1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Homemade or fast food?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pokémist, May 3, 2017.

1. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    What kind of food you like? Something made at KFC or McDonald's or at home? Why do you prefer one over other? What is your fav food?(additional question lol)

I like fast food and homemade food equally because they have their own different taste. I like dumplings and burgers but I also like things made at home. Curry, rice and other things.

I love anything made up of rice lol XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Probably about the same. I really like my mom's cooking, but I won't say no to some chicken nuggets at the same time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I guess I'd say I like home cooking best, I don't eat a lot of fast food. Not to mention my mum likes to make stuff like steamed buns, dim sum and chicken nuggets from scratch, too. I won't say no to fast food, though XD

4. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Homemade food is the healthiest and tastiest way to go for me. Fast food is made to be cheap, so they tend to provide quantity over quality. Of course, I won't say not to some fast food because some of them are tasty enough. (Wendy's is still a top tier waifu~)

5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I prefer homemade food, especially my dad's cooking. His shepherd's pie is the best~

Though I won't shy away from A&W's every now and then for their chicken strips.

6. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    ...I work at a fast food place, burger joint more accurately. The only fast food I'll eat is chicken and never mcdonald's (even their ice cream gives me indigestion). Otherwise, I like homemade and I can cook very well myself. Homemade chicken pot pie, with a biscuit crust, is one of my favorites.

7. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    There's a kfc across the street so I just...go there...because I'm too lazy to cook lol
    But they have this new chicken strip recipe that I don't like so no more twisters for me

8. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I cook at home frequently (Being one of two people in my house that can do more than just use a microwave or toaster oven) so I do have a preference for home cooked food. The only issue with that is that I'm quite busy during the week and weekends, so I hardly have time to get groceries and end up making something out of whatever I find in our fridge and freezer.
    Last week, I made salsa verde shrimp street tacos with cilantro rice, pico de gallo and roasted poblano peppers.

Like many say already; I do have to end up going out to fast food places when I'm pressed for time, so a juicy burger, fries and sweet tea is something I'll have every now and then. So I would say it's about 50/50.
    When it comes to fast food; I'm actually quite picky. I avoid stuff like Taco Bell, Subway, KFC. Find McDonald's okay, but really only as a last resort. One of my favorite ff joints is In-N-Out Burger. Really fresh, really fast and really tasty! :D

9. ChaoticLupa

Shadow
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽90.7
    Ummm my mom does not cook, so I have to either starve or buy myself fast food, so I eat fast food a lot... Do not tell me I need to learn to cook, I have tried that and it sucked, lol.

10. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i personally like both, depending on who makes the food at home. if i lived by myself though i'd probably get fast food a lot bc i am not very good at cooking.

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I much prefer homemade cooked food to fast food, in terms of overall taste, quality, and nutritional value. I do eat fast food, but only on the basis of convenience - if I need something to eat fairly quickly, and/or there aren't enough supplies left in the house to fix up a proper meal at the time. In regards to the fast food, since most are fairly similar, I tend to go for whichever option is cheaper or most convenient, though I have been known to oddly crave one particular food time and again, so I may go hunting for that if that comes up.

But really, homemade cooked food is just better for me, so in that regard there's no real contest.

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Homemade because it's generally healthier. I don't usually eat fast food, especially not from places like McDonald's or Burger King (ick), but when I do I'll go to the slightly less junky places lol. But again, that's not often since I'm a worrywart for my health. Curly fries are pretty good tho. *_* Not sure how I'd survive working in a fast food place... would be tempting to eat there every working day since the food would be free, but at the same time it's really not worth overeating in places like those.

13. Inken'in

Inken'in Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Amulet Coin ★★★Icy Rock ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    I like both of them nearly equally. While homemade usually ends up being tastier and something you can easily change as you see, it usually takes lot more time and effort compared to just paying for a cheap cheeseburger which tastes good, even if might be little bit unhealthy. And if you end up getting a craving for some chicken nuggets or french fries in the middle of night, I really doubt that most would start cooking at that time (I once did, it's was... weird) and would just go the nearest fast food place that is open and sells them.

14. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'd say that I prefer a lot of home cooking, because it seems to taste a lot better than what can be served at fast food restaurants. But sometimes I can't say no when I'm desperate enough for fast food. I basically eat almost everything, but I have a preference for my mom's cooking.

15. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Either works for me, tbh. I would cook a lot more at home and then bring in a lunch to work, but I don't buy the groceries (no money :( ) so when I do try and cook, there's usually nothing there that I like to make.

16. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I usually prefer home cooking, but I also get cravings for fast food at times. Nothing beats homemade cookies, though!

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I would have to say homemade, while I do love McD's cheeseburgers they can't compare to home cooking imo, it both tastes better and is healthier.

18. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I rarely have takeaway, and if I do it's because I'm not home and can't wait to eat. My diet is normally very healthy (thanks Mum) and I find that I don't crave junk/fast food much anymore.

19. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Honestly I don't have a preference, however I eat alot of home cooked meals so I would have yo say that I'm spoiled cause I eat pretty dang well.

20. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I grew up on fast food cause we'd be out late at night so we needed to be quick and fast food was convienent. (Mind you we regret it now) So we now try to eat at home but dpending on the time we just have to use fast food