1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ho-Oh Help

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Hraesvelgr, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    So I caught a good IV'd Ho-Oh awhile back in OR, I'm sure some of you remember me ranting about the RNG being a troll. Now I wanna finish it by spreading out its EVs, but the problem is I don't know how I should spread them out so I would like some suggests and hopefully reasons as to why I should use the spread.

I would also like items suggestions for it and of course again hopefully a reason as to why I should give it the suggested item.

Pokémon Data
    [3D='250']
    Lv. 50 Ho-Oh

Ability: Pressure
    EVs: -
    Adamant Nature
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast (Fire Blast will be replace by Recover once I've trained it)

IVs: 28-29/31/31/1/27/31

Stats

HP 180
    Attack 165
    Defense 110
    Sp. Atk 103
    Sp. Def 172
    Speed 110

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    it seems ur using it as a Bulky sweeper so make it one Good HP recovery(200HP Ev's) and a bit of speed(52) and 252ATK it will be great unless you want to dable in the move set alot(also Roost(TM 19)>recover if your facing a rocktype...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Thank you for your suggestion Wizo. I'll want a few more opinions before deciding on how to spread the EVs.

4. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.8
    Since Ho-Oh is Adamant, and has insane attack, I'd actually recommend Choice Band.
    248 HP, 208 Att, and 52 SpD. The HP and SpD lets it live a +2 Xerneas Thunder, and the rest is put into Attack for the insane damage.
    Since Ho-Oh is really bulky but kinda slow, I'd not invest too much into Speed.

5. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Thank you spammer, I guess that makes sense since is Adamant and its 90 base speed might not do it much without a speed boosting nature. And thanks for the item suggestion.

I still hope for more opinions before deciding though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.