1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How Big Will Gen VII Be?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by phineas81707, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    Short, simple, and easy to write, even if it takes a bit to think up: about how big would Generation VII's roster be? Judging by the patterns we've seen so far, I'd believe we'd potentially see over 100 critters again, especially to potentially make up for Gen VI having the smallest roster to date (though Gen V's biggest-roster-to-date might have contributed something).

...As my own guess, I'm going to say 118, for no reason other than there being an eight. This would be the smallest odd roster to date, but as Pokémon gets further and further along, I just think a drop in new ones each time would be expected.

2. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    I'm hoping that there will be loads of 'mon in the generation but only time will tell, I guess a hundred because Pokémon will want to make up for the lack in Gen VI, hundred seems to be a fair amount. We already know there are two new official Pokémon now(I don't actually know if Magearna is official yet)Magearna and Volcanion, it's most likely that Volcanion is part of Gen 6 because if you count the new Pokémon in XY on Serebii, it ends at Diancie meaning Hoopa and Volcanion are the last two, that's 72. Magearna is probably, to be fair, almost definitely going to be part of Gen 7 but there are still a lot of things unknown. Ii also have a theory, it's not a theory so much as a guess but as Magearna was revealed, will it be first in the Pokédex, like Victini in BW? It could happen but as of now, we don't even know if Magearna's a legend or not, it's obviously the most likely thing but Zoroark had the legend-like appearance, turns out he was just a rare Pokémon for BW.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nauris

Nauris The King of Konchus

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I won't even bother trying to think the number of the new Pokémon in the next Gen, when it hasn't even been announced yet. They were probably working on the Gen VII from the start of the XY, and naturally, depending on whether the next main series game is Gen VI or Gen VII, it'll have some impact with the roster, since if the next game is VII game, they'll have less time on working on it, meaning that there's fewer Pokémon while if they go with something like Pokémon Z or XY2, they'll have one more year to come up with stuff, which will probably be reflected on the number of new stuff we get.

And for my answer, I'd say either less than 100 or at around 110, depending on when they're going to release the the Gen VII.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Depending on how we want to manipulate the math, I'm going to predict 32 or 33 new Pokémon. Ignoring all generations 1-4, #5 gave is 155 and #6 gave us 71. With this totally substantial and well-supported (asterisk) pattern showing each generation releasing 45.8% as many as the previous generation, #7 should have 32.5. So here's my breakdown:

9 starters (that is, the usual triple with three stages each)
    2 stage first-route rodent
    3 stage first-route bird
    3 stage first-route bug
    2 stage aquatic non-fish
    1 stage related to Pikachu (same vein as Pachirisu, Dedenne, etc)
    2 stage incredibly awesome species a-la Zorua/Zoroark or Riolu/Lucario
    3 stage really well-made (visual and strategic) Fairy who continues to dethrone dragons from OP, potentially the 600 beast for this gen.
    2 new Eeveelutions that make a nice thematic pair (fingers crossed for Flying and Ground, Steel and Poison, or Ghost and Fighting)
    1 stage Pokémon that demonstrates a new game mechanic but isn't particularly useful in battle
    3 mascot legends
    1-2 extra legends

Okay, joking and cynicism aside, I would like to see just over 100. I was really disappointed in 6 only giving us 71 species, since I'm not counting mega evos. Admittedly, if we do count megas, it's at 119 and counting for Gen 6, I want to see more new species. If the only megas we see next gen are the Johto starters then I'll be okay with that, but I want to see at least 100 totally new and original species.

I still think we have another Kalos game before 7 rolls around though...

5. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    This is a good question, how big will it be? We had Generation 5 which added 155 new Pokémon, and Generation 6 which only added 71. I think that in Generation 7, we will see a few more Pokémon than in Generation 6, but not too many, I'm thinking in the 85-100 range for it. Of course, I'm hoping for well over 100 Pokémon again as I love Pokémon, and new Pokémon are pretty cool. However, I just don't think that that's too realistic, considering that if there were over 100, we'd be approaching 1000 Pokémon in only the 7th release of new Pokémon (I know that some individuals came out at different times than others, I'm just talking about per generation).

As for the starters, I like the Kalos starters a lot, and I want more dual-type starters, especially ones with unique typing (Delphox is the first non-legendary Fire-Psychic). I think it'd be a good time for the long awaited Grass/Electric, maybe a Water/Fighting (we still only have one, I think), and a Fire/Fairy. Just some thoughts on what would be cool, although I doubt that's what will really happen.

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I'm guessing we'll see a gen 6 sized roster for all gens from now on. The way the explained it is that Pokémon is getting so complicated with all of the moves, abilities, and of course, Pokémon that they want to start limiting how much they add. I honestly think they'll stick to this and keep futures gens at around 70 Pokémon plus some megas.

7. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I believe it's gonna be pretty big seeing it's gonna come out this year and I mean like it's the 20th Year anniversary of Pokémon. So they'll put so much effort into it. I feel like they're are gonna create Nostalgia for the player who have been there from the start (Making the realize how old they are and how loyal they were from the beginning). I feel like they are gonna be MORE creative with the Pokémon in this Gen. If not, I'll be quite disappointing.

8. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I hope we get a ratio of megas:Pokémon that looks something like 25:100. Don't get me wrong. I love me some megas, but I think we deserve some new Pokémon. If they give us more than about 30 megas i'll be a little disappointed.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm not too fussed but I'd like to see more than we got with X/Y. Extra variety in Pokémon is a good thing and I hope they realise that!

10. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    We'll probably get a bunch of megas. They're easier to design than something completely new. Im assuming we'll have about 100 new Pokémon, And about 10-40 Mega Evolutions.

They'll probably go middle-ground between the amount we got in Gen 5 & Gen 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.