You're standing right in front of it!"

When the boy said that, Hime turned around, seeing a large building. "That's Professor Elm's Lab?" She stammered, not knowing what to say afterwards.

"Yup, that's where all the experiments of Professor Elm take place," the boy explained, "oh, I almost forgot. Mind telling me your name?"

Hime turned around once more, "I'm Hime... and uh, thanks for telling me where the Lab is even though its just right in front of me."

The boy began to giggle, "No problem. I'm Ethan by the way. Hope to see ya' around!" He said; his Marill in his arms, yelping. He waved at Hime before walking away.

Hime turned to the Lab once more, breathing heavily. "Alright, I can do this!" She thought before slowly running towards the lab. As she opened the door, she was expecting another loudmouth to yell at her and introduce himself or herself, but it was really quiet. "Um, hello?" She whispered, not getting a reply. She walked further inside the building, reaching another door that she opened. It revealed a room filled with apparatuses and large tanks as well as many scientists. "Oh, yes, may we help you?" A scientist conducting an experiment asked.

"Um, do you know where I could find Professor Elm?" Hime asked, her fear slowly disappearing as it is slowly being replaced with excitement.

The scientist nodded, "You must be Hime then. His office is upstairs." The scientist led Hime to a flight of stairs, the latter worried on how she will manage.

Hime followed the scientist to the flight of stairs, getting really tired after a few steps from the stairs. The scientist noticed this, making a comment, "You're exhausted already?"

"Oh, that's right," Hime thought, "nobody knows about my condition since mom didn't tell them anything about it."

Hime immediately thought of an excuse "I, um, kinda got tired looking for the lab," she nervously said, "so I got really tired."

The scientist was confused, but he didn't ask any further. When he finally reached the second floor, the scientist knocked at the large door, slowly opening it. He muttered a few words inside before gesturing Hime to go inside. What he didn't realize was that Hime just arrived at the second floor, gasping. "This girl is strange," the scientist thought.

When Hime finally went inside, she noticed the large shelves containing many books that made her heart flutter. They were all books about Pokémon that piqued her interest. The room also contained multiple fish tanks, computers and laptops, as well as a long table containing many scientific apparatuses.

"Welcome to my lab!" The Professor said, surprising Hime who was focused on looking around the room. "Oh, I'm sorry, I must have startled you."

Hime came out from hiding behind the shelf, "Hi professor..." she muttered, "I'm really, uh, sorry for being startled."

The professor laughed, "That's fine. I mean, most people do say I have a loud voice so I'm not surprised when someone gets surprised by me."

The professor went back to his chair to check some data in his computer. "So, you must be Hime," he said, "I heard from your mother that you wanted to go on your own journey as well."

Hime nodded at his statements, feeling guilty once more. However, this wasn't noted by the professor who was busy looking at his computer. "So, um, professor," she nervously said, "can I have my own Pokémon?"

Professor Elm nodded, "Of course!" before standing up to go near the large tank beside his table. He then pushed a button, "These are the Pokéballs of the Pokémon that will accompany you throughout your journey."

Hime gladly stood up, legs still tired and shaking. However, just as she was about to get close to the tank, she went into another coughing fit. "Hime, are you alright?" The professor asked, concerned about her health.

When Hime finally stopped coughing, she responded, "Of course! I'm fine professor, just a minor cough."

The professor squinted his eyes, "Are you sure you're not sick though?" he asked, looking at Hime's eyes, "I can't give you your own Pokémon if you're sick."

Hime gave him a reassuring smile, "I'm not sick! It's just a minor cough, I'm telling you." Hime continued to smile while the professor kept looking her at her eyes.

The professor sighed, "Alright then, go ahead and pick." Hime couldn't stop herself from jumping due to joy. She quickly ran towards the tank, looking at the three Pokéballs. The professor pushed another button from the tank, revealing a holographic picture of the starters.

"Here are the ones you can choose from," he said, pressing another button to show a hologram of Totodile, "this Pokémon here is Totodile, the Big Jaw Pokémon."

He pressed the button again, this time, showing a holographic picture of Cyndaquil. "This here is Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokémon."

"And finally," he said as he pressed the button once more, revealing a holographic picture of Chikorita, "this here is Chikorita, the Leaf Pokémon." The professor pressed another Pokémon, with the hologram showing the holographic pictures of the 3 starters.

"One of these will become your partner Pokémon for your journey," he said with a smile, "and hopefully, for life as well." He then gestured Hime to pick one. "Go ahead and choose one you like the most."

Hime was now presented with Totodile, Cyndaquil, and Chikorita. All three of them seemed to make Hime smile, but she knew she can only get one. She thought hard about this, taking her time. She imagined what her time would be like with one of those Pokémon. For Totodile, she imagined herself being able to Surf in water to get to many different places, but she thought that its big jaw may cause her to get bitten by it accidentally. She then thought of what her time with Cyndaquil would be like. She imagined that campfires wouldn't be a problem anymore, but since she is quite sickly and clumsy, she might set fire to herself. Plus, she thought that if it used Smoke Screen, it might give her more problems than help her.

Finally, she thought about what would happen if she chose Chikorita. Among the other two, it seemed like Chikorita was the calm one. It also looked cute and friendly. She also couldn't think of a thing that might harm her and thought that it might even help her because as a Grass-type, it can heal Pokémon, and probably, Hime too.

And her mind was finally set. "Professor Elm, thank you so much for showing me all of these Pokémon," she said, "but I think I wanna travel with Chikorita the most."

The professor smiled, "An excellent choice," before taking Chikorita's Pokéball. "Well, there's no wrong choice here to be honest. It's just you trying to find out which Pokémon suits your personality more."

Hime pressed the center of the Pokéball, letting Chikorita out in her arms, surprising Hime. She began to rub its chin, much to the pleasure of the yapping Chikorita. "Aww, you're so cute!" Hime happily said, "I think I'll call you... Flora!"

"Flora?" The professor asked, "But that Chikorita is a male!" he exclaimed.

Hime looked back at the professor, "Well, that's what I want to nickname him. Flora the Chikorita!" Hime said, holding out Chikorita with her arms open like a baby, with Chikorita yapping a few times.

The professor sighed as he rubbed his forehead, "Anything goes, I guess." Just then, his computer began to ring, prompting Professor Elm to take a look at what it was. "An email?" He thought. He let Hime and Flora have some time together before recollecting his thoughts and talking to Hime once more.

"Hime, do you have a second?" The professor asked, Hime muttering "Of course, professor."

"How should I explain this," the professor muttered, scratching the back of his head. "You see, I have a friend named Mr. Pokémon who has many weird stuff that he wants me to research."

He went back to his computer before turning his attention back to Hime. "This time, he wants me to research a Pokémon egg he found," he sighed, "normally I'd go pick it up but right now I'm just so full of things I need to finish that I can't go pick it up on my own. So I was wondering if you could pick it up for me!"

Hime was shocked, but decided that she wouldn't have a choice anyway, so she agreed, "Alright professor, I'll pick it up for you!"

The professor smiled, "Thank you so much for helping me out with this!"

Hime nodded, before walking away, turning back to the professor, "See you professor!" When the professor waved back, he remembered something. "Hold up!" He said as he took his Pokégear. "Here's my number in the Pokégear so you can call me anytime."

The two began registering their numbers before the professor finally said goodbye. When the doors to his office closed, Hime's smiling face began to turn grave. "Hmmm, how should I do this?" She said, looking at Flora, worrying the latter causing it to yelp a few times. "Ah well, we'll figure something out, right Flora?" She smiled, causing Flora to smile right back at her.

When Hime began to walk down the stairs she suddenly felt really tired, causing her to miss a step, making her to fall with Flora back down at the first floor, causing a large noise and a shriek coming out of her mouth. It didn't take long before the scientists realized this, causing them all to go outside to see her. Lots of "Are you okay?"s came out from the mouths of the scientists, helping her stand back up. Once more, she had another coughing fit, but it didn't worry any of them.

Hime began dusting off her clothes after she was assisted by the scientists to get up. "You should be more careful next time," a scientist said. Hime nodded in appreciation, before scurrying along, taking Flora with her.

When Hime was finally gone, a scientist entered Professor Elm's office. "Professor," he muttered, "are you sure that it was a wise idea to let that girl have her own Pokémon? I mean, she's quite clumsy and she seems very sickly."

The professor turned around while sitting, "Well, I think that a girl like her going on a journey is a great idea," he said. "She'll get to see many sights and she'll grow as a person." This caused the scientist to ask more questions before the Professor finally asked him to go away.

Hime's journey starts now; her search for Ho-oh; her search for eternal happiness and her search for its Golden Heart that will help her change herself. She will discover new sights and a different side of life that she has never seen before. And where will it take her? Only time will tell.

#4 Aug 22, 2017
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  5. KenitohMenara

KenitohMenara School Kid

Philomena
    (Ponyta)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.5
    No problem Hime,

If you want a co-writer, I'm more than happy to chip in... either way, looking forwad to it

6. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ah, Nuzlockes. The best kind of heart-tugging stories. Looking forward to reading more. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Yup, we're gonna need lots of tissues for Nuzlocke stories xD

8. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    CHAPTER 2 - Two Worlds
    Flora and Hime were both running towards the direction of Route 29. New Bark Town was quite a large town and it wasn't really that easy to leave the area. The only other way is by Surf, although of course, Hime still doesn't have that. And why would she even have the HM for Surf? She's just starting her journey, silly. Hime quickly looked upon Flora, "Are you feeling okay?" she asked the Pokémon, getting tired herself. The Chikorita smiled back, giving a positive yap, making Hime smile. Sure, she wasn't athletic, but being with Chikorita made her feel like she was free from her disease, from the sickness that has been marking her for her entire childhood.

The two were almost outside the boundary of New Bark Town. Hime pointed her hands toward the sign saying "Route 29," making her smile even further. However, something suddenly changed. Instead of feeling like she was entering Route 29, it felt like she was exiting the Route and had already made it to another town. Plus, before, it was daytime, but now, it was suddenly nighttime. "What?" she thought, confused. Even Flora himself was confused, he didn't know what was happening. Suddenly, the area began to become colder too. "What's happening?" Hime murmured before entering another coughing fit. Whether it was because of the weather or because she was really tired, it remains a mystery. She knelt on the ground, unable to keep standing due to her weak legs. Flora quickly nudged her, worried about his trainer. Hime put up her best smile, although that was not enough to fool Flora.

Moments later, a girl wearing a red, long sleeved trench-coat dress was standing a few meters from where Hime was. She was running towards Hime, worried about her current condition. When she finally reached where Hime was, she quickly took off her white scarf and wrapped it around Hime. "What are you doing with those kind of clothes in this weather?" the girl worriedly asked, noticing that Hime was coughing a lot. "Are you okay?" she asked once more, not receiving a reply. Instead of waiting for Hime to respond, she took her arm and placed it around her shoulder, carrying her towards a large building.

The girl opened the door to the building and when she did, the two girls both tripped, falling onto the ground. Hime has stopped coughing though, which made both Flora and the girl give a sigh of relief. "I'm glad that was over," the girl sighed, happy that Hime was doing well. After a few seconds, a boy in a orange and white long sleeve with a green scarf appeared, surprising him. "Whaaa!" he screamed, realizing that her almost stepped on them. He didn't see Hime and the girl because he was busy walking with his eyes closed. "Yume! And you too!" the boy called, "I'll have to fine the both of you for this!"

The girl in a red trench-coat dress began to get up, dusting off her coat. She glared at the blonde-haired boy, making him raise his arms up in defense. "Can you call Lucas or Professor Rowan for us, Barry?" she asked, looking at his eyes. Barry sighed, "Why would I wanna do that?" he asked in return. Yume sighed, "Don't reply to a question with another question! Just do as I say!" Barry let out a small "Tch," before running even further inside the building. Yume then returned to Hime who was being watched over by Flora. "Come on, I'll help you get up," Yume said, holding out her hand to Hime, who in turn, took her hand to get up. "Are you well? I imagine not, since you were out there wearing that kind of clothing," Yume said. She looked upon Hime, who didn't respond. She still was unable to process what was happening right now.

~♩~♪~♫~♬~♫~♩~♬~

"Drink this hot chocolate," a boy in a blue and black jacket offered Hime some hot chocolate. Hime was currently wrapped in a thick blanket while sitting on the sofa inside the Professor's office. Flora was also sleeping on her lap that she always petted. Hime thanked the boy before gladly accepting the mug. The boy then returned to the others where they all had a discussion.

"Yume, are you sure she just appeared in Route 201?" a man asked, sitting on his chair. Yume sighed, "Professor Rowan, I already told you. I was just checking my PokéDex when this girl suddenly appeared a few meters in front of me. She was already collapsed on the ground when I saw her too." The boy in the black and blue jacket had his doubts with Yume's statement, "Are you sure that she just appeared? That's impossible. She might have passed over you or something and collapsed on that exact spot."

"I'm telling you Lucas," Yume directed her attention to Lucas, "I just looked away for a second. It's impossible that she got past me in that one second, unless this girl is the Flash." Barry laughed at Yume's statement, although he didn't bother getting involved with the current situation. "All I gotta say is that she's getting fined."

The Professor let out a small sigh before standing up, "You there, what's your name?" Hime was drinking from the mug at that exact moment, so she stopped drinking for a second to answer the Professor's question. "I'm Hime," she said, taking another sip from the mug. The Professor rubbed his forehead in disappointment, "Other kids would usually tell me where they are from, their ages, and other stuff. You're the only exception." Hime looked at Professor Rowan with apathy, seemingly not caring about what he was saying. She sighed afterwards. "Oh, sorry. I'm Hime, I come from Johto, and I'm 15." Hime quickly took another sip afterwards, not bothering to look at Professor Rowan.

"Well, I guess you're saying the truth," he said, "you do have a Johto Pokémon with you, although your appearance is so sudden." Hime wasn't listening at all, and instead drifted off into her own thoughts. "What is happening? I was just headed for Route 29, and now I feel like I'm in a completely different place. I bet the Pokégear won't even say that I'm still in Johto right now." She thought, asking herself different questions in regards to what was currently happening right now as the Professor kept on talking.

"... you're a weird one you know," the Professor said, finishing his monologue. "Was she even paying attention?" Yume thought, looking at Hime who was still drinking from the mug. Silence followed, until Hime asked another question. "Hey, do you mind telling me where I am right now and where you guys found me?"

The group seemed to be shocked with the question, but they didn't bother showing that they were all puzzled. "Um," Lucas muttered, "you're in Sinnoh, Sandgem Town to be exact, and apparently, uh, Yume found you at Route 201."

Hime's eyes widened. It felt like she was thrown off into a different place. Sinnoh? Route 201? It didn't make sense to her. Sandgem Town? Where in the world was that? Hime looked puzzled as she looked at the others. "Are you sure it's not Route 29 you found me on?" she asked. Yume, Lucas, and Barry all looked puzzled too. "Route 29 doesn't exist here at Sinnoh," Yume explained. "You're referring to Johto Route 29, aren't you?" Professor Rowan asked. Hime was flustered, she didn't know how to reply, "Ah, hah, well, um, forget what I said."

"You're really weird you know," the Professor said. Hime was already shaking, panicking that she said something wrong or otherworldly. "I'm going now!" she stammered, standing up, causing Flora to fall down. "Oh no!" she screamed, picking up Chikorita who was awakened, "I'm so sorry!" she quickly bowed at everyone else, before leaving the room. "Hey!" Yume chased after her, grabbing her by Hime's hand, "You're not leaving with those clothes on!" Yume quickly took her to the dressing room in the lab, letting her choose from a collection of coats that she would wear. "How about this?" Yume asked, showing her two trench coat dresses, one that is red and blue and another that is yellow and red.

"Um," Hime muttered, "what's your name?" Hime didn't realize that she hadn't asked for Yume's name yet. "Oh, didn't you hear Barry say my name earlier?" Yume asked as Hime shook her head," I see, well then, I'm Yume. Nice to meet you, Hime!" Hime blushed afterwards, making a new friend. She then decided to choose the red and yellow trench coat dress and wore it atop her current outfit. "There you go, now you're fully equipped for this weather!" Flora yapped in an affirmative way, making Hime feel confident about her choice.

"I should get going then," Hime said, "I'll see you next time." Flora waved her small leaf at Yume, who in turn, waved back at the Pokémon.

Hime slowly walked towards the exit of the building. She was still puzzled, she didn't know what was going on! She didn't know how she suddenly got there, but she knew there was a reason. Somehow, she also felt that meeting Yume and the others was also fated. It was a strange thing to say, but she couldn't shrug off the feeling. The only thing was, how could she get back to the real world? Her world, the Johto world. Does she have to ride a plane to get back to Johto? But that would be impossible. She decided to try something ridiculous, but she hoped that it would work.

When she finally exited the building, she took out her Pokégear and contacted her mom. She wasn't responding, and there was no response saying that the person could not be reached. Was there no communication line for the Pokégear? When she exited the call, her mother's number suddenly disappeared, along with the other contacts inside it. "What?" she asked herself, puzzled even further. Not only were her contacts gone, but her Pokégear also suddenly transformed into a watch-like device.

Hime's eyes widened. Her Pokégear turned into a watch. What was going on? She ran as far as she could, reentering Route 201 in the process. Something was definitely not right. Almost as if something was off, no, something was definitely off. She scrolled through the apps it had and she quickly found the strangest app inside. Not only was it different form the other apps, but when she accessed it, red and black lights began to swirl around the screen. Flora jumped at her arm and eventually to her shoulder to see what was happening.

Hime wanted to touch the screen, but she was afraid something might happen. "This could be the way out, or something completely different," she said, gathering courage. She slowly pointed her finger to the screen, touching it after a few seconds. The route suddenly began to change as her world spun, but Hime and Flora seemed to be unaffected by it.

When everything stopped moving, it returned to daytime once more. Hime was also no longer at Sinnoh Route 201 and was instead standing at the entrance of Johto Route 29. The watch also transformed back into the Pokégear, her contacts returning once more. Everything seemed like it was back to normal, but Hime still couldn't believe what just happened.

"Was I... dreaming?" she asked herself, her head looking down on the ground. Flora looked at her with worry, but Hime noticed it quickly so she returned to her positive face. "Don't worry Flora," Hime said, petting Flora's chin, "it's nothing."

"Hopefully." she thought.

After a few minutes, she realized she's already sweating. "It's so hot!" she screamed, noticing that she was still wearing the trench coat, "I'm still wearing this?" Ethan was running towards Route 29, noticing Hime who was wearing a trench coat. Ethan approached her asking, "Why are you wearing a trench coat in this kind of weather?" Hime was flustered once more, entering another coughing fit. She once again fell down to her knees in the ground, worrying Ethan. "Hey! Are you alright?" he asked, "You look like you've been somewhere for a long time!"

"No," Hime said, coughing, "I'm doing fine. This is... normal for me." Ethan helped her get up, patting her back so that she can stop coughing. She didn't wait for it to stop before she took off her trench coat though. "That reminds me, why are you wearing a trench coat again?" When he found out that she wore it under her original outfit, his eyes widened, "And why did you wear it on top of your outfit?! Where did you go anyway? Up a mountain?"

Hime's coughing still didn't stop, but she quickly replied, "It's a secret."

#8 Sep 16, 2017
  9. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Major Announcement:
    Since I don't think I'll be able to continue my Nuzlocke of HG anymore, I think I'll begin to change a major element in this story: It will no longer be a novelization and it will instead become its own story taking inspiration from my Nuzlocke. Hope you understand! One of the few reasons for this change is because UM already came out and I wanna play it for now.