1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How Competitive Are You?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheChaosK, Jan 16, 2018.

?

Are you a competitive gamer?

1. I like a good competition.

57.1%
  2. i like to keep things casual.

42.9%
  1. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    IN todays day and age gaming is becoming a bigger and bigger thing and Esports is becoming a huge thing. so how competitive are YOU in gaming? what kind of competitive games do you play? this can be anything that has a semblence of PVP in it from an MMO, a shooter, a fighting game, even Pokémon. lets discuss our fav forms of competitive gaming and Esports.

2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I absolutely despise PvP. I refuse to partake in it, in fact. I guess that means I'm either too competitive, or not competitive enough. I can't say I particularly enjoy losing, and when you find a player that is better than you that tends to be what happens - repeatedly. I don't play games to lose, because it's not fun. So I tend to avoid PvP, because it is almost always a breeding ground for people who play these games for several hours more per day than I do and are significantly better than me at the games and will demolish me in no short order.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    @Zeria oh boy do i know how you feel. personally though i loe the adrenalin rush of fighting someone who is alot better then i am. it tells me i still have things to learn and mroe room to grow. though losing is never fun and there are alot of cancerous people on the competitive scene. when you find those honorable players it becomes that much mroe worthwhile. that being said though finding a nice solo game or playing a cooporative game with friends is never a bad way to spend a day either.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I play Competitive Overwatch here and there, I am not good but I really hate losing or dying, I feel like I let my team down

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I sometimes play Competitive Overwatch. I don't play it often, but when I do play it, I aim to win.

6. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    @Cadbberry @PokemonFan26 you guys play it on the PC or on like Xbone/PS4? i have (and love) OW on the PC myself competitive lucio in the house lol.

7. smol kirboi

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽101.5
    i am not really competitive unless there is a big reward
    other than that , i could say that Hau is more competitive against gladion than me against anyone
    i just like to have fun

8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Most of the time, I am casual. However, I do enjoy some competitive play every now and again. I find it fun to test my skill against others. Allows me to identify how good I am at a game or class and can often give me tips on how to improve. I treat every death as a learning experience. I'm very laid back in nature and I rarely get mad when I die to someone else. I do like to play competitive from time to time but because I'm so laid back, mostly I just do casually.

9. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    @SyWry that is a very good way to look at things and i try t be like that myself. im big on competitive scene and PvP but i try not to get mad if i lose cause when you lose you learn.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    When I play video games, it is a single-player affair. I play by myself, against the game, technically, and see what I can do. Games are meant to enjoy, relax, and have fun with. I can't do that in a multi-player environment. The question of 'competitive versus not' doesn't even enter my mind, because it isn't even relevant at that point. If I don't have fun playing a video game (even a little bit of fun is fine), I don't play it, and that's all there is to it.

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I much prefer to play single player games, but I do on occasion dabble in Mario Kart or other multiplayer games. While I don't mind not winning, I don't want to be the last of the pack, so to speak.

I play mostly Hearthstone on my brother's account if I want to play, because he has an extensive card base, and good decks that he always patiently explains, and boy it can get rough for my opponent.

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I play on PC only, I fill so it doesn't matter much to me who I play. Feel free to add me Cadbberry#1455!

13. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Playstation 4. I often go as a healer, mainly Mercy. Most of the time you'll see me in the custom games area though.

14. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Not at all. Despite being surrounded by video games all my life, I've never really played any. I play Overwatch as well, but I never play comp simply because 1) my skills aren't that good 2) I hate being yelled at. I just play to have fun and destress, and people yelling at me over mic saying I'm a bad Mercy would just mess with me. So, yeah, I'm about as casual as casual can get.

15. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    not really. I try to avoid PvP whenever possible, because I know I'm going into an endless pit of despair if trying to win if I ever try.

FireSpartan5 likes this.