1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 Ho-oh or Lugia?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by JadeFox, Sep 20, 2017.

?

Which do you prefer? Ho-oh or Lugia?

1. The fiery Fire/Flying type Ho-oh!

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. The watery Psychic/Flying type Lugia!

33 vote(s)
    54.1%
  3. Both! They're equally cool!

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Definitely Ho-Oh! Both for the sake of nostalgia and otherwise, Ho-Oh is my favorite. I enjoy its colors, and while it may not be unique from a typing or competitive standpoint, it stands out to me a bit more in the mythos than Lugia does. And for me, myths and lore surrounding the Pokémon world has always been more important to me than competition. Might explain why I love the PMD series.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. piplup40

piplup40 School Kid

Myst
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽33.8
    I like both Lugia and Ho-oh because well...
    Lugia appeals to me more, it's a nice-looking Pokémon with an equally nice pink shiny
    but then again, Ho-oh's gold and silver shiny is just as awesome...

3. Chan

Chan Camper

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.1
    I really like Ho-Oh but Lugia is just a natural and silent beauty

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I like both, but I've always preferred Lugia. It's simpler design appeals to me, as does its cool typing. In more recent years, I've grown to like Ho-Oh, though Lugis is still my favourite.

5. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    While I like both I will have to admit that if the two were to face each other, Lugia would win 9 times out of ten just due to it having better moves against its fiery counterpart.

6. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Ho-oh. The Sacred Ash it holds upon capture is really useful and it could defeat Lugia easily since Lugia doesn't have the Water type advantage, meaning all Ho-oh's Fire attacks deal normal damage (as well as STAB multiplier).

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Wow I'm kinda late to the party on the rerelease. I like Ho-oh, it's design is just so cool. It looks so powerful even in the older sprites! I mentioned during the summer scramble that Simurgh was my favorite mythological creature, so maybe I'm just biased. Also kind of annoyed that Lugia is yet another not-actually-a-dragon-type Pokémon.

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I actually really like both. One is a white dragon bird and the other is a rainbow phoenix. They're both equally good.

9. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    I'll have to pick lugia due to its image and typing, and well who didn't love Pokémon XD gale of darkness?

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  10. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    The movie is probably the reason for this but I definitely like Lugia more, Ho-oh is definitely good too but I'd have to give it to Lugia.

11. AxonBlade

AxonBlade Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽11.7
    My vote goes to Lugia as i have always liked its design and Pokémon XD being one of my favorite gamecube games help cement it with me. (Also has a very nice shiny)

12. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    My vote goes to Ho-Oh solely for it's looks!! Lugia is elegant and all but Ho-Oh is a big rainbow birb. And I like big rainbow birbs.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Definitely Ho-oh. I really love it's design and the colours used on both the original and the shiny forms
    I've never really been as much of a Lugia fan as some other people. I mean, I don't hate it or anything, but it is one of the blander legendaries imo.

#33 Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  14. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I actually prefer Lugia. As beautiful as Ho-Oh's design is (especially its shiny), I like Lugia's slightly more. Something about its hand-wings are really cool to me. Also, it has monstrous defenses. That thing cannot die.

15. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    My vote goes to Lugia, some because of the movie, but the design, the typing, and the fact that it is a half dragon half bird just sounds really cool to me even though that it isn't a dragon type.

16. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Both! I used to prefer Ho-oh but not I like them equally.

17. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    Lugia hands down
    Soul Silver>>>

18. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've always preferred Lugia, mainly because dragons are just a lot cooler to me compared to birds. Lugia also functions as an amazing wall, with 130/154 defenses and great typing. Soul Silver was also one of my first Pokémon games and Lugia was the first legendary I had ever caught.

19. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Ho-oh by far! It's weird because usually I'm not that much of a fan of many fire types, but Ho-oh stands out because it's all rainbowy and majestic and stuff! ^_^

Don't get me wrong, Lugia is ok. But just that. I think it's ok. But Ho-oh just has a better design to me.

20. KalosKing09

KalosKing09 School Kid

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4.4
    Both are nice, but I kinda like Ho-oh more than Lugia.