1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How am I all of a sudden so good?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RadEmpoleon, Dec 8, 2020.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Do you ever have those moments when you’re playing a video game and you suddenly start playing much better than usual? A lucky fluke, if you will...

This happens a lot with the rhythm games I play... there was one really hard level in Arcaea where I just didn't understand the pattern, then earlier today I was playing that level and it just clicked for me. I somehow got only like 6 misses (a lot of early/lates but who cares) and almost got a score of 9,800,000. Then I tried it again and somehow I managed to get a full combo through over half of the song and the whole time I was thinking "HOW AM I DOING THIS?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF likes this.
  2. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    For me it's more having particularly good or bad days as a whole...mostly bad. It's difficult for me to concentrate so it's difficult for me to really be consistent with much of anything. On the days I actually can though, I play out of my mind - I was struggling with a particularly difficult platformer a few weeks ago and one night at 1 AM I just pulled it out and absolutely destroyed everything.

No idea why, and I kind of hate it in all honesty, but it's whatever.

3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Ah the famous "The Zone". Happens to me on rhythm games and roguelikes/shooters mainly. Noticed it first when I played Stepmania way back when lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The main thing I can recall was a time I was playing Smash with my brother a while back. I was using Pokémon Trainer and just randomly did an incredible combo as Squirtle. I even said to him "That was the best I've ever played Squirtle."

5. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Yeah, this happened to me when I play rhythm games. For example, in 'Cytus' I was playing in a dificult level which would always get me over 10 misses every time, and my score would be an 90% - 94%. But after a good night's sleep, I managed to earn a 100% score on my first try on the very next day. It feels so good to finally sweep through levels once you got a flow going.

SAF likes this.
  6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I had that experience with Muse Dash. Within my first 15 hours of playing I went from terrible to consistently making the leaderboard. It feels really good to reach the top 50 on a particular song!

SAF likes this.
  7. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    This happened all too often in ITG.

I used to turn entire sets on their head with 1 or 2 plays because of this and it felt great.