1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How did you beat Metagross?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Phantom of Music, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    For me, I just went ahead and used Primal Groudon. Not that I didn't have any good strategies with other Pokémon, I just wanted to train it. Using Desolate Land once knocked it out! He he...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I lost to Steven about 15 times for my first E4 run (save and retry, so it wasn't like I was leveling), so I know your pain. My two main components were Cacturne and Mega Blaziken.

Cacturne's job was to be a pain in Metagross' butt with a combination of Psychic Immunity, Rocky Helmet, Spiky Shield (MG could only offensively use Bullet Punch with Cacturne's Dark type), and Sucker Punch (so I can get an almost-last laugh, because I KNOW he's bullet punching every turn), and a whole lot of Revives so I made him almost-faint from that annoyance.

Blaziken's job was three-fold, and lasted the entire battle:
    1: Get lucky with a Blaze Kick to get rid of Skarmory before he could Spikes my team (that's an important step).
    2: Use Brick Break to get rid of Claydol's walls (Steven would always bring Claydol back out for me as a second-to-last before Metagross)
    3: Know exactly how much percent of MG's life bar Blaze Kick will do, to get Cacturne to that point and let Blaziken finish the job.

Fun fact: If your opponent KOs your last Pokémon with a contact move, and Rough Skin or Rocky Helmet also KOs the opponent's Pokémon right back, you still end up losing. That happened to me about 5 times against Steven. Thought I was so close each time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Stevie's Metagross was a total butt, but somehow I conquered it using... a rock smash Metagross that was not mega evolved. I just kept chipping it's health, lowering it's defense every so often and slowly, but surely, dealing more and more damage. Considering Steven's Metagross actually only has not very effective moves against Metagross, I was able to keep Metagross alive just enough to chip down Steven's Metagross.

4. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Two words:

MEGA BLAZIKEN

Seriously Mega Blaziken OHKOs this thing.

5. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I used my Sharpedo. I used Crunch, healed a few times, Crunch'd a few more times, and I was set.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I don't remember at all how I beat it in Omega Ruby. As for Alpha Sapphire...I'm pretty sure I got it with my own Metagross. It was really cool to do that since it was a regular vs shiny battle.

7. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    If I'm playing with a level limit, I try to overpower it using Pokémon that have the advantage. If there's no level limit, my levels are usually 10+, as I only train three at a time.

8. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I had a leafeon at Level 60 when I battled and it knew 2 ground moves so I was set in that area. If anything when I battled Steven I only went through 2 Pokémon. Talk about cheating huh?

9. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    in my wonderloke that thing destroyed my team apart from my newly caught lapras which bulked 2 giga impacts and killed with rocky helmet and surf ^.^

10. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    But... but... Desolate Land is an ability... that summons harsh sunlight... :(

11. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    1. Mega Swampert

2. Spam Earthquake

12. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I meant that move Groudon had... Precipice blades. Yes, that one. I defeated Steven with Precipice Blades. Sorry, I get confused a lot!

13. Pokeman

Pokeman GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZHE FINEST IN ZHE WORLD

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    For the first time, I beat him up a bit with Flygon and finished him with Ninetales. The other time, I just mega evolved my Swampert and beat the crap out of him with Earthquake...

14. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I actually beat it with a Metagross of my own - well, Steven's. That thing put in a ton of work on the run through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.