1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 Ho-oh or Lugia?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by JadeFox, Sep 20, 2017.

?

Which do you prefer? Ho-oh or Lugia?

1. The fiery Fire/Flying type Ho-oh!

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. The watery Psychic/Flying type Lugia!

33 vote(s)
    54.1%
  3. Both! They're equally cool!

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Oh, the box legends of Gold and Silver! Both of the legends have a certain charm to many Pokémon players, and can surprisingly be caught in both Gold and Silver versions. But... which one do you like better? From design to shines and to competitive battling - just chat about which box legend you like more!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I find Lugia to be the coolest, not to mention I kind of prefer his typing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JadeFox likes this.
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I love my silver big-handed bird XD (Though I will admit that Ho-oh has a much cooler battle theme :) )

JadeFox likes this.
  4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I love both, but for very different reasons, I like Lugia because of its design mainly and is always been just a design thing for me when it comes to Lugia. I like Ho-Oh because of its battle capacity, yes I know Ho-oH is 4x weak to rock but aside from that it can take hits and dice out a lot of damage too.

5. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I will say that Ho-oh's shiny is far superior. It's a metallic firebird! However, solely from design, I choose Lugia. I also like it's cry better.
    #MissingNo

6. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I like both just about the same, but the tiebreaker has to go to their battle themes when you can fight them. And that's where Ho-Oh takes my vote.

Ho-Oh is all very majestic and it gives off the feel that you're about to encounter the most sacred/holy Pokémon in the Johto region. (Which it kind of is)

Lugia is all like; "Oi! What the hell do ya think ya doin in my cave?! Ya hear that? It's me Aeroblasting ya ass all the way back to the Pokémon center!"

InkyGuy, FireSpartan5 and Apawn like this.
  7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I like Ho-Oh's design a lot more then Lugia but Lugia has interesting typing and a cool movie that made me love it. So they are both cool together!

8. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I like Lugia's design more, although I keep forgetting it's not a water type :sweat: Ho-oh is cool too, but I'm not a big fan of it's colours.

RubyUmbreon likes this.
  9. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Honesly because of XD Gales of Darkness Lugia steals my vote. It arguably the best Pokémon of its type (Unlike Ho-oh, who ties to Mega Zard Y just because it has Regenerater. Like I kid you not it would not be Ubber Playable otherwise, IMO Zard Y does better then it in Ubber) too! I like Ho-ohs theme a lot and I honestly don't like Lugias---- but these themes don't exist in Gen 2 (Thoughit be cool to see official 8-bit themes). Ho-oh isn't bad or anything Im just #TeamLugia thats all!

@BraviaryScout that summary of battle themes was hilarious! Made me have a good laugh.... Something I haven't had in awhile

BraviaryScout likes this.
  10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I like Lugia more than Ho-Oh both competitively and by design. Lugia is Flying and Psychic, which is very unique typing for its appearance. It has a really cool move, Aeroblast that is amazing. Multiscale on top of it's amazing bulk and roost make it incredible in battle. I personally like white/silver more aesthetically pleasing than red/gold.

11. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Both are great, but for different reasons. @BraviaryScout sums up what makes Ho-oh so awesome (not to mention how the very first episode of Pokémon hyped it up), but @Apawn nails Lugia's appeal - between his (somewhat-)unique typing as Psychic/Flying, his stat spread being unique, and his epic appearance in XD : Gale of Darkness solidifies him as the best Legendary of Johto.

12. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I like both, but unless Crystal is getting a rerelease as well, I'm going to end up choosing Gold and getting Ho-oh.

13. RubyUmbreon

RubyUmbreon Youngster

Stalagia
    (Geodude)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.0
    Lugia as I used it more for playthroughs and prefer its design, but I think Ho-Oh had the better home and battle them.

14. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I prefer Lugia because it's design looks better to me

15. Starlistic

Castle
    (Shellder)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Although I did get HG and I spent forever soft resetting for a shiny Ho-Oh... I have to say, I like both of them equally! they both have a special place in my heart.

16. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    I like Lugia's design better, but I like Ho-Oh's story with the Legendary Beasts. I'm not really into competitive stuff. so I don't really have an opinion on that aspect.

17. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like Ho-Oh. It's a Rainbow Pokémon, it's a Fire type (actually the only good Fire type I had), and it looks so bold and colorful (mostly reddish though). I always used to think Lugia was a Water Flying until I got the Pokémon for myself... I was kinda disappointed to be honest. Heh.

18. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Huh... I don't think I ever actually replied to my own thread lmao

To be quite honest, I really prefer Lugia the most. It's silver, and has an interesting typing (Psychic and Flying would be fun to use competitively), with a cute shiny form! Ho-oh does dominate with the shiny, but Lugia has a design that I can't refuse! XD

19. Raziere

Aurora
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.7
    I'll be honest:

I find Lugia cooler because I actually saw him for more than two seconds in Pokémon 2000 rather than Ho-oh who has never been depicted doing anything other than leaving forever because someone burned down a tower. I mean Lugia does all he can to save the world from an environmental apocalypse, and Ho-oh just kind of vaguely sort of blesses random people with good fortune on rare occasions? I think I know which one is cooler. That and Lugia's design is just so sleek and streamlined.

20. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Ho-Oh's Design Does Impress Myself But I Prefer Lugia,The Design Really As It Will Fly Fast.(Thinking About Having The Old Silver In Nintendo 3DS,Lugia Can Learn Aeroblast In The Virtual Version?)