1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Hoenn: Land and Sea

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Mizumanta, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9
    Hoenn:
    Land and Sea

Role Play

Rated: M

[​IMG]

It's been two years. The leaders of Teams Magma and Aqua, Maxie and Archie, have parted ways. The team's admins, lost without their leaders and unsure why they were abandoned, have taken charge and have strangely decided to work together for a common goal. Their schemes have been relatively under wraps as of late, but various sightings of familiar uniformed henchmen have been reported recently. Meanwhile, the destruction of the meteor that had threatened the region has left countless meteorite crash sites across the region. Mega Key Stones were quickly mined from the sites, and special Mega Stones have been found across Hoenn, hypothesized to have been influenced by the event. This has brought about an immense number of tourists from other regions to a scale that Hoenn has never seen before. This event, along with the meteorite's odd energy changing the environment has come an influx of Pokémon not normally found in the Hoenn region. Professor Birch, expert in Pokémon environments, is taking the initiative to research these changes and what they will mean for the Hoenn region. but he needs the help of new and curious trainers. In exchange for a Pokédex and sponsorship, Professor Birch and his research team asks for your help in documenting the various Pokémon in the area. Your Pokédex includes a camera and video recorder, as well as the information on foreign Pokémon via the information from other professors in remote regions. Gather data and help Professor Birch in his research in how the Hoenn region will inevitably change!

OOC and Sign-Up Found Here

2. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9
    Chapters:
    (Links below)

3. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9

Chapter 1:
    Cold Winds Blow Forward

Petalburg City
    Flower beds shifted elegantly in the breeze as if to welcome the new trainers to their journey. The city had a natural calmness to it, seemingly in tune with nature. The small lakes surrounding the town, the ocean breeze sweeping upwards, the buzz of Pokémon completely used to the surrounding buildings and people, this town was the perfect place to start a journey. After all, the city was called ""Where people mingle with nature."

A small stage had been built in front of the Pokémon Gym. Though it was clearly built in a rush, or perhaps in a low budget, it seemed to have the bare essentials. A projector, a screen behind, and enough places to watch comfortably. Dozens of people gathered around, some random citizens, and others apparently trainers with Pokémon beside them or on their shoulders. Professor Birch, a larger man with full scruffy facial hair and a flowing lab coat, came running forward. Apparently he had been distracted by the calming nature's appeal within the town, and was a bit late to his own event. He stepped onto the stage, with his considerably more serious looking female assistant. The professor tried his best to catch his breath before speaking, his white shirt visibly covered in sweat spots. "Oh haha," he began, "My apologies for being so late." He pointed to the nearby lake. "But you wouldnt believe the rare plants this town has. It was so close by, and I never even noticed. Seriously, take a loo-" His assistant cleared her throat, quite loudly in fact, that it could be heard more clearly than the professor who was speaking into a microphone. "Oh, yes, well...Welcome, young trainers! I'm so happy that so many of you have agreed to assist me in my research!" He was a little more focused now. "As you have been told, ever since the events of 2 years ago, various changes have been occurring throughout the region. Climates and environments have shifted, new Pokémon have introduced themselves to new ecosystems. Various energies have started appearing in mysterious ways. And it is all happening at the same time!" Birch showed off a few clips on the projector of charts with rising or falling temperatures and new structures in various areas. He began to chuckle. "It's all a bit overwhelming to be honest. So I have gathered you all here to assist me." Birch took a few steps to the center stage. "You see, I believe in the perspective of fresh minds. And I want to help you on your journey to grow as well as help you all understand the region better along with me. So my lab will sponsor your journey in exchange for your help in documenting the changes to the area. Please, catch new Pokémon, explore new areas, and gather data!" He was summerizing what the trainers had been told beforehand as to not bore the crowd. "You will all be given a special credit card that can be used for food, shelter, basic medicine, and any camping equipment you may need. Just....Dont go overboard. We have access to information of whatever you buy hehe." Birch flourished his arm. "I try to make things short and sweet. So please, go off and start your adventure!" he brought his arm back to his face in a sort of solute. "Just keep me tuned in, okay?" With that, the assistant whispered into Birch's ear. It must have been important for him to run away so fast. But with that all said, it really was a start to adventure.

Petalburg City
    Petalburg is a calm town that seems in tune with nature. On both sides are a surprising amount of environments. While the town itself is rather low-key, it sports a notoriously tough gym, and a few wonderful cafes that use the local herbs as ingredients. Explore this refreshing area and maybe find yourself a new Pokémon friend!

Pokémon Available:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Water Areas:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Route 102:

Similar to Petalburg, Route 102 is calming and full of nature. This area tends to be relatively quiet, except for the occasional battle. Some Pokémon that dont normally go into the city can be spotted here.
    Pokémon Available:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Water Areas:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Quests:

Quest #1
    The local flowershop is dealing with a thief! Someone or somthing has been stealing the berries from their outdoor display! with all of the commotion with the professor's event, few eyes have been available to catch the perpetrator! Assist the flowershop owner in catching the thief and receive a fitting reward.
    Reward: TR-Grass Knot

Quest #2
    A few trainers in Petalburg City didnt get chosen for sponsorship by the professor and they want to prove that they deserved it more than you! Face off against at least two of these trainers to earn their respect. Those that do may be rewarded.
    Reward: Choice of Charcoal, Mystic Water, or Miracle Seed.

Quest #3
    (Open to all)
    The fishing guru of Petalburg is quite sad these days. He meets dozens of young trainers and so few are interested in learning from him, fishing has become lost among the youth. Learn his techniques, and inspire him to not give up on passing on the joys of fishing to the next generation.
    Reward: Old Rod

Quest #4
    Gladius Williams, a member of the wealthy Elite, is missing his precious imported zigzagoon. He may be rude and snotty, but no one deserves to lose their Pokémon, right? Help him find his precious Galarian Zigzagoon and earn his thanks.
    Reward: Moon Stone

Quest #5
    Petalburg Cafe, the oldest restaurant in Petalburg, is known for its delicious teas made from local ingredients and marvelous desserts that even the gym leader is known to frequent. This cafe is having an event to celebrate the new trainers making their debut. The Cafe is having an all-you-can-eat cake eating contest. Bring your appetite and your hungriest Pokémon to team up and eat the most!
    Reward: Leftovers

Quest #6
    It seems that something is destroying electrical wiring around various homes and sucking out the power. Power bills are skyrocketing, but worse, frayed power cords are becoming exposed around local children and Pokémon! Investigate the cause and stop those responsible.
    Reward: Pokémon Encounter- [​IMG] or [​IMG] or[​IMG]

Quest #7
    (Open to all)
    To celebrate the new trainers starting their journeys, The Devon Corporation has hidden various evolution stones around the city, specifically one of each! those who find them are allowed to keep them, provided that they show a Devon Corporation official! Be careful though, as some children who were not chosen as sponsors may try to snatch the stones away from you.
    Reward: Evolution stone of your choice (limited amount)

Quest #8
    There's a rumor that at night, a creepy Pokémon appears around young people to try and take them away. While no people have gone missing, many townspeople, especially children, swear that something grabbed their arm and tried to take them away! Stake out at night and investigate this sinister kidnapper!
    Reward: Pokémon Encounter- [​IMG]

#3 Aug 21, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  4. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Nora stretched as the presentation ended, joining the other trainers who started filing away from the crowd. The presentation was... alright. She was expecting something a little bit more grand but it was servicable. She waited as she got her special credit card. She thought shed have to battle to help supply herself for her journey and was plesantly surprised at that accomidation. She thanked the aide who gave it to her and released Crash from his Pokéball.

"Alright, looks like were gonna have to make some stock first before we go anywhere." She said, mostly to herself but letting Crash hear her little monologue. As excited as she was for her journey she knew it would be stupid to leave before preparing. "I already have a tent for us and a sleeping bag so thats no problem. We definetly need to get some food and medicine for the trip... Oh, and also some food so we don't have to forage. That sound good Crash?"

"Jang-mo!" Crash said, seemingly in affirmation.

"Right, lets go then." She grinned and smacker her fist to her palm. The duo left for the nearby Pokemart as Nora took a better look at the city around her.

Petalburg City was unlike any city shes been to. It was more modern than her hometown of Iki Town but it wasn't as busy as Hau'oli City. It seemed like a nice mix of the two that wasnt as hot as either of them. She could live with that. She also spotted some Pokémon wandering the outskirts of the city, some of them looking exotic and unique to the Alolan native. She'll definetly be trying to catch something here later once she gets her supplies. Her Hoenn Journey begins!

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    A moment before the presentation began, a redhead girl in a blue sundress could be seen running to the city all the way from Route 104. She had been cradling her weakened Ralts in a desperate attempt to run away from a flock of Taillow chasing them both. To the onlookers, they might guess that the poor girl probably had disturbed one of the Taillow and/or had somehow overestimated her Ralts' abilities, but she digressed. She kept running and running with her mind full of worries to the point of (almost) ignoring the commotion. All she could think of was how to get her Ralts to safety ASAP.

Only when the girl managed to reach Pokémon Center and gave her Ralts to the nurse did she finally calm down. She sat down on an available chair, then looked out from the window and listened to the presentation while waiting for the recovery process. Man, just when I thought Kenshin only had to handle one Taillow back there...

By the time the healing was done and the duo went out from the Pokecenter, the presentation had already gone midway. At the "It's all a bit overwhelming to be honest..." part, to be exact. So they decided to join in the crowd and make themselves comfortable with the rest of the presentation.

And now that the event was over, she went to one of the aides who was handing out the special credit cards and Pokedexes for those who hadn't gotten them already. To be honest, she didn't expect such accommodation to be given out like that. She had a good look at her credit card and brand new Pokédex after thanking the aide. They both were registered under the name "Emma Shiino-Altair". Her name. It made her even more excited to start the journey.

That said, Emma and her Ralts (now named Kenshin) went to the Pokemart for their initial stock-up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  6. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Nora walked by the Pokemart's shelves, carrying around a heavy basket full of goods. Thankfully she was quite fit for her size and had no problems lugging her stuff behind her. So far she'd manage to stock up on some general Pokémon items; six Pokeballs for catching some new party members, a dozen potions for patching them up, and some human and Pokémon food for the road.

"That should be all of it." Nora hummed looking over her things again. "But why do I feel like I'm missing something?" She wondered. She tried to remember the general things she learned about Hoenn before coming here and the general trainer essentials when it hit her. "A Tarp!" Monsoons and storms were not uncommon back in Alola, and the travel brochure did say that the same applied to Hoenn. Even though her bag and tent said they were waterproof, she wasn't going to leave that up to chance.

Mentally patting herself on her back for remembering that, she walked up to the camping section to scope out a tarp big enough for all her things. As she did she noticed another person there in front of the place she needed to go to. She cleared her throat. "Excuse me," Nora said to the person. "You're blocking the way."

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @NyxieRina @Mizumanta @Jeydis (not tagging Choco and Jup as I'm not sure about their characters yet)

The very first thing in Emma's must-have list was a set of camping gear. She went over to the camping section to grab one that was easy enough for beginners to set up (or at least, as the package had claimed). However, the young girl could feel something else lodged in the camping gear. Like, a stone about the size of her tiny hand?

[Uh... Emma? What's wrong?] Kenshin's concerned telepathy snapped Emma back to reality. Seems like he could sense his human's awkward feeling like a normal Ralts could. "I- I dunno..." Emma stammered in response. She knelt down to Kenshin's level and confessed, "Thing is, there's something weird in this camping gear. I prolly should open this thing..." That said, Emma carefully opened the camping gear only to discover that, lo and behold, a Dawn Stone was hidden in there somehow. This sure made the duo raise their eyebrows (though Kenshin's was hidden in his bangs). But then...

"Excuse me," an older girl's voice made Emma tumble from her kneeling position. The redhead girl raised her head to find a girl about her age (or so it seems as she didn't know her real age) with a short grey hair and a rather athletic build. "You're blocking the way," the other girl said, prompting Emma to hurriedly pack up the camping gear and put it in the Pokemart-provided basket she had been carrying around. "Ah, s-sorry," Emma sheepishly apologized afterwards, then stood aside to let the other girl pass. And the Dawn Stone? Kenshin got ahold of it. That said, Emma and Kenshin decided to move on to the food and medicines aisle.

#7 Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  8. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Nora looked at the red haired girl as she moved aside and scuttled off to get soem supplies. Huh, she must be a newbie trainer, judging by her supposed age (she seemed quite young) and the Ralts on her shoulder. She wondered if she was part of the sponsorship or not. Eh, it probably wouldn't matter, its not like she'll run into her later right?

Nora took her time picking out a good tarp. This was gonna be her home for her hourney so she had to pick well. After much deliberation she got two of them, just in case one broke for whatever reason. Satisfied with her pruchase, she lined up for the counter, behind the other young trainers who were shopping as well. Her mind whirled with ideas, already thinking her next step once she finished her shopping. Maybe she should head to that cafe she spotted earlier? That seemed like a good place to stop by for lunch.

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @NyxieRina @Mizumanta @Jeydis @Jupjami (tagging Jup now because he's waiting for the host's approval rn)

One trip around the Pokemart later, Emma got enough supplies for the journey: 10 Pokeballs, 10 potions, 5 of each status-healing berries (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear), a week worth of MREs, some Pokémon food, and several bottles of water. She then lined up for the counter, right behind that girl from before. Emma looked up to her shoulder -- Kenshin and the Dawn Stone -- which made her wonder what's the deal with an evolution stone hidden in her new camping gear. Was it an accidental bonus? Or...?

[I think we should ask the cashier about this thing,] Kenshin suggested with his (hidden) eyes staring at the stone. In response, Emma nodded with a half-quiet "Yeah", enough for her Ralts to hear.

10. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Seeing Professor Birch in person had been a treat, Jey knew he would be involved but didn't think he could take the time to do things like presentations himself, especially with all of his work back at the lab in Littleroot. She looked down at Sterling, her Aron: "I should have him sign your back plate, he's a celebrity of sorts." The metallic Pokémon headbutt Jey's shin with a disapproving grumble. "Only kidding! I know how much you like being clean and polished up, I wouldn't dare have someone mar you with their handwriting. Let's get that card and put it to good use at the shop, need to restock on a few things after the trip down here."

She got up from her chair and walked over to the short queue that had started forming for the Pokédex and credit card. She noticed some bothered looking Taillow on a nearby building eyeing the trainers ahead of her angrily. "Wonder who got their tails in a twist... One of these new trainers might of rustled a nest." she said in a low voice to her Aron who did not seem like he was paying much attention. He was in a staring contest with a trainer's Poochyena a couple of spots ahead of them in the queue.

After a short while Jey was greeted by the aide and collected her free things, admiring her name printed out in silver letters on the card. She nudged Sterling away from his glaring match, carefully since he is heavy for his size and they made their way over to the pokemart to stock up on pokefood and medicine. Something she had learned about the Aron line is that they eat a lot more than you would expect for their size at this stage. Grabbing the biggest bag of high iron pellets for steel and rock types that would fit in her tall backpack, she headed over to the cash and overheard a group of younger kids arguing loudly.

"Nuh uh, no way it's a zubat those are tiny no way they could even try to carry me away. I am telling you it was a ghost!"
    "Cmon Josh, you know there are no ghost Pokémon around here they are super far away on Mt. Pyre!"
    "Well I am not going out tonight, that creeper will be back for sure!"

"Definitely going to keep an eye out for that tonight when we set up camp, sounds creepy." Jey said as she pushed her cart forward to the waiting line past a couple of trainers gearing up like herself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "Heheheh, wonder what crawled up his leg for 'im to skedaddle that fast," Kaja remarked, watching the professor rush off to who knows where. Chuckling, he jumped down from the fence post he was sitting on. "Petalburg City, we actually made it… Looks way different from our li'l town up north eh Dovah?"

Said Treecko chirped, climbing down from a nearby tree. Dovah shrugged, staring at his partner a manner that insinuated 'let's actually do stuff'. Kaja huffed, fixing his hat as he looked around. "Yeah yeah, not so fond of me yappin' anymore are ya! Still though, what is there to do 'ere? Not like they gave us fliers or that stuff…"

Dovah just tugged on the trainer's backpack, a deadpan look on the Pokémon's face. "Oh yeah, the credit card! Oh don't ya look at me like that! I was goin' there already, you son of a-!"

"Name?"
    "Kaja Lowell."
    "Town?"
    "Crossgate."
    "Oh, you mean the Pokéringer-"
    "Nope!"

Quickly grabbing the credit card, Kaja scurried away from the confused aide with a quick 'thanks' and took off to the Pokémart. Only to stop as he nearly collided with a young woman who suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "Gah, almost crashed into ya, lady!"

"Oh I'm sorry!" the girl, wearing an apron and a bunch of flowers tucked into her arm, exclaimed. "It's just that there's this thief…"

SAF likes this.
  12. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9
    [​IMG]

The sound of splashing only barely covered up the sounds coming from just a hundred or so feet away. A young popplio danced excitedly in the pond overlooking Petalburg city. It had taken Syrus and his popplio, Nami, a few days of travel to get to this starting point of their journey, and Nami had to endure that entire time outside of a friendly water source. There were other Pokémon around of course, but they seemed to want to stay away from Syrus's Pokémon, who was making a commotion.

Syrus sighed, sitting in the grass and looking up at the sun. He had no interest in whatever speech was being made. It sounded no different than the information that he was given beforehand. He was to help scout out new changes in the environment and bla bla bla... To be honest, Syrus was just in it for the sponsorship. It was an admittedly rare chance to work with a professor, but more importantly, the professor would pay for all of his essentials. That included food! Syrus smiled eagerly at the thought of eating at some of the nicer restaurants he had heard of. This was definitely a good opportunity for him. Syrus clutched his pink diamond accessory. Plus it would give him a chance to really shine as a great fairy type trainer!

Syrus spent a at least half an hour fantasizing about where he would go next and the Pokémon he would find. It was jokingly at first, but he really didnt know what to expect. His life was starting a new chapter an he had countless possibilities. But after 30 minutes of fantasizing, he started t grow bored. "Hey, Nami...You wanna go explore?" Popplio barked happily, rushing out of the water to go along with her trainer. The two travelled past what was left of the crowd and headed out of the city to route 102. The city actually had quite a few Pokémon mixed about it. A meowth on top of a house, some flying Pokémon overhead, another cat Pokémon that he wasnt familiar with bbut who was undoubtedly cute, etc. But none of them really caught his eye. If anything, he would need to go outside of the city for what he wanted. Screenshot_20210824-204336_Gallery.jpg
    Travelling a few minutes past the city limits, Syrus found what he was looking for. A medium sized patch of flowers seemed to be swimming with Pokémon. most were just a bit too far away. An oddish that causally walked into the forest, a few bug types, but he was looking around for something special. "Ah! There!" He cried. A little ways away was a very small flying Pokémon. The boy pulled out his Pokédex from his side pocket and opened it up. A few quick beeps indicated that a scan was in process. Not even a few seconds passed before the lights flashed once again. a picture of the adorable Pokémon shown on screen and the device began to speak out the words available in a whismical male voice.

"Cutiefly, the Bee Fly Pokémon. An opponent's aura can tell Cutiefly what that opponent's next move will be. Then Cutiefly can glide around the attack and strike back. It feeds on the nectar and pollen of flowers. Because it's able to sense auras, it can identify which flowers are about to bloom." The machine chirped.

Syrus was getting excited. It was the first one that he saw, so it had to be special, right? Sysrus got a Pokéball out of his pocket in anticipation. "Alright, Nami, let's get it's attention. "growl!" Popplio took in a quick breath and cried out, sending small sound waves towards teh floating bug type. It closed its eyes to endure, looking at the Pokémon that caused the attack. The two locked eyes for a few seconds before cutiefly attempted to flee. "Ah!" Syrus gasped. "No, you cant get away yet!" He called out again. "Stop it in its tracks with water gun!" Nami quickly fired off a small and weak stream of water towards the cutiefly, who easily twisted in the air quickly to dodge the attack. this time, perhaps out of confidence towards its dodge, cutiefly turned to attack. It rose its tiny wings up a bit and flapped furiously, creating a small gust of pink wind, hitting popplio. "Ah!" Syrus cried again. He had honestly thought that a small bug type would be easier to catch. So far, the only thing that stopped it was growl, though it didnt damage the Pokémon. But still...

"Nami, growl again!" Popplio turned to her trainer and gave a concerned look. it didnt see the point of using that move again, but complied anyway, sending out a small pulse of sound withits cry towards the tiny opponent. once more, cutiefly hunkered down to endure the attack. "Hah!" Syrus's plan had worked. Popplio out of water likely couldnt hit cutiefly with its superior senses, but it couldnt evade a sound attack. "And while it's distracted, Go, Pokéball!" Syrus chucked the Pokéball with surprising precision towards the tiny fairy type, striking it on the forehead. The ball fell into the flowerbed, clicking immediately to signify a successful capture! "Alright!" Syrus cheered. He was certainly proud of his accomplishment. Syrus bent down to take the ball, walking back to Petalburg with his new sense of accomplishment.​

13. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    As she waited in line Nora realized a fatal mistake in her shopping list. She bought potions but she had no status items! She nearly facepalmed. How could she forget something like that? Like a speed demon she quickly left teh line, dashing to the medicine area and getting three of each status healing item. Then she rushed back to the counter, just in time for her turn.

After quickly paying for her items she left the Pokemart, with her bag now full of the new items. She let Crash out of his Pokéball, having put him in so his nails wouldnt scratch the Mart's tiles, and looked down on her little dragon type. "You hungry yet Crash? Thees this really cool cafe there we could head to if ya want." The little dragon seemed to think it over before shaking its head. He wasnt hungry yet. "Huh, alright then. Wanna explore?" Crash nodded at that. "Great, where should we go then..."

(@SAF )

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Mizumanta @NyxieRina @Jeydis @Jupjami

Oh boy... Emma sighed as the girl in front of her practically dashed away from the line like a mad lass. She saw her heading to the medicine aisle and coming back right before her turn. Maybe she just... forgot something? Whatever.

And then Emma's turn came. The redhead girl set her things for the clerk to check on and Kenshin followed suit with the Dawn Stone he had been holding onto. Much to the duo's surprise, the clerk raised her eyebrow upon seeing the evolutionary stone among the purchased items. "Uh, miss, do you happen to sell evolution stones?" Emma curiously asked only for the clerk to jolt in surprise. "W-what? No! We don't sell those here," the clerk's denial with an awkward chuckle made Emma feel kinda sus to the point of wondering, "Then why is this Dawn Stone hidden in the camping gear?"

Having calmed down from her panic attack, the clerk soon remembered something. She proceeded to tell Emma what she had just remembered while checking on her other things, "Actually, a Devon employee came here about an hour before the event outside began. He hid some stuffs here and there and told me that Devon is hosting something like... Easter Egg Hunt but with evolution stones?" Emma's eyes went as big as dinner plates upon this reveal. "Either way, I think you'll wanna show this Dawn Stone to the Devon people out there. They know what to do with it, trust me," the clerk suggested. And by then, she had already finished with her cashier thing.

After paying for her items (sans the Dawn Stone) and thanking the clerk, Emma went out from the Pokemart with Kenshin still perching on her shoulder. The equally young Ralts could be seen holding onto the Dawn Stone from before. "Now where in the world are these Devon people again...?"

15. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Jey waited in line behind another girl with an adorable Ralts on her shoulder, she secretly wished that Sterling could be light enough to do that but at 130 pounds right now would be a heck of a workout. Snapping from her reverie she noticed a special on a 6 pack of pokeballs with a nice belt to hold them. "I should probably start thinking about filling up a proper team for our travels huh, don't see you flying anywhere Sterling." the girl chuckled and snatched up one of the belts with the shiny new pokeballs glinting in the artificial store light. She overheard the clerk talking to the girl in front of her about some easter egg hunt around town and wondered how creative the hiding spots could get, especially from some corporation lads and lasses.

She paid for her pokefood and new belt with a swift swipe of her new card and headed out of the overcrowded shop. Over to the side she noticed a mother trying to calm her daughter who seemed to be in a bit of distress.
    The little one spoke between huge sobs:
    "The monster...it's going to get me...I don't...want to stay... here tonight."
    Jey approached softly:
    "Sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop but are you ok?"
    The little girl clammed up, obviously shy but the mother spoke up.
    "She has been seeing things outside her window at night while we have been staying in town. I set my Linoone to check it out but he wasn't able to find any tracks or anything. I was hoping it would go away in time for her to have a better time while we are here but it doesn't look like she is forgetting about it any time soon... I got her a nightlight and everything but no good, something really has her worried."
    Jey scratched her chin pondering a moment and spoke:
    "Some of the kids inside the shop mentioned something similar, I doubt it's anything dangerous but since I am outside anyway I could set up camp nearby to keep it away if it is around. If you don't mind me setting up a hammock in the yard that is."
    "Hmm well I was hoping it was just her imagination but better be safe than sorry." the mother said as she picked up her child. "She goes to bed around 8pm, do you think you could be there by then?"
    "Of course, we would be happy to. Right Sterling?" the trainer looked down at her Aron who was looking quite brave and stoic in front of the child. He gave a quick "-ron!" of approval and the girl smiled wide and wiped her tears away.

Jey followed the little family to their little summer cottage in the south of town, a small building next to the water with a plush lawn in the back. The girl showed her around, her sorrows forgotten for now. She laughed and played with both Sterling and her mother's Linoone all the way until the sun went down.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Mizumanta @Jupjami @NyxieRina @Jeydis

Soon enough, Emma found a man who looked like he's nearing his late twenties near the Pokecenter. His Devon uniform was the very first thing she identified. Hoping to know what to do with her (?) Dawn Stone, Emma came up to him. "Excuse me," she called out, which was enough to snap him back to reality. [We found this in the mart,] Kenshin held out the Dawn Stone to the employee. "Is it true that Devon is hosting an evo stone hunt?"

The Devon guy's eyes quickly lit up upon seeing the Dawn Stone Kenshin was holding. "That's right, kiddo. We've hidden evolution stones around the city. Finders keepers of course, as long as they're our sponsored trainers," he cheerfully explained with a wink at the last sentence. "And now, if you will, can you prove that you're one of them?"

"Uh, sure?" Emma replied with a bit of hesitation in her tone. Seems like the employee's attitude made her flinch a little. Regardless, she took out her special credit card and showed it to him. And one brief check later, the Devon guy cheered again, "Congratulations, kid! The Dawn Stone is yours now~"

That said, both Emma and Kenshin thanked the Devon employee and merrily went about their day.

#16 Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  17. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Kaja and Dovah watched from behind a telephone post how the flower shop owner (Nicole, she said her name was) placed a bowl of Oran Berries on a single bench near the storefront, before going inside the shop to let the thief's guard down. A clever strategy, especially as she would also be keeping watch through one of the windows.

"So, what kinda 'mon do ya think is gluttonous enough to be nabbin' all this store's berries?" the trainer asked his partner, who grunted and began acting out the cries and figure of some common Pokémon.
    "Yeah yer right, might be some good ol' Zigzagoon or Wurmple again. Huh, a Taillow, aye? Then again, they could be swoopin' right in and grabbin' em berries before just as quickly boltin' right out…" the Treecko nodded sagely, pleased that his partner understood what he meant so quickly. "Damn, are ya sure ya don't want to compete in contests?" At that the gecko shot Kaja a dirty look, to which the teen snorted in amusement. Rolling his eyes Dovah huffed and turned back to the bowl of Oran Berries… that was completely empty.

"OI!" Kaja exclaimed a moment later, also noticing the now bare dish. The two quickly ran towards the bowl, wondering how bad their luck was. "Damn, do ya see anythin'?" the trainer asked rhetorically, looking left and right for a possible suspect.
    Dovah chirped, pointing to the road ahead. Kaja snapped his head in that direction and saw a Meowth fleeing with the Oran Berries in tow. "Ohoho, yer not playin' us for fools! Let's go, Dovah!"

Jeydis likes this.
  18. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    (Im so sorry for only replying now)

Eventually, Nora and Crash just decided to walk around Petalburg while waiting for the proper lunchtime. Normally Nora would be opposed to simply wandering around, finding it a bit of a waste when she could be doing something else, but she had nothing else in mind. Petalburg was a neat place though so that mollified her a little bit.

Soon they walked past a small hut next to a lake. A figure seemed to be resting on the hut's porch, which overlooked the lakeshore. It was a relatively peaceful sight.

Crash noticed a small ripple in the lake. When he looked he saw a small rocky spike move around before dashing away. Curious and wanting a chase, Crash split off from his trainer and ran towards the lake. 'Jang Mo!'

Nora was alerted by the clanging scales and the cry that Crash was leaving. When she turned to see, she saw her little Jangmo-o running towards the lake. "Crash! Get back here!" She called, chasing after the little dragon. Drying scales was never a fun experience.

Unfortunately, she was too late to catch up and Crash jumped and made a big splash in the lakeside. He looked somewhat sad and distraught that he wasn't able to catch the mysterious Pokémon. Just as Nora reached her starter a voice suddenly rang out.

"Oy, who goes there?" Nora looked back at the cabin and saw the figure resting on the perch stir. Soon it became obvious that the figure was an old man.

"Sorry!" Nora called back, trying to wrestle her dragon out of the water. "Crash here saw a Pokémon and took of running. Didn't mean to bother you!"

"Saw a Pokémon aye?" The old man said. "There be lots of Pokémon in this lake, but you'll never be able to catch any just standing on the shore."

Nora was intrigued. A new member this early did seem pretty nice and she knew how useful a water-type Pokémon could be. "How?"

"By fishing" The man picked up the fishing rod, which Nora didn't see earlier, and tossed it into the water. "I'd teach ya, but I dont think you have the patience for it. none of them new trainers do." He said, seemingly dismissing her for now.

Nora is not a patient girl. What she is, however, is competitive. With a challenge and an opportunity put right infront of her, how could she refuse?

"I'll do it." She said firmly. The old man on the porch looked at her for a moment and Nora kept eye conact. After a while the old man shrugged and tilted his head to the porch.

"Come here and maybe I can give ya a few tricks I have."

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @NyxieRina

So Emma and Kenshin continued exploring until they saw a Jangmo-o making a splash in a lake with that older girl from before chasing them. [Huh, isn't that the girl from before?] Kenshin wondered. Before Emma could answer though, she could hear the older girl shouting "Sorry!" to someone on a nearby hut's porch. As the two went on with their talks about fishing (or so did Emma hear), the redhead went closer to the old man, then asked by the time she reached the hut, "Uh, excuse me, what's with this fishing anyway?"

Kenshin, however, hopped off from Emma's shoulder and went to the other girl and her Jangmo-o. [Excuse me, what's going on here?] he asked via telepathy.

20. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9
    ELJ9PLZIwFrUtVQ55DSH.jpg

Syrus cuddled his Pokéball containing his new partner, cutiefly. "Chloe is a perfect name, dont you think?" Syrus whispered towards the ball. The boy and his popplio sat down next to the field of flowers. The battle was short, but it would be wise to rest at least a bit. A grin crept onto Syrus's face. He would use this opportunity to train.

---

"Go, water gun!" Syrus shouted, pointing forward and winking as he commanded. His popplio hopped along to match his trainer's view. She quickly fired a narrow shot of water towards the opposing yanma. It's small wings flapped so fast that they almost looked as if they were still. The quick Pokémon barely managed to dodge, zippingaround in the air and rushing in for a quick attack. "Look out!" Syrus called. Nami attempted to dodge, but as the yanma zipped by, it fired off it water gun at close range, hitting the back of the yanma's wings. The flying type struggled to stay airborne for a few seconds, then crashed to the ground. The impact must have been enough to finish the job, because yanma had been knocked out.

"We did it, Nami!" Both Syrus and Nami cheered. They had battled a wild buneary, and lost, but had won two battles against a yanma and scatterbug. Perhaps it was time to rest? Syrus picked up his things, still holding onto his new partner's Pokéball for dear life. He was so engulfed in training that he had forgotten about training his new cutiefly. Perhaps he could heal his Pokémon first and then help his new bug type get stronger.

Syrus had been walking for about 30 minutes. The town was actually pretty close, but he wasnt in a hurry. While walking, he had released his cutiefly from her Pokéball so he could get to know her better. The small bug type seemed delighted to be with him, much to his surpise. It seems that Pokémon could see the world around them through their pokeballs. So it could see how careful Syrus was. It fluttered lightly, occasionally being carried by the wind. "Oh look, Chloe, it's Petalburg!" He started skipping now. "You lived near here, so maybe you know what it looks like haha." Syrus chuckled. This was his first Pokémon since he got popplio. He could already feel like his journey was really beginning.

Syrus and his Pokémon reached the Pokémon center, but Chloe the Cutiefly suddenly flew upwards instead of following her trainer. She flew a few feet into the air to where the sign for the Pokémon center was, just right above the top of the door. She flapped her wings excitedly, calling to her trainer. But whatever it was was a little too high for Syrus to see. Chloe could see that now, and instead tried a new tactic. She wrapped her tiny legs around what appeared to be a round object, buzzing furiously to lift it just a bit. After a few moments, the object lifted just enough to fall over and fall towards Syrus, who swiftly caught it. It was a round stone that shone brightly.

"Haha, you found it, huh?" A booming voice from behind shocked the young trainer. A tall man in a suit and slicked back hair stood firmly. He honestly had no other discernable features. Syrus joked in his head how it would be difficult to identify the man if he was a kidnapper. "I did my best to hide that one ao no one would find it" he chuckled. "But thank your Pokémon for noticing." He pointed to Syrus's Pokémon. "Well I am from Devon Corp, and you can keep that stone as a souvenier. Please accept the Shiny stone as a gift from us!".

Syrus had become a little uncomfortle. He wasnt really a fan of people rushing up to him so easily. He thanked the man, but in his head, hoped that they would never meet again. After saying his goodbyes, Syrus finally had time to go to the Pokémon center. ​