1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Horror movies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cherry3Fairy, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    You were expecting a thread like this, weren't you?

Well, what's your favorite horror movie?
    Do you even like this genre of movies? Or are they too much to handle?
    Do you actually turn the volume barely audible, hide behind a pillow or behind your little sister, and still yell when a jumpscare happens?

Planning on having a horror movie night this month?
    Recommend some?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I haven't really ever watched a horror movie. I get scared way too easily. As I've gotten older though, I've realized that I do actually want to watch some horror movies. Some of them just look intriguing. I think a big thing that's been holding me back is that my parents don't like horror movies, because they feel that watching movies with evil spirits actually invites evil spirits into our house...and yet they were just fine with watching Good Omens or Supernatural, or child-friendly movies about monsters and spirits. I just need to get over that hurdle of 'what my parents believe has to be what is right' mindset.
    I'm going to start with watching the Child's Play remake.

Pirate Captain and Cherry3Fairy like this.
  3. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Yep love Horror movies, not long ago I saw a movie about dolls/puppets, however those kind of movies and scary clows and robots are one of the only one I really think is way to scary
    however, my fav (Not really horror) but Nightmare Before Christmas

but The excorsist is really good, the original of course
    Insidious also amazing, the main character, that woman is so good she play in several movies
    Annabelle is good
    Eli is good but weird
    And last one, Devil this one isn't bad but yeah, okay

those I can recommend for now, if ya need more lemme know

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Muahahahahahaha! Of course I love myself a good horror movie. Not that I don't get scared by them, far from it. I do like getting scared, and it's nice to see some true horror actually pay off.

You may find it hard to believe, but when it comes to slashers in particular, my favorites are not the ones with a killer just coming to kill people. Things like Friday the 13th and Halloween really turn me off. Now, when the killers are very unique in their murdering ways, then they catch my eye. A perfect example is the Saw franchise. Yes, they can be perceived as gore for the sake of gore, and the later movies in the franchise are not particularly great at all, but the earliest movies such as Saw I and II are excellent examples of some devilishly clever psychological horror, with some extremely interesting traps that are more clever in execution than a lot of traps later down the line. (The iconic Reverse Bear Trap is a good example.)

Another one I like is the Final Destination franchise. While the acting is very cheesy at times, and the fourth entry in the series is complete and utter garbage, the idea that the monster seeking to end the victims' lives is Death itself is a really fascinating concept. And the Rube Goldberg-esque ways that Death pulls off his killings is extremely impressive, from having someone simultaneously drowning and having their insides being yanked out by a pool drain, to having an elevator freak out and causing someone's head to go to the next floor without their body, to a freak set of accidents that causes two girls to be roasted alive next to each other in tanning beds. It makes you fear even the most commonplace of items around your home, and it's beautifully well done. (Most of the time. Again, The Final Destination is a hot dumpster fire of a movie.)

And finally, A Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy Krueger is definitely my favorite out of the standard line of horror villains, and his dream kills are extremely creative and unique. I haven't gotten to see all of the movies so far, but the ones I have did impress me, and ANoES V: The Dream Child, is definitely on my agenda this October. (Technically, I haven't seen all of Saw either, so I'll try to get Saw VI in as well.)

Pirate Captain likes this.
  5. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,036.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    The horror genre has so many things within it, its hard to gauge it overall so here is my hierarchy:
    Monster movies > Mystery/Thriller > Action/Comedy horror > Body horror > Slasher flicks

Overall Alien, Cabin in the woods, 28 days later, It Follows would be among my favorites. Honorable mentions to Hush and Don't breathe both really surprised me in how good they were.

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    So, here's like a short storytime or something.

A few months ago, I decided to watch the movie "Ouija". If you've seen it, it's not that scary and the plot is sorta easy to predict too.

And, it took me at least four days to complete the whole thing.

I was just watching it on my phone, not even a computer, and even without earphones, I had the volume barely audible. Plus, my pillow right in front of my face, peeking through it even if I knew no jumpscare was coming for a minute.

Ah, yeah. So, it's actually my dream or more like a mission to watch a horror or at least a thriller movie at an actual theatre. Think I'll ever accomplish that?

So, I don't think you'd ever want to watch a horror movie with me, unless you want me to hide behind your shoulder the entire time and have your hands crushed by mine and your ears in pain by my screaming.

7. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    @Maleficent ive seen 2 movies in the theatre. One that mad3 me sick so much blood and body parts.
    The other one is insidious. Very good
    I wouldnt mind going with ya. As lonh as ya do not mind that I laugh at a lot of stuff

8. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Haha, I wouldn't mind going with you either. As long as you don't mind me screaming and crying in your ears.

9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Than I give ya lots of popcorn XD

Cherry3Fairy likes this.
  10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Well, yay! Free popcorn. Haha.

11. 13eevee